Bono signs in as.....??????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: reply

wizard2c said:
So the question remains....what becomes of Bono's used socks.......the ones he discards {no longer uses}....are they sold, given to charity....or does he just hoard them away? :huh:

that is a very good question:hmm: :hmm:

I agree with GibsonGirl that this thread would've been more suitable in PLEBA. There wasn't much room left for discussion especially since the original post gave away the answer. But regardless of its location-- I must've missed the addendum to this forum's description: "but only if those reactions and thoughts are in agreement with the reactions and thoughts of other posters"

All GG did was request an elaboration on the initial post. :shrug: I feel like the "if you don't like it ignore it" theory could work both ways here--if she were to start trolling the boards and only contribute "snarky" remarks that would be different, but I don't believe that's the case.

btw I think that Bono makes white flags out of his old socks and then proceeds to line his walls with them :hmm:

Achtung_Bebe said:

All GG did was request an elaboration on the initial post. :shrug:

:up:

Maybe she was suggesting how discussing the band’s registration names can potentially venture into the personal terrain of U2. Whatever the case, friction and healthy debate are great things in any thread.

As well, unyielding love and admiration for the band aren’t prerequisites to sharing your opinions on them. We’ve all gone through cycles of intense listening, drifting away, then coming back (or not).

From my vantage point, People like GG are helping to create the atmosphere of great discussion in general on Interference – even if they aren’t ordering everything from the U2 menu at the moment.

SpaceOddity said:
Or where you mock other fans because you think if someone likes HTDAAB or ATYCLB, they're fools or "sheep".

It's funny because I actually agree with the basis of where you're coming from, and it is frustrating to see a band you once loved in a decline (IMO) but I just don't understand why you take the time to remind people that you don't like them anymore.

Im a bit skeptical of the whole thing. GG I think you're going thru classic U2-overload backlash. All the signs are there...girl U2 doesn't even figure into your top 100 artists or songs anymore! How does that equate to the same person who fell in love with U2 in 2000 and spent the next few years learning songs, recording them, etc etc? I recall you laboriously studying the tracks and agonizing over effects and tabs and posting up your recordings of U2 songs. So the answer, in short, is that it doesn't make sense. If, as your profile says is correct, you first heard them 1998 and fell in love with them in 2000, you don't even have a reference point to comment on in terms of 'band in decline' apart from a retroactive listen to their studio/live material since you got in to them. That's hardly a position to be making judgement calls on the path they are on, IMO. I went thru a period (like 95/96) where I barely listened to U2 as well, because I had found some new tastes and revisited some old musical haunts, some of which you now list as your newly found favorite artists. You will come back to U2, believe me. Maybe not today, but one day. At any rate, thats just my musings wandering into this thread and knowing little about the whole issue and/or about you in general apart from the various posts I've read of yours (and enjoyed) over the past couple of years. So take it for what you will, not meant to be a diss at all...and god knows Im probably the last person on earth to be giving a lecture on being balanced - HA!

Anyways, carry on...

oh, and GO HABS!

:wink:

A lot of fuss about nothing if you ask me! :corn:

But what's this about a "band in decline"?!? Maybe in your tiny part of the world!! There's no arguing about taste but that's a bit of a sweeping statement not to mention a contraditory one!! U2 is still having number one hits all over the world, making brilliant music and selling millions of cds, selling out stadiums and arenas across the globe and putting on the best shows around, still has millions of avid fans like yours truely who would give their right arm to meet them in person! In what sense is U2 a "band in decline"?!? :rant:

:corn: unbelievable....

All I wanted to say is something simple a little tid bit of information I do believe that PLEBA is for posting pictures of the band.

PLEBA
Talk all you want about Larry, The Edge, Bono, Adam, and Paul McGuinness. This forum is used primarily for posting pictures of the band.

Everything You Know Is Wrong
This is the general discussion area, primarily to be used for reactions and thoughts about U2.

I think this was in the right place.

I think this is more of a PLEBA topic, so I'm going to move it.

And I'd also like to add that I can't believe the rudeness I've seen in this thread. :tsk: Knock it off, or this thread is getting closed.

Well, fuck...guess I shouldn't have posted. :huh:

Sorry JCOSTER. :(

Well, PLEBA/EYKIW topics can be sort of a gray area. PLEBA really is seen as more for pics, but trivia/tidbit type of threads pertaining to members is more typical of PLEBA than EYKIW.

Well, it has been requested that this thread be closed. While a request alone isn't enough to get it closed, I see the point of the request and am going to oblige.

I know that spin-off threads aren't allowed, but if anybody would like to start another thread discussing past monikers that U2 have used in the past to conceal their identities, feel free to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom