Bono shaped Masculinity.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rini said:
I may get run out of town for saying this, but I think Bono has illustrated what a lot of Hollywood misses about masculinity: it's not that he's tall, his face isn't very balanced (he's said so himself so don't come after me with torches and pitchforks!), and he looks more like a taxi driver than a rock star.

What he is, is compassionate, warm-hearted, faithful to his wife, loving on his kids (the video of him dancing with Eve nearly breaks my heart. He's giving her caring and recognition he never got from his own father. Yea, Bono!), responsible (most of the time) and honest (even about not always wanting to be responsible). He's fun loving and gracious to complete strangers. He's loyal to his friends and fans. He knows Grace found him when wasn't looking for it. He's Everyman, and all of us can look at him as a role model for being a decent human being, even with faults (his and ours). There's hope for all of us.

So bring on that Nobel Prize, even if he doesn't tuck in his shirt. I can't think of anyone who more richly deserves to be honored.

We'd probably love him and drool all over him no matter what he looked like because it's his heart that has captivated us.

Rock on, Bono. God bless you.

...and I so totally agree with you on this. :up:

Galeongirl said:

bonoevillooku2byu2qt4.jpg

I'm not one for the pop crop look, but OOOOOOOF!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

MadDaisy said:

I'm not one for the pop crop look, but OOOOOOOF!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

:shifty: it's the look he gives ya isn't it.... the badass look :drool: that's why I love POPBono so much...

Bono Fox, where are those Rock for Africa CNN caps from??? they look from around 2002-2003 :hmm: but the hoody is recent...

youvedonewhat said:
(I've got to have tests at hospital later this week and I'm trying my best not to worry about them so pix of the B work quite nicely).

Maybe I should print a couple off and take them with me to stick on the ward ceiling...

I hope everything will be okay, YDW. :hug: Yes, take a picture with you, if only in your mind's eye. This one does it for *me*.

Bonobwdress.jpg

Rini said:
. . . he looks more like a taxi driver than a rock star.

I think the man himself once commented that he looks more like a bricklayer than a rock star. ;)

The wide variety in these pictures just shows that everyone has his/her own concept of "masculinity", doesn't it!

MsPurrl said:

I hope everything will be okay, YDW. :hug: Yes, take a picture with you, if only in your mind's eye. This one does it for *me*.

Bonobwdress.jpg

Y'know MrsPurrl, this one does it for me too..lol...perfect for the imagination when stuck to the ceiling: Bono lying above me...:drool: :evil:

Back
Top Bottom