Bono reading Yeats in Dublin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for posting the photos people and the links too :D

Thank you DreamOutLoud13 for the photo not watermarked :D

Bono looks great :D

:wink: :ohmy: Oh my Gosh! Is that Jeremy Irons? What on Earth is he wearing? Looks like everything in his closet at the same time!!! Whew.....But Bono Looks.....a good! :drool: Purple!:heart: :bono: :combust:

I haven't seen a download for this yet. Greety you have heard him reading other poetry before though right? There's a lot of it around, that will play on itunes, etc...

bonocomet said:
I haven't seen a download for this yet. Greety you have heard him reading other poetry before though right? There's a lot of it around, that will play on itunes, etc...

yeah, I have a few, incl. the Bukowski poems, I just like to hear him recite ;)

Just curious what you have :hmm:
I have the Bukowski Roll the Dice video, but not audio. Do you have more Bukowski then? :ohmy:
I'd be interested in any more poetry as well.
(I have Driving to Midnight Mass..., Mother of God in English and Spanish, and L'Incontro with Andrea Boccelli)
Sorry if this is derailing... I really do want the Yeats poems downloaded.

BonoFox1 said:
bonodublin5.jpg

would anyone like a go at dewatermarking this one??

last unicorn said:
Yes, I would love the link(s), too, I have some stuff at home on my computer, and I LOVE the way Bono reads poetry.

Count me in if anyone gets the Yeats stuff...listening to that on my iPod *might* get me through a day at work. :wink:

bono reading yeates on ipod .... get me through work ? better than that ,... they at work would be wondering why i was hiding under the desk in a puddle of drool with a silly look on my face .... :giggle:

bonocomet said:
Just curious what you have :hmm:
I have the Bukowski Roll the Dice video, but not audio. Do you have more Bukowski then? :ohmy:
I'd be interested in any more poetry as well.
(I have Driving to Midnight Mass..., Mother of God in English and Spanish, and L'Incontro with Andrea Boccelli)
Sorry if this is derailing... I really do want the Yeats poems downloaded.

I have Roll the dice audio, and another poem by Bukowski, The Crunch.
Then I also have Driving to midnight mass and God's laughter

ooh, I just found this, so I won't even have to load.
Here you can find The Crunch, it's the second from the bottom of th efirst batch.
You can download by doubleclicking the blue dot:
http://echosphere.net/noise/u2sounds.html

ps where did you get the Roll the dice video?
I did see it on youtube though, but I don't have it.

Thanks greety! I'll get that one from the link. If you don't mind uploading the others I don't have that would be awesome. Would you like L'Incontro? (I don't see it on that list) It is gorgeous. His voice sounds amazing on that one.

Oh just saw your edit. Galeongirl downloaded it from you tube into a saveable avi file. Would you like that?

Maybe we could collect the poetry stuff and upload it, like the Bukowski poems, which I have only seen on You Tube. I have to check which poems I have when I get home.

bonocomet said:
Thanks greety! I'll get that one from the link. If you don't mind uploading the others I don't have that would be awesome. Would you like L'Incontro? (I don't see it on that list) It is gorgeous. His voice sounds amazing on that one.

Oh just saw your edit. Galeongirl downloaded it from you tube into a saveable avi file. Would you like that?

I'd like that link yes, please ;)

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I do have L'incontro, thanks!

last unicorn said:
Maybe we could collect the poetry stuff and upload it, like the Bukowski poems, which I have only seen on You Tube. I have to check which poems I have when I get home.

Sure! I'd be glad to upload what I have. Since this thread was about poetry maybe the mods would prefer to keep it here rather than start a new thread, whichever way they prefer.

Last edited:
last unicorn said:

I'll load the Roll the dice poem later, I have to go now, but I'll come back here.

edit: and God's laughter too (from Brendan Kennelly)

It will be a nice way to wait for the Yeats poems to appear :)

Last edited:
:lol: I know it's confusing. Yes I'm uploading the Roll the Dice vid now, and I'd love to get the audio of that. Also God's Laughter. Thanks! :)

bonocomet said:
:lol: I know it's confusing. Yes I'm uploading the Roll the Dice vid now, and I'd love to get the audio of that. Also God's Laughter. Thanks! :)

Here they are, I might add the Crunch later on for those who don't find it in the link mentioned above.

http://save file.com/projects/808494062

thanks for the video link ;)

Here is the text of The Crunch, although Bono wouldn't be Bono if he didn't alter or skip some parts :lol:

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/the-crunch/

Last edited:
Thank you all for the links!
Can someone, whoever has it, upload the Midnight Mass as well, since I only have God's Laughter (English and Spanish), Mother of God, and L'Incontro (love it so much).

bonocomet said:
Can anyone get a download of Bono's reading? That would be awesome.

(There is a link to it on u2.com)

Galeongirl said:
:shifty: if you've a day.....

Gg, were you able to do the Yeats thing, or did I miss it? I know you can find the link at u2.com. :flirt:

Back
Top Bottom