Bono quotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Final Straw

The Fly
What's your fav Bono quotes from down the years.

It can be a quote from a live performance, eg:Edge play the Blues

or

From a video/documentary, eg: Rock n Roll Doggie/Rock and Roll....Stop The Traffic/ Yo!, Thumb a Lift There Edge.

So, wat's your favs?

"Do not pick a fight with somebody who for a living, lives off hand eye coordination. Not a good idea."

(Bono at the R&R Hall of Fame Ceremony talking about a gig in 1982 when Edge punched him in the nose)

Last edited:
"It cost a fourtue to look this trashy"
I forgot where I read that quote:reject:

this one is from Bill Flanagan's "U2 at the end of the World." it's quite long, but it's so cute =)

“An hour later Bono’s in a Thai restaurant, with Adam’s brother Sebastian, Edge, Morleigh, Edge’s sister Jill and her husband, Tim. Tim, who grew up in the same neighborhood as the Evanses and Claytons, now works for Polygram here in Australia. AS is bound to happen at such a reunion, childhood stories dominate the conversation. Sebastian says he remembers as a little boy jumping on Edge and beating on him as hard as he could, while Edge paid absolutely no attention. Tim says that he recalls being knocked hard on the head by Adam with a toy gun. Bono says that his great memory of the Clayton house is that it was the first place he ever ate spaghetti.

‘They didn’t serve spaghetti in my neighborhood,’ he says. He was having trouble figuring out how to wind it onto his fork when Mrs. Clayton said, ‘Oh, that’s all right, Paul. It’s okay to just cut it up into little pieces and eat it.’ Young Bono went happily about doing that, chomping away, when Mrs. Clayton noticed little Sebastian having the same problem and reprimanded, ‘Sebastian! Will you eat properly or do I have to cut it up for you like a baby?’ Bono’s face turned bright red and fell into his napkin.

As the wine bottles are emptied everyone agrees that as a child Adam’s great claim to fame was his virtuoso ability to fart at the perfect moment. As the English teacher was making his most poignant poetic point Adam would poot. Bono says that the year he sat next to Adam his English grade plummeted. Edge says that Adam’s legendary status among his fellow schoolchildren was assured the time he let a big ripper in class and told the angry teacher, ‘I’m sorry, ma’am, it just slipped out of my bottom’” (419).

"In my heart I'm not wearing any sunglasses baby ." said to Larry in a radio interview for Irving Plaza show.

tuwie said:
this one is from Bill Flanagan's "U2 at the end of the World." it's quite long, but it's so cute =)

“An hour later Bono’s in a Thai restaurant, with Adam’s brother Sebastian, Edge, Morleigh, Edge’s sister Jill and her husband, Tim. Tim, who grew up in the same neighborhood as the Evanses and Claytons, now works for Polygram here in Australia. AS is bound to happen at such a reunion, childhood stories dominate the conversation. Sebastian says he remembers as a little boy jumping on Edge and beating on him as hard as he could, while Edge paid absolutely no attention. Tim says that he recalls being knocked hard on the head by Adam with a toy gun. Bono says that his great memory of the Clayton house is that it was the first place he ever ate spaghetti.

‘They didn’t serve spaghetti in my neighborhood,’ he says. He was having trouble figuring out how to wind it onto his fork when Mrs. Clayton said, ‘Oh, that’s all right, Paul. It’s okay to just cut it up into little pieces and eat it.’ Young Bono went happily about doing that, chomping away, when Mrs. Clayton noticed little Sebastian having the same problem and reprimanded, ‘Sebastian! Will you eat properly or do I have to cut it up for you like a baby?’ Bono’s face turned bright red and fell into his napkin.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Poor Bono never ate spaghetti... it would've been brilliant to see babyBono eating it for the first time... *snicker* so cute!

"Basically it's a movie about myself, Adam, Edge and Larry -- three men and a baby."

(A random note in Rolling Stone, Nov. 1988, about "Rattle and Hum.")

Bono Mot said:
"Basically it's a movie about myself, Adam, Edge and Larry -- three men and a baby."

(A random note in Rolling Stone, Nov. 1988, about "Rattle and Hum.")

dare i ask whois the baby here??

Carmelu2fan said:
"It cost a fourtue to look this trashy"
I forgot where I read that quote:reject:

I think that one's from ZooTv era... but I'm not sure..

My fave quote from ZooTv era :wink:
"After introducing these beautiful women to my wife they all lost interest in me! They're her friends now."

Last edited:
`very cool quotes indeed!!! i cant think of a good one right now, but inn a few days ill post away!! keep it up plzzz :drool:

"It's not enough to rage against the lie...you've got to replace it with the truth."

"When you sing, you make people vulnerable to change in their lives. You make yourself vulnerable to change in your life. But in the end, you've got to become the change you want to see in the world."

and

"Don't get me too excited because I use four letter words when I get excited.!":shifty:

LostAtMoon said:

"Don't get me too excited because I use four letter words when I get excited.!":shifty:

:laugh: yes Bono we know! I love that quote~!!!!
I tend to use a four letter word too when I get excited.. one hint, it is NOT the F word :wink:

A few I like:
"There is quite a party atmosphere, when I announce we're going on tour, I don't take it personally!" - Bono describing the Hewson Family, 1992

"People are interested in bridges. I guess I've always been more interested in what goes on underneath bridges"

"Sunrises are God's hit singles. Do the big number first and then you just get on with the rest of the show."

"We used to look at bands who could play better and look better, and we used to say, 'They have everything but 'it.'' We had nothing but 'it.'"

"Sunrises are God's hit singles. Do the big number first and then you just get on with the rest of the show."

"We used to look at bands who could play better and look better, and we used to say, 'They have everything but 'it.'' We had nothing but 'it.

Love these 2

"I want to play the guitar very badly, and I DO play the guitar very badly."

"I dance much better horizontally than vertically."

Back
Top Bottom