Bono Quotes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interview with Fallon-
Fallon: "Bono, do you like you?"
Bono: : "Which version?"

Radio interviewer: "Recently, you've met Bill Clinton and
the Pope. Who's next, God?
Bono: "Oh, I'm sure I'll get to meet Him one day. But maybe not just yet."

I don't remember who was doing the interview here, but I always thought it was cute.

Interviewer: "And your wife, does she call you Bono, or does she call you Paul?"

Bono: "She calls me 'baby'."

clementine_rose said:

Interviewer: "And your wife, does she call you Bono, or does she call you Paul?"

Bono: "She calls me 'baby'."
Yeah, that's definately cute.

Also cute:

I vaguely remember reading, I don't know where, about a soundcheck or something before an Elevation gig. Two people (possibly roadies, venue staff, or people 'higher up') were discussing John (Bono and Ali's yet unborn son) and the impeccable bad timing... one of them asked the other if he reckoned they planned it.... Just then Bono walked by and said "No. God did."

I don't know if that really happened, but if it did it's adorable! :cute:

another one I liked but i don't know by heart but it was something like this.

"Do you believe in UFO's?"

Bono: they are a daily thing in my kitchen.

"have you ever seen one?"
Bono: she has good aim

I know there were a lot of good quotes on enjoyu2 but the site is down at the moment:|

greety said:

:lmao: I love that one - it's ace, always makes me laugh.

I also have a weakness for:
"All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up." -Bono

:angel:

I was watching the movie "Seabiscuit" tonight for the first time with my mother. There is a line in the movie, "Sometimes when the little guy doesn't know he's the little guy, he can do big things." My mom is not exactly what you would call a U2/Bono fan, but what she said next was really sweet. She looked over at me after that line in the movie and said, "You know what, that sounds a lot like Bono, he's a little guy, but he sure does big things, you know for the World, and AIDS and all."
I know this is not a Bono quote, I just thought that it was cute.

clementine_rose said:
I was watching the movie "Seabiscuit" tonight for the first time with my mother. There is a line in the movie, "Sometimes when the little guy doesn't know he's the little guy, he can do big things." My mom is not exactly what you would call a U2/Bono fan, but what she said next was really sweet. She looked over at me after that line in the movie and said, "You know what, that sounds a lot like Bono, he's a little guy, but he sure does big things, you know for the World, and AIDS and all."

Aww sweet! :)

greety said:

I know there were a lot of good quotes on enjoyu2 but the site is down at the moment:|

I beleive it was "do you beleive in flying saucers" :yes:

But that's a hilarious quote!

Clemintine - aawwww...so sweet :cute:

I must say one of my favorite quotes, Not by Bono, but used during the Elevation tour was Charlton Heston's

"Well here's my credo: There are no good guns, there are no bad guns. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a good man is no threat to anyone, except bad people."

U2Girl1978 said:
"I'm here to kiss Homer Simpson's bottom"
- Bono, interview about their part on Simpsons

"People keep asking what Popmart is all about. Well...I don't f*@king know!"
- Bono, Popmart Toronto, 10/27/97

"You work in a knicker factory! Lingerie! That's ok, in Sweden we don't wear underpants" - Bono, June 11/92, Stockholm Sweden
:drool:

HHAHAHAHAH good ones!
bump!

"Ali, my missus says "We are not 50,000 people...Shut up!" - Bono on Radio 1 :lol:

And the story goes on...(altough it's an Ali quote, but still funny):
"It is very hard for him to come back home and say, 'Yeah, I'm normal.' He wants to climb on the table at 11 o'clock every night and try to perform! He's wondering where are the 50,000 people. We sort of laugh at it now." -Ali, Bono's wife, after ZooTV to

Last edited:
clementine_rose said:

:heart: My parents usually choose to ignore the fact I like U2... :madspit:

My mom is pretty cool. She is not a fan of U2 by any means, but she is definately a fan of The Edge. She swears she doesn't like him, but when she sees him she gets a look on her face kind of like :cute:, and then looks around to make sure noone saw her....its so adorable.

VertigoGal said:

My mom likes them, but embarrasses me by mentioning Bono too often. :yikes:

Same here! So I keep telling her that U2 consist of FOUR (!!!) members! :)

Back to topic: another from the ZOO TV era /again, not Bono, but one of the Hewson's:wink: /

"Hellllooooo, we're on holidaaaay. Daddy, if that's you, we're not coming home until you take the horns off! Byeeeeee!" -Jordan, Bono's four-year old, on Bono's home answering machine (called during concert 8/27/93)

And at last one from B:

"We used to look at bands who could play better and look better, and we used to say, 'They have everything but 'it.'' We had nothing but 'it.'" -- Bono, 2003

Last edited:
Work like you don't need the money
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like no one's watching

Just give me what i want and no one gets hurt!

VertigoGal said:
^

My mom likes them, but embarrasses me by mentioning Bono too often. :yikes:

My dad hints that they are too poppy and don't have enough instrumentals (basing this off Beautiful Day and like 2 other songs). :grumpy:

Well, actually my Dad WOULDN'T work a computer even if he prayed to it, and I've got an Edge and B wallpaper and everyime I turn on the computer he says: "oh no, not that man with the hat again!! Why do you always open that picture? You are so obsessed" :lol: So THAT is embarrassing.. but he can really annoy me sometimes :mad:

scha said:

"Hellllooooo, we're on holidaaaay. Daddy, if that's you, we're not coming home until you take the horns off! Byeeeeee!" -Jordan, Bono's four-year old, on Bono's home answering machine (called during concert 8/27/93)

that is soooo precious! how cute! <3

Back
Top Bottom