Bono pix from Atlanta--??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono Q said:
hey guys this pic was posted on a georgia news site related the the atlanta event underneaeth the pic it says :Bono becomes emotional during a program to promote the AIDS crisis in Africa

:( I've never seen Bono get this emotional in public before...

I don't mind the hair length, I do think to look younger he needs to shave his beard (and leave it to Edge) and darken up the hair color a bit. Wonder how he'd look without hair dye these days?

Katey said:
I think what a great example of his humility. This is so important to Bono the emergency in Africa he often tries to keep the emotion seperate .. sometimes even for him it is all to much . I think this emergency and the sometimes lack of response breaks his heart.. Anyone who would ever question Bono's motives on this has never seen the passion in his eyes and the love in his heart that shines through , he is very genuine , I am humbled..

:yes: Very well said. The man is so full of compassion and sympathy for his fellow human beings, I wonder if his heart will burst from it. :(

Bono, you are doing God's work, and doing it well. Just don't forget to take care of yourself, too. :hug:

Sue DeNym said:

:yes: Very well said. The man is so full of compassion and sympathy for his fellow human beings, I wonder if his heart will burst from it. :(

Bono, you are doing God's work, and doing it well. Just don't forget to take care of yourself, too. :hug:

I agree. Did you read where he got really emotional when he went with the other stars in South Africa to Nelson Mandela's old prison cell? He was the only star there fighting tears. He said it was because they'd taken 27 years of the guy's life.........that was priceless. Sometimes you do want to say "take care of *yourself*, sweetie". :heart: :heart: :heart:

These are the tears from the eyes of a soldier
They come from a place of love and respect
The knowledge of pain and the heartache of wonder
From knowing his jobs not done yet

news.jpg

scanned this from the atlanta newspaper today

and I'd like to add that Bono didn't seem to despair last night, he seemed energized :) It was like a call to action! At least, that's how it felt to me :hug:

Katey said:
These are the tears from the eyes of a soldier
They come from a place of love and respect
The knowledge of pain and the heartache of wonder
From knowing his jobs not done yet

That's simply beautiful Katey, and just perfect

:heart:

:(

and I'd like to add that Bono didn't seem to despair last night, he seemed energized It was like a call to action! At least, that's how it felt to me
So glad to hear that but not suprised. Where he gets that energy from I will never know. He believes in the power of people
Simply amazing, I hope people hear the call .. I believe they will too..

Re: Sweet, Sweet Man...

Diane L said:
The picture that went along with this article has ME all teary eyed! I remember reading that when Bono was young, a coffee shop he used to go to before school was bombed a half-hour after he'd left that day. He might have been thinking back on scary times like those.

Really? Oh, my god...

Awww...that picture makes me want to go find him and give him a hug or something. :( :hug:. I've never really seen him teary-eyed before...poor thing.

Kinda reminds me of when I hear that infamous rant of his from "Sunday Bloody Sunday"-he's just sounding so frustrated, doesn't understand why in the world we can't just get along and stop using violence to solve problems, why we don't listen to those who fought for peace and equality more often...I sympathize with him completely on that part.

But it's that frustration, I think, that helps to motivate him somewhat, among other things. Katey, Sue, and verte, you guys said everything in your recent posts...he's incredibly sincere, and truly cares about people, and refuses to give up hope. I really, really admire that about him, that's one reason of so many why I love him.

Originally posted by Diane L
Such a sweet, sweet man... :heart: :hug: :bono: :heart:

Indeed he is. Thank god for people like him.

Also, I love these pictures. *Beams with the utmost pride* That's our Bono.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom