Bono performing in Philadelphia tomorrow.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thankyou

Refugee
Arts/Life > today
Bono to entertain as Clinton, Bush honored for fundraising
Liz Smith
Originally published October 4, 2006

SURPRISE! Surprise! When George H.W. Bush, No. 41, and William Jefferson Clinton, No. 42, appear at Philadelphia's National Constitution Center tomorrow night, they'll find their friend Bono performing. They'll read it here first if they are fans of this column! The Liberty Medal Award going to these two former presidents because of their fundraising on behalf of the Indonesian tsunami and Hurricane Katrina comes with a $100,000 cash award. Bush the Elder and Clinton the Younger will divert this money to their world help foundation.

Bono tells friends he is devoted to Clinton, while at the same time he has worked on improving the world with the 43rd president, George W. Bush. This show-biz philanthropist knows how to go along and get along.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/feature...oct04,0,6326189.story?coll=bal-artslife-today

good luck to any fans who might try to catch a glimpse of him!
:up:

Noooo.... There's no way I can excuse myself for taking the train into Philly tomorrow to possibly maybe try to get a glimpse of Bono. :sad: Faraway, so close!

Last edited:
Since Edge will be joining Bono in NYC tomorrow, and the Clinton/Sr. team is being honored for their Katrina work, I'm figuring on The Edge joining Bono for this as well.

Very strange indeed -- their site lists both a Tuesday date and a Thursday Oct. 5th date for this event. Looking for any reports to indicate it took place yesterday.

:confused:

http://www.constitutioncenter.org/libertymedal/

"The Presidents, who are credited with raising more than $1 billion to support disaster relief and recovery organizations, will accept the Medal and its accompanying $100,000 prize on Thursday, October 5, 2006 at the National Constitution Center, in what will be the first Liberty Medal award given under the Center’s management. This is the first time both Presidents will be present to accept a joint award for their efforts."

Last edited:
its going down thursday...just walked by...will be broadcast on local-dont know national abc 6
secret service here, giant monitors-outside affair
if anyones coming to philly, let me know-i'll try to get pix

Damm. I live in South Jersey, but have to work starting at 4pm tomorrow.

I don't know what the truth is but a person in Zootopia called the Constitution Center today to verify Bono's appearance at this event tomorrow and was told that it was Bon Jovi, not Bono, who is appearing there!

Maybe others might want to contact the Center to find out some more about this. :scratch:

kellyahern said:
I wonder if he will ask Bush Sr. why he never returned his phone calls? :hmm:

Now that would make for an awkward silence indeed!

-down here, nobody knows if B will be here or not...bon jovi will be here..the article was written by liz smith-she is a big gossip monger and usually gives out good dirt-or so im told

Back
Top Bottom