Bono on the ledge of a building!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonocrazy88

New Yorker
I was online and I had Access Hollywood on listening to it. Suddenly I heard them say something about someone going on the edge of a building. Then they said, "U2 frontman, Bono, couldn't resist that," and it showed ppl helping Bono onto the ledge and him screaming, "I am the lizard king!" :eyebrow:

Then the anchors said "Wow, you have to love Bono,"
"Yeah, Bono's so cool!"

Has anyone seen that? What's with that? LOL

bonocrazy88 said:
I was online and I had Access Hollywood on listening to it. Suddenly I heard them say something about someone going on the edge of a building. Then they said, "U2 frontman, Bono, couldn't resist that," and it showed ppl helping Bono onto the ledge and him screaming, "I am the lizard king!" :eyebrow:

Then the anchors said "Wow, you have to love Bono,"
"Yeah, Bono's so cool!"

Has anyone seen that? What's with that? LOL

No, that sounds strange to me. But it seems like I've heard that story before. Prolly just Bono being a goof. I've seen that show before. Seems gossipy. :p

Last edited:
I saw that episode a couple of years ago, I have it on tape somewhere!
I think Bono was on the same ledge of the same building that Jim Morrison was on once, I have a terrible memory but I think that is what it was, and then Bono imitated Jim saying "I am the lizard king" ......
*goes looking for the tape to be sure this is the case, lol

That was on Access Hollywood a couple of years ago when the Elevation tour was just starting. They were just doing an interview with him outside on this hotel balcony where Jim Morrison used to stay. So, Bono got up on the ledge and screamed 'I am the lizard king!!' lol. Just like Jim Morrison used to call himself. I remember when I watched it. He looked like he was gonna fall off! He was stumbling! :no: My mother said, Geeez, that guy is so dumb. :lol: Oh, and the Edge was there. He was trying to help him up onto the ledge. That part was funny.

:wave:

Wasn't aware Bono is a Doors fan.
Morrison did used to do that stuff of jumping from roof to roof,
usually under the influence of LSD or something. Then Jim gave
up drugs and became an alcoholic. :-(

I just caught the tail-end of that segment; managed to get some stills, too. :wink:

47b3d630b3127cce8c24cb2ed4250000003510

47b3d630b3127cce8c24cb2cd4270000003510

47b3d630b3127cce8c24cb2d55160000003510

47b3d630b3127cce8c24cb2b55100000003510

47b3d630b3127cce8c24cb10d41b0000003510

47b3d630b3127cce8c24cb20d42b0000003510

Last edited:
:( to your information, RockNRollDawgie. That's so sad...

QB, thanks for your video stills! Bono is such a goof! :lol:

Bonofied U said:
:( to your information, RockNRollDawgie. That's so sad...

QB, thanks for your video stills! Bono is such a goof! :lol:

Jim Morrison did have self destructive tendencies.
He supposedly straightened himself out for a bit in Paris in '71,
but died mysteriously. :sad:

Yes! Bono is a nut!:p :p :wave: :wave:

Jim Morrison was very talented but he really did have self-destructive personality traits, unfortunately. He was frequently either drunk, on drugs, or both. I am so glad rock 'n roll got past the "live fast, die young" ethos. Unfortunately we are still stuck with the ageism--have you ever wanted to, uh, sock someone in the nose--uh, that's not nice, sorry.......:censored: :censored: for calling U2 "old"????:scream: :scream: That came out of "live fast, die young". That whole thing sucks.:scream: :scream: Oh, well, if they don't take them that means more for us. :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored:

verte76 said:
Jim Morrison was very talented but he really did have self-destructive personality traits, unfortunately. He was frequently either drunk, on drugs, or both. I am so glad rock 'n roll got past the "live fast, die young" ethos. Unfortunately we are still stuck with the ageism--have you ever wanted to, uh, sock someone in the nose--uh, that's not nice, sorry.......:censored: :censored: for calling U2 "old"????:scream: :scream: That came out of "live fast, die young". That whole thing sucks.:scream: :scream: Oh, well, if they don't take them that means more for us. :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored:

I saw the Doors with Morrison once.
(Sorta gives me age away...lol) I remember there were rumors he was dead even then, because of his lifestyle. I was relieved
when I saw him off stage smoking a joint and drinking a beer.
It gets me mad when they call U2 "old" too, or the only
time U2 were good was when they first started out.

RockNRollDawgie said:

(Sorta gives me age away...lol) I remember there were rumors he was dead even then, because of his lifestyle. I was relieved

*is very jealous* :D

Jam Jar said:

*is very jealous* :D

It was my first concert experience. :)
The Doors played pretty much the same setlist that was on the
Hollywood Bowl video, except "The End." :sad:
Morrison didn't move around much on stage, except for his shaman dance during the instrumental breaks. :wave: :wave:
He did dive off the stage a few times. The "teenybopper"
girls were of course screaming evertime Jim did his diving act.
Ray Manzarek just shook his head in digust. Robby just looked
amused by it all. LOL! :)
I'm jealous of all those people that have seen U2 throughout
the years. I've only seen them twice, and that was on Elevation tour. I missed all their other tours.

RockNRollDawgie said:

Well, uh, I was too young for the Doors. But I've read the books......yeah, there were all sorts of rumors about his lifestyle. Smoking a joint, having a beer........hell, he was only starting for the evening. Unfortunately the controversy over this stuff overshadowed their music IMO. People wrote him off as a "druggie", a "drunk" and generally decadent without listening to the music. That's a shame.

verte76 said:

Well, uh, I was too young for the Doors. But I've read the books......yeah, there were all sorts of rumors about his lifestyle. Smoking a joint, having a beer........hell, he was only starting for the evening. Unfortunately the controversy over this stuff overshadowed their music IMO. People wrote him off as a "druggie", a "drunk" and generally decadent without listening to the music. That's a shame.

True. Morrison's "image" became the focal point after awhile,
and not the music. I think Morrison himself realized this and quit
the band to become a legitmate poet.
It's a big "if" what would've happened had Morrison
lived. Maybe he would've given up music altogether and just
written poetry.

Wow-Crazy!! As they used to say in those days! Under the influence! lol! Perrier! ha-lol! Hollywood never looked so good! ha-lol! I have never seen it from That view of Bono's! lol!

Back
Top Bottom