Bono on People Magazine!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madamc

Refugee
thanks salome999 for this picture!

Attachments

• peoplebono.jpg
    peoplebono.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 220
Thank you thank you thank you!!! I am so buying this tomorrow!!

:hyper:

peoplebono.jpg

:drool:

whaddya'll think...if we sent emails.....hundreds of them...and letters...think people would say something in response??

(did you know once i sent them a letter saying i would never read their mag until they removed smoking/cig ads? they did reply with some bullshit answer.)

anyway, i'm willing to send an email!

Some things to consider about Ben Affleck that may make him LESS than SEXY:

Live Planet, a production company belong to him and pal Matt Damon, had to weather Affleck's drinking and gambling problems last year, as well as disenchantment in the marketplace with most Internet-related businesses and, perhaps the biggest blow of all, ABC's pulling the plug on the company's planned reality series, THE RUNNER.

Fined $135 for driving in Massachusetts with a suspended license.

When he was little, he asked his mom for a dog, and she tested him by making him walk an imaginary dog for a week. Ben only lasted for 5 days, and didn't get the dog.

He has capped teeth

Affleck is getting naked in ads to launch lover Jennifer Lopez's new aftershave -- in the ads of the cologne, called Man, the actor will be featured totally naked in the shower.

In light of the failed attempt to snatch Posh Spice Victoria Beckham earlier this month and the current political unrest across the Globe, Affleck has hired $1.1 million worth of ex-FBI and CIA crack security agents to protect his fiancee Jennifer Lopez.

I tried searching the same website where i got that random info about ben affleck. it's called "celebritywonder.com" and Bono isn't even on there! So apparently he doesn't count as a celebrity.

Let's see what we can find out about Bono that makes him SEXY:

Bono defied authority, pushing things to their limit to see where they would break. If things didn't challenge him back, he left them without looking back, broken on the road like a busted pumpkin at Halloween.

At Amnesty International, he tore down the wall between the audience and the band, jumping off the stage and grabbing a girl to dance with.

Bono's intellectual wanderings are vast and unquenchable, and he has an amazing appetite for knowledge. He is also an activist, supporting Greenpeace, Amnesty International, Drop the Dept, the AIDS fight in Africa and countless others. He is father to four children, Jordan, Eve, Elijah, and John. His wife Alison is a very strong person, and someone we all as fans owe a lot to.

(above from a VERY reliable website. )

elizabeth said:
Some things to consider about Ben Affleck that may make him LESS than SEXY:

Live Planet, a production company belong to him and pal Matt Damon, had to weather Affleck's drinking and gambling problems last year, as well as disenchantment in the marketplace with most Internet-related businesses and, perhaps the biggest blow of all, ABC's pulling the plug on the company's planned reality series, THE RUNNER.

Fined $135 for driving in Massachusetts with a suspended license.

When he was little, he asked his mom for a dog, and she tested him by making him walk an imaginary dog for a week. Ben only lasted for 5 days, and didn't get the dog.

He has capped teeth

Affleck is getting naked in ads to launch lover Jennifer Lopez's new aftershave -- in the ads of the cologne, called Man, the actor will be featured totally naked in the shower.

In light of the failed attempt to snatch Posh Spice Victoria Beckham earlier this month and the current political unrest across the Globe, Affleck has hired $1.1 million worth of ex-FBI and CIA crack security agents to protect his fiancee Jennifer Lopez.

he also has hair plugs!

i think capped teeth is a sure sign of unsexiness. that along with the dog incident.

and elaine, aren't you always saying bono has hair plugs, too!?

Oh, how I wish that were the actual cover.

Love the picture, very creative.

Elizabeth, I e-mailed a letter to People magazine last night-I said something like, "One word for you people: Bono. How could you not include him?"

Has Bono ever been in the magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive" list in the entire time that list has been going?

If not, we gotta remedy that situation fast.

Angela

ok elaine and i are writing a form letter. you can copy and paste it, modify to your desire...and email it here:

OnlineEditor@people.com

Dear Editor,

I am writing to ask why Bono of the band U2 was not included on the Sexiest People List.

In today's world, sexy is not just about appearance. It's about inner beauty, and a dedication to love.

Bono embodies those qualities, and many more.

Bono has met the pope to discuss important world issues, like poverty, debt and AIDS.

Bono has travelled to Africa numerous times. In the 80's, he and his wife visited Ethiopia to teach the locals about hygiene. Bono then used his experiences there to raise awareness in the rest of the world regarding injustice in Africa.

Most recently, he travelled with Paul O'Neill to re-visit African nations and encourage first world nations to drop the debts owed by struggling nations.

Those are all subjective measurements of the man's worth.

There are objective reasons to chose Bono over Hollywood stars.

Bono is recognized worldwide.
Bono is a good face to have on your magazine if you want customers to pick it up off the stand.

2001: The Elevation Tour was reported as a sell out at all 113 shows throughout three legs in North America and Europe. The tour grossed $109.7 million USD in North America, making it the highest-grossing tour of 2001 and the second highest of all time, behind only the Rolling Stones' Voodoo Lounge Tour of 1994.

In 2001, Ben Affleck's movies (Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and Pearl Harbor) brought in $ 228,599,241 at the box office.

But wait....
All That You Can't Leave Behind sold 2 million copies in the U.S. and 11 million copies worldwide. That's approximately $181,870,000.

And that's not even counting the merchandise.

Of course, record sales and concert attendance don't necessarily mean someone is sexy, but all those fans love something about him.

Just some food for thought the next time you try to define "sexy."

Sincerely,

marina just reminded me last year's sexy man was Pierce Brosnan. Glad he wasn't this years...or I'd have a hard time arguing for Bono.

:mac: :mac: :mac:

This week's People

I'm playing catch-up after being gone a few days so I don't know if this was posted elsewhere.....but Bono is in this week's People (with the Osbournes on the cover). It's on the people.com page of the mag, don't have it in front of me but he was included in a poll that asks something about who rocks the hardest out of Axl Rose, Bon Jovi, Bono, and Sheryl Crow - Axl Rose won with 49%, Bono only got 8% :(

girls, I don't nornmlly post in your forum...but, timimg, timing

this is very very funny ....to me.
I bought a People magazine for the first time in years yesterday,because( here in Oz anyway)Jennifer Lopez is on the cover) hmmmm, my how it's changed since I last read it.:eeklaugh:
Hub looked through it and commented.."People? there aren't any men in it, they mean Female People"I told him he was wrong, there was a picture of the old guy who won the Harley)
So to see "People" in a topic heading herer this morning...I had to be curious.

I think a "U2 People" edition would be wonderful. I was embarrassed buying the mag at our very very small corner store, it's also the post office agency.( they know everyone's secrets) I said to the store owner, some people buy mags with Lady Di and the Queen on the cover, I buy J-Lo...and U2!
wd to the artist ..

in case you were all wondering, and i know you WERE, there has been no response yet to my email. i'll keep you updated.

*SALUTE*

Back
Top Bottom