Bono on Oprah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We hope you're excited about this month’s Vanity Fair, guest edited by (RED) co-founder Bono. The issue hits newsstands in New York and Los Angeles this week, and will be available nationwide on June 12.

Who's going to be on the cover of your copy? There are 20 different covers of people who've all done something for Africa – you may even want to pick up a few copies, as every cover was shot by Annie Leibovitz and will surely become collector's items! This is the first time that Vanity Fair has had 20 different covers of the same issue. (Check JOINRED.COM at midnight EST on June 6 to see the covers.)

The articles address the crises that Africa faces, but also delve into the beauty of the continent, covering African music, art and literature.

"As guest editor, I want Africa to appear an adventure, not a burden, and put faces and personalities to the statistics we read elsewhere," Bono said.

I just saw an ad for Entertainment Tonight and they will be talking about the Vanity Fair covers - tomorrow night.
It flew by in about 15 sec but it included Brad Pit and Bono:drool: and someone else, damn that's how fast it went by.
:wink:

I just watched the episode. I didn't see that Bono was on any of the covers, not that he isn't, but I didn't see them flash his face. I did catch my boy, George Clooney with Oprah, And Oprah with Bill & Melinda Gates. And Don Cheadle, Barack Obama, darn - I can't remember who else. It sounds like each activist would be on two, like passing the word along. Was a nice surprise to see the short segment. I actually didn't know in advance about it. I just tape Oprah every day, and saw that the featured topic was Michael Moore's new documentary, Sicko.

Make note to find Vanity Fair issue... but which cover :hmm: May not have a choice there I think... hopefully the stores carry more than one & it's not a territory thing.

HERE IT IS:

Find out more about the VF issue AND the new (RED) CD by clicking on this website (one of my favorite websites)

http://www.joinred.com/:love:

and find all 20 VF covers here:

http://joinred.blogspot.com/

Outside of the Bono covers, I love the one of Rev. Desmond Tutu and Brad Pitt! :hug:

PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS OF SUPPORT IN (BLOG)RED ~

There's a video of the photoshoot

http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/video/2007/africacovers_video200707

posl04_onthecover0707.jpg

posl05_onthecover0707.jpg

I also love Don Cheadle, he seems like such a sweet and genuine soul. i heard him interviews on NPR one day, recently. He is so involved, yet he said he didn't really like being in the limelight, but felt it was his duty. I so applaud how celebs, politicians and regular folk are joining together for civil rights issues- thanks to these people who simply CARE.

Important issue aside, I STILL want to jump Bono's bones, he is too hot for words-still:drool: :drool:

Last edited:
I want the first cover too. As a subscriber, it will be interesting to see which one winds up in my mailbox.

My favorite non-Bono cover? Muhammed Ali and Barack Obama. Two of the most charismatic men who ever lived and an awesome photo.

Last edited:
Diane L said:
I want the first cover too. As a subscriber, it will be interesting to see which one winds up in my mailbox.

I read somewhere today that subscribers will also get a poster with everyone on. Not sure how correct that is so I don't want to get your hopes up. But it's something to look out for if it's true :)

silvrlvr said:
On the promo this afternoon, there's a shot of Oprah on the phone, and she says to the camera, "I'm talking to Bono -- my boyfriend."

heehee

BFoprah-1.jpg

Last edited:
Did I miss this or has anyone captured this segment that was on Oprah in a downloadable form?

I couldn't find any link for it on YouTube and I can't recall seeing any link for it mentioned here.

Did anyone post the video of the Oprah piece on Bono and the (RED) VF this past week ?

Thanks for anyone's help with this. :sexywink:

Jamila said:
Did I miss this or has anyone captured this segment that was on Oprah in a downloadable form?

I couldn't find any link for it on YouTube and I can't recall seeing any link for it mentioned here.

Did anyone post the video of the Oprah piece on Bono and the (RED) VF this past week ?

Thanks for anyone's help with this. :sexywink:

:huh: exactly what I was thinkin, Jamila - hard to believe no one got it? hope we get to see it.

Back
Top Bottom