Bono On MTV Diary Tonight...Post About It HERE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was the best thing I've ever seen on MTV-I cried through the whole show. My heart was just bursting w/ PRIDE in that man, and broken seeing those people.

I don't know how he does it-how he maintains such hope in the face of such despair. But I guess he just knows he has to and keeps on fighting. God Bless Bono and those beautiful people in Africa.

These are from the MTV web site

bct1.jpg.jpg

bct3.jpg.jpg

bct7.jpg.jpg

bct8.jpg.jpg

bct9.jpg.jpg

bct10.jpg.jpg

I saw it too. I'm awe of Bono, Chris Tucker got on my nerves though and how did the students get picked?
It was very educational, who would of thought that a well only costs $1000.00 to provide people with clean water?!!!
Also, It?s the first time I heard Bono give specifics regarding the amount money they are asking from the US government- 1cent for every ten dollars ? it sounds so doable!!!

I really don't keep up with politics but I thought I heard they didn't get the money they expected. I hope that eventually we will see results from all his hard work.

I nearly forgot about that!!!!!!!!:scream: thanx guys if i can get home in time to watch it ..........i'll def .....i dont even have a video to tape it if i do miss it...................:mad:

It re-airs -

Thursday, 10 2:00 PM
Friday, 11 6:00 PM
Sunday, 13 7:30 AM

It was so unbelievably good.
(&%%&*%^% good.
I wish MTV would do more things like this, instead of their usual once every six months "look we care, really we swear!!" specials.
$1,000 for clean water...it's just insane.

(and the elevator thing hilarious :lol: )

:rant: I really hope that a lot of people did watch this and did get some idea of what goes on in other corners of the world. Witnessing Bono's debt relief and AIDS work over the past few years has further proved that Americans can be utterly clueless about not only the outside world but also about what goes in our own country. How many Americans know the names of their congresspeople, cabinet members, etc., or the names of any political leaders of other countries? Sadly, not many. And Bono's doing this, he's rattling off the names and he's been to their offices and he knows where they stand on the issues. This is what we should be doing!
US citizens are lucky enough to have a government that they control, that they can criticize, that they can appeal to, and so many of us never do. Hopefully by seeing Bono on television, in all these magazine articles, and listening to his appeals, his telling us that our government will not act unless we tell it to, that we can all start to take action not only on Africa but also on issues a little closer to home. Through letters and phone calls the Bush Administration has already learned that the US public is interested in debt relief and has taken some steps, if this became a regular exercise of people writing letters, making phone calls to their government flat out telling them, "This is what I want," then just imagine how much could get accomplished.

end rant

On a way lighter note, I also cracked up when Bono got smashed by the elevator. And when he was dancing all I could think of were his girls going, "Da-ad!!"

dsmith2904 said:
:rant: I really hope that a lot of people did watch this and did get some idea of what goes on in other corners of the world.

Well, I was thinking about this.
So I asked people today if they saw the show,
and a lot of them did!
I asked what they thought, and most of them were in shock.
They didn't know this was going on.
So, at least a few people have been educated.
Now, If we'll only do something about it.

*BOOMCHAA!* said:

Well, I was thinking about this.
So I asked people today if they saw the show,
and a lot of them did!
I asked what they thought, and most of them were in shock.
They didn't know this was going on.
So, at least a few people have been educated.
Now, If we'll only do something about it.

Very cool! MTV is so influential and I really admire when they do things like Choose or Lose or this Fight for Your Rights campaign, hopefully to influence people to take action in ways great and small. I think every little bit can help.

Must send millionth letter to Paul O'Neil!

WHOA that was AMAZING..so much we can do, and we don't do enough..i was teary eyed when i saw the oprah special, and this had me teary eyed, too...the points they brought up are amazing..for just $1,000, they can make a water well. we can give that 1,000! anyone could! just a cent even helps! that was truly amazing and truthful!

Just saw it.Again I am in awe of Bono!His compassion and committed are so admirable and true!I,like many of you were appalled at the suffering that is going on in Africa.I hope many people watched the show. and pray that the situation will only get better!Bono you are my hero!!!!!!

Bono is so sweet. He's like a teddy bear, I just want to hug him!!! Great show, great message. If it only reaches 25% of the mtv audience, then that's an improvement.

AND, I laughed my ass off for a good 5 minutes after he got smashed by the elevator. The elevators in my dorm do the same thing to me, Bono!!! :D

Unfortunately, I have not seen the show yet cus our school doesn't get MTV, but my tapes are coming to me next week :hyper:

....but what I wanted to say was that I was in my friend's dorm this morning and saw a small black and white picture of a starving African child that someone printed and stuck on the wall and it said "Who will feed this child?" and it really made me stop and think, it was just on the wall there in such a subtle, simple way......

i'm a bit late...

I just watched this, after taping it, and have been blown away. Just when I think I can't be touched by this man any more.

groovcat stated all of my thoughts- how sick the difference between the richest in the world and the poorest in the world is.

how the smallest amount of money can make a difference, can save a life.

how the people of Africa were alive and dancing and full of spirit, far more than many people we know and see, driving in the rat race, drinking in the bars...

I hope people took notice. I pray chance comes.

groovcat said:
I also thought it was quite ironic MTV airing Diary right after Cribs - come on does that little rap kid need a thousand sneakers (he doesn't even know how many) and do these people really need multiple cars, extravagant swimming pools - it made me sick and then to see Diary and how the people living on less than $1 a day seemed more happier, more real - theres something really f*cked about Americas priorities.
Just like Bono said, he's not a hero because he's a celebrity but the mothers and sisters and children and brothers who battle day to day to drink any, if clean, water and find shelter over their head and some to know they will die losing this battle knowing there is medicines available but can't afford them. I didn't see any despiration in anyones eyes - just celebration of life, like the memory book and all the singing and dancing.
hmmmmm...bono was so humbled and gracious, it was such a human side - not once did I think about licking his neck or kissing those wonderful lips. I just watched quietly and am, obviously, still trying to catch my breath.

:up:

It was a sad story:(

Bono is such a sweet and caring person. He deserves all praise for his efforts. Let us honor him in the way he deserves always.

Back
Top Bottom