Bono on MTV (and ONE.org) Next Saturday Night !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
001be6.jpg

001be5.jpg

Thank you all for your enthusiasm for this thread. :wink:

Last week was an extraordinary week for me.

Thank you all for your enthusiasm for this thread

Oh no, really, thank you!

Last week was an extraordinary week for me.

Really? That's just super! We'd all love to hear about your "extraordinary" week.

Although you might need to note that there were others who had a pretty spectacular week as well, maybe even better than you!
(Although that's hard to imagine, given your closeness to Bono and all.)

Anyway, can't wait to hear your story! I'm sure it's just a lesson to all of us about being loving and patient and keeping the needs of others uppermost in our minds.

Right, Jamila?

:yes: :bonodrum: :dancing: :rockon: :pray:

Thank you bonofox1 for posting all the lovely photos :D

Thanks Niamh_Saoirse for the link i'm downloading it now :D

The youtube one wasn't good quality .

Grrrr.....I had to miss the live webcast, but thank God for the extensive highlights.

Nice to see Bono evening the score.....attending a Bush Sr. hosted event and a Clinton event in the course of a week.

Thoughts:

--Am I the only one who hears the words "Apollo Theater" and has "Walk On The Wild Side" running through their brain?

--Clinton has lost a ton of weight. Bono needs to learn his secret. Though I hope he will never have to be forced to it by a heart condition. As for Clinton's body language....I think he has always been a touchy-feely guy by nature, long before he became, well, REALLY "touchy-feely". He and Bono have that outgoing thing in common.

--You know, I am concerned that Bono and Edge are starting to rub off on each other. Edge is starting to dress like Bono (that UNHOLY #*$*#$* BLACK!!! ). He looks so good in colors., what, Edge, are you doing?? Bono and Ali have that look trademarked, but that should be their domain alone. Edge is guilty of copyright infringement!We don't need triplets!

--And Bono you can stop acting the Elder Statesman. Come on you guys, CUT LOOSE!!!It's unnerving--we all know the guy can swivel his hips with the best, like he did in auditorium in Addis Ababa in '04. As for Edge....well, he can teach ME "belly dancing lessons" anytime. You know where he'd get THAT from.....:) Geez you guys, at this rate you might as well unplug and go folk on your next tour, like Dylan in reverse. Just because you're old enough to be some of these people's dads doesn't mean you have to act like it! You'd never know U2 ever were a rock band at this rate. I'm disappointed in you guys.

--Speaking of which, what ever happened to being in the studio? Adam could probably care less, but Larry must be having kittens--or rather German Shepherds, by now.
The guys must be delaying b/c Bono wants to make sure that the fall leg of the next tour will take U2 to the States during the next Election.

--Shakira is adorable. And what a voice! She'd a fantastic cross between Dolly Parton and Jewel with a splash of salsa. I haven't watched MTV in ages becuase they don't play music anymore, and radio is dross. I think I'll check her out. Recommendations?

--It's really criminal that Wyclef Jean isn't as big a R. Kelly or 50 Cent. He should be freaking EVERYWHERE.

Just think of it.....Edge is sleeping in a bed right now just 2 1/2 hours south of me, *le sigh*

Last edited:
Oh no, can be please NOT get into the "Bono has to lose weight", "Bono has to look/act/behave like XY" or "Bono has to stop doing this and that" theme AGAIN, it's getting annoying.

Do we really need this sermon?

Hey, I'm not preaching, Unicorn.....just being a little sarcastic reading all the posts. Commenting on the guys is one thing, but sometimes it gets too obsessive.

Really, I'd rather not discuss appearances. I'd love to spend all my time in PLEBA talking about the contents of speeches *ahem* or the campus projectt itself. I notice that there STILL isn't any commentary on the contents of the speech the other night, even in the non-PLEBA thread. Just another Bono appearance, ho hum. And I'd love to hear about such things as the future of campus activism here in the USA. But I don't see much of it. I came to PLEBA and got charmed at the droolfest but a bit disappointed that there isn't more intellectual discussion going on. This is another tour stop in "Bono's America" and while it is a pleasant fantasy, we are in danger of getting too sucked into it. Just because we are encouraged to hope does not mean we shouldstop asking questions.

Just to let every know I'm not knocking all you guys, but I'd love for us all to take a deep breath from the drooling and try to focus on matters of the head for a few moments.

Last edited:
Teta, I appreciate your thoughts, but sometimes I just feel it's getting too much, and I'm really annoyed about the ongoing discussion of Bono's appearance, weight etc. (especially since the heated arguments in the Bono vs. Mick Jagger thread).

I really feel that it is a waste of time and energy to make endless lists of advice for Bono and Edge, because a) we're not living their lives and b) they don't read it anyway.

Now back to drooling. :drool:

:wink:

:shifty: But isn't Pleba the place we come to share the pics of the band (and sometimes have a bit of lighthearted chitchat about them), and EYKIW etc where we go to discuss things in depth??

:ohmy:

:wink: :hug:

Last edited:
Btw, was anyone else disappointed that Bono did not perform, especially with Edge being there. All the other singers on the panel plus Wylcef did perform, I hoped until the end that Bono would make a surprise appearance on stage beyond the panel to sing something.

And speaking of performances, Alicia Keys was the highlight of the evening for me. The woman is beautiful, has talent, a great voice and her humanitarian work has to be admired. I have seen a lot of her performances, but I especially like the ones where there is only her voice and the piano. The lady is a real musician and I would have loved to see Bono and her performing together again.

Yeah, there are plenty of places to go and get intellectual, but I come here as an escape after a very stressful workday to just relax. :drool:

Life's already far too intellectual for me sometimes :giggle:, coming to Pleba is like having my glass of wine at night.....:shifty:

last unicorn said:
Teta, I appreciate your thoughts, but sometimes I just feel it's getting too much, and I'm really annoyed about the ongoing discussion of Bono's appearance, weight etc. (especially since the heated arguments in the Bono vs. Mick Jagger thread).

I really feel that it is a waste of time and energy to make endless lists of advice for Bono and Edge, because a) we're not living their lives and b) they don't read it anyway.

Now back to drooling. :drool:

:wink:

...and C) Even if they had the misfortune to read any comments/advice about their appearance/behaviour/mannerisms etc. they'd probably fall out of their chairs laughing at the same time wondering why people, they've never met and don't know, seem to think they have the right to tell how to live! :tsk:

Anyway, thanks for all the lovely new pics girls. :love: Been so busy, as usual, with school and work that I've been totally missing the last couple of Bono appearances. Does anyone have a downloadable video of Bono's on MTV? :wink:

hcbiggs, I don't think there's a video download around, the whole thing lasted about 3 hours, but maybe it's on You Tube, I haven't checked today and the only thing I was able to find yesterday was the Shakira performance. But you can watch the highlights on Think MTV, I posted the link earlier in this thread. Maybe someone can make a downloadable file out of the Bono one. I'd also LOVE to see the Bono/Edge dance, I loved the footage of them in the audience. :heart:

BonoFox1 said:

So who's the (other!) cutie to the right of Shakira, just for the record like?! :shifty:

And thanks LU, I did try the link you posted but it just kept on 'buffering'! So hopefully a downloadable link of Bono's appearance will show up eventually!! :shrug:

Last edited:
biff said:

Oh no, really, thank you!

Really? That's just super! We'd all love to hear about your "extraordinary" week.

Although you might need to note that there were others who had a pretty spectacular week as well, maybe even better than you!
(Although that's hard to imagine, given your closeness to Bono and all.)

Anyway, can't wait to hear your story! I'm sure it's just a lesson to all of us about being loving and patient and keeping the needs of others uppermost in our minds.

Right, Jamila?

:yes: :bonodrum: :dancing: :rockon: :pray:

I love your positivity and your thoughtfulness, biff.

Being the starter of this thread and being away for a week on my own personal extraordinary journey, I thought that I would come back in to thank everyONE for keeping this thread alive.

I didn't see anything wrong with that. :shrug:

If a MODERATOR can see anything wrong with my post - please contact me. Otherwise - let's stay on topic.

Have a beautiful day. Please don't let it get away! (I don't)

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

last unicorn said:
Teta, I appreciate your thoughts, but sometimes I just feel it's getting too much, and I'm really annoyed about the ongoing discussion of Bono's appearance, weight etc.

bonocomet said:
Yeah, there are plenty of places to go and get intellectual, but I come here as an escape after a very stressful workday to just relax. :drool:

gluey said:
coming to Pleba is like having my glass of wine at night.....:shifty:

hcbiggs2002 said:

Even if they had the misfortune to read any comments/advice about their appearance/behaviour/mannerisms etc. they'd probably fall out of their chairs laughing

:yes: I totally agree with you. Let's remember they are a (big) rock band. Let's look on them for it here.
Let's appreciate them for not being drifted like artists usually are and perhaps let's get in with their humanitarian engaged.
I'm proud to be an U2 fan.
But: I'm only a fan.
They are my legend.
That's all.
Don't we take it for real, not here.

Thanks onekea!!!!

hcbiggs, don't worry, I couldn't see the webcast either. Not because I missed it but because MTV wouldn't let me watch (just listen). :mad:

I hope more videos will appear soon.

Jamila said:

I love your positivity and your thoughtfulness, biff.

Being the starter of this thread and being away for a week on my own personal extraordinary journey, I thought that I would come back in to thank everyONE for keeping this thread alive.

I didn't see anything wrong with that. :shrug:

If a MODERATOR can see anything wrong with my post - please contact me. Otherwise - let's stay on topic.

Have a beautiful day. Please don't let it get away! (I don't)

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

You know, I don´t mean to come off as an aggressive person but it´s just that most of the time you create unnecessary suspense and to be honest, you never really tell us what your "experiences/encounters" were like, and therefore they sound like total bs.

If you really had such a "wonderful weekend", why don´t you share it with us? I don´t see the point in posting such messages if you don´t have facts to back them up.

Back
Top Bottom