Bono on GMA 2/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
............GR............missed it

*waits for someone to put it up on Youtube

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Bono is really joining Bush in Africa or was that just a rumor, because in the video he says: IF I was going to Africa with him, while some other reports were saying he'll join him these days.

I kinda think that that must just be a rumour. According to Lanois, the band are supposed to be in the studio starting Monday, so I kinda doubt Bono's gonna be traipsing around Africa with Bush.

last unicorn said:
Does anyone know if Bono is really joining Bush in Africa or was that just a rumor, because in the video he says: IF I was going to Africa with him, while some other reports were saying he'll join him these days.

I read they were supposed to be in studio next week. besides, aren't they supposed to be at the dublin's premiere on 20th? :hmm:

Yeah, I assume it's just been a rumour ... and I'm very happy and excited about Bono and the boys going back to the studio and being at the Dublin film premiere.

last unicorn said:
Yeah, I assume it's just been a rumour ... and I'm very happy and excited about Bono and the boys going back to the studio and being at the Dublin film premiere.

In this interview she asks Bono "If you had been on this trip to Africa with Bush, what would you have told him."

So its definitely definite he isn't going. :wink:

Thank you for the links everyone!

last unicorn said:

No, Bono's not going. Just Bob Geldof is joinig Bush on the trip.

Bono left a statement on the One.org Blog

“President Bush has every reason to be proud of what he and so many others have accomplished in Africa. From AIDS treatment once thought impossible, to millions of bednets to keep kids from dying of a mosquito bite, to new African jobs created with trade policy, to billions in old debts erased. And back in Washington, a political shift has taken place with Democrats and Republicans working shoulder to shoulder to partner with the people of Africa as they work to lift their continent out of poverty, putting 29 million children in school in the last five years, with the help of debt cancellation. These are accomplishments the next President must build on. It’s true that American generosity is on the rise, but it’s also true that despite recent set backs in Kenya, there’s a new Africa to match it. I hope that the next President, whoever that is, will get to experience first hand this beautiful and entrepreneurial continent that is rising to all of the challenges being sent its way.

I do regret that the current President and First Lady can’t escape the constant nagging of Irish rock stars, whether at home or abroad… He’s apparently picked one up on this trip too.”

http://www.one.org/blog/category/bush-africa-trip/

Thanks for the links people :D I watched the interview its great :D That be good if the boys are going back to the studio to record on monday :D

Thanks Light for posting the Article and link :D Bono Is so Amazing What hes done hes soo special To the world. :D

Pitty there's not more people like him in this world.

I adore Bono .

light said:
I do regret that the current President and First Lady can’t escape the constant nagging of Irish rock stars, whether at home or abroad… He’s apparently picked one up on this trip too.”

http://www.one.org/blog/category/bush-africa-trip/

:lol:

Thanks for the info! I would have been seriously surprised if Bono AND Bob had gone to Africa. I guess one of them is enough. Good to hear Bono is going back to his day job.

Back
Top Bottom