Bono on Edge's singing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babydoll

Blue Crack Addict
I read in the Rolling Stone that Bono said that the Edge sounds like a bunch of beautiful black women. Lol... and on the Slane Castle dvd, he sings the last lines in a beautiful falsetto and I wonder why he doesn't sing as much! Does he really sing the beginning to Walk On?? Did he sing during this tour at all?

I know he sings several lines in Miracle Drug. And if you really listen to those lines, you can tell it's Edge. These are the lines:

Beneath the noise
Below the din
I hear your voice
It's whispering
In science and in medicine
"I was a stranger
You took me in"

And, of course, Van Dieman's Land was amazing. He really does have a beautiful voice and should sing more often.

Edge does have a lovely voice...I loved it on Popmart when he used to sing "Sunday Bloody Sunday".

Ditto. Edge's voice is beautiful. I love the end of "In A Little While" from the Boston DVD when Edge sings the last lines "Slowly loooove" :combust: :wink: He has a really beautiful voice :yes:

^ Totally agree with all of you...cept he made me "cringe" when he sang the... wah, wah, wanderer, part in the Johnny Cash tribute...

I cant help laughing and cringing all at once when I hear that part.:crazy: :yikes:

I wonder who thought it was a great idea to do that??:hmm:

if you listen very closely, you can sort out that the first verse of 'seconds'(war) is sung by edge... I read it somewhere, and had to listen to it again... but it's indeed edge!

BonoFox1 said:
^ Totally agree with all of you...cept he made me "cringe" when he sang the... wah, wah, wanderer, part in the Johnny Cash tribute...

I cant help laughing and cringing all at once when I hear that part.:crazy: :yikes:

I wonder who thought it was a great idea to do that??:hmm:

I think it sounds great!

seconds :drool:

edge's vocals are beautiful

when i listen to Miracle Drug, I always get chills at the part where Edge sings :drool: :love:

not only is Edge U2's secret weapon, but I bet Bono gets worried that Edge will steal the spotlight :wink:

youtooellen said:
seconds :drool:

edge's vocals are beautiful

when i listen to Miracle Drug, I always get chills at the part where Edge sings :drool: :love:

not only is Edge U2's secret weapon, but I bet Bono gets worried that Edge will steal the spotlight :wink:

I get chills there too!!! it's my fave song of the album, and first I didn't notice it was edge there.. but then I was thinking it sounded different than the rest... then came the chicago dvd and I saw it was edge :) and larry doing the woooh yeahhhh oooohoooohh thingy looks funny! he really looks mad :lol: when he does...

:lol: yeah, Larry puts those faces!! He is a funny guy. And the Edge MD part is just awesome!! I love it :heart:

is Larry, BTW, also singing on Numb?
It was said on the radio that he did the lead vocal on that, but I alway thought it was The Edge doing that song, does anybody know if Larry sings this song?

it's noted in the booklet that larry does backing vocals with Bono on numb, but I can't hear larry there... :S btw it's edge singing the main vocal there!
I know Adam has the last lines in You Blue Room on passengers(Zooming in, zooming out, nothing I can't do without...... )
but larry, I haven't heard him singing yet...

ikook said:
live he does: "release release release" with Bono on Love & Peace
:wink:

well, same with the miracle drug backing vocals, I wouldn't exactly call it singing.... larry is more shouting int he mic... :) oh and let's not forget he backs elevations aswell!!! with edge and bono, but still!

On Numb, Larry sings the 'I feel numb' line throughout, while Edge does the sexy talking and Bono the falsetto. If you listen to the Best Of remix with headphones (cause it's clearer) I swear you can also hear Adam do an echoing 'I feel numb' as well... It's definitely a posh voice like his alright! ;)

Edge sings on 'Seconds', so does Bono and they sing together on the last verse.

Edge also does a beautiful vocal on 'Corpse' on the Passengers album, which is a weirdly amazing song!

On Numb, Larry sings the 'I feel numb' line throughout, while Edge does the sexy talking and Bono the falsetto. If you listen to the Best Of remix with headphones (cause it's clearer) I swear you can also hear Adam do an echoing 'I feel numb' as well... It's definitely a posh voice like his alright!

Thanks for clearing that one up for me:)
I have to go and listen to it now.......:wink:

Oooh I never knew any of this. I am going to get the iPod and have another closer listen too! Thanks! This is just another reason WHY I love Interference so much!!

Edge has the sweetest falsetto I've ever heard. When I first heard a live recording of City of Blinding Lights I could really hear the harmony he sings. Man oh man, I literally sat there with my mouth wide open in aw. :ohmy:

Listening to Seconds at the moment. Yes, first verse definately Edge. The second one is Bono... Yes last verse there are two voices. Thank you for clearing that up.

Oh, and I've heard Larry sing! My step dad found this Gold Unplugged U2 thing. And it must be after Pop at least because they have songs from Pop in there, but no later songs. And anyway, Larry sings a couple of Irish songs, Irish Rover or clover, I forget which it is. He's got one of them voices that you hear doing in a pub, singing Irish songs. Proper Irish voice for a proper Irish lad. Sort of rough. Good though.

SimplyConfused said:
Listening to Seconds at the moment. Yes, first verse definately Edge. The second one is Bono... Yes last verse there are two voices. Thank you for clearing that up.

You should watch Under a Blood Red Sky or try to get your hands on a bootleg concert from 1983. Edge sings his parts in concert :drool:

arw9797 said:

You should watch Under a Blood Red Sky or try to get your hands on a bootleg concert from 1983. Edge sings his parts in concert :drool:

Must get my hands on this :drool:

Edge has a very beautiful voice and my god that man has quite a range!! :heart:

Edge sings in almost every u2 song. He is the ultimate right hand man.

As far as Bono fearing Edge will steal the spotlight....after 25+ years together...I don't think so.

Back
Top Bottom