Bono on Edge's singing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Edge does have a beautiful voice. After hearing Van Dieman's Land, I was floored! Man has pipes.

yeah I heard many stories of larry singing pub songs ^^

also, wouldn't it be a great idea if Bono and Edge sang a duet? They'd do the verses, and larry and adam background vocals....

I personally find Edge's falsettos a little :cringe:. I could crawl right out of my skin if I listened to it too long. It's not a bad falsetto (actually dmaned good) but the tone is too high. I have the same problem with most high sopranos, so..:p

Heh. Larry. Singing. Hee. Hee.

i LOVE edge's voice. <3<3

i want to be able to hear larry sing a bit more....because everytime Bono tells him to sing during Elevation during hte Vertigo Tour, bono continues to sing on top of it, so i can't really make out larry's voice, lol.

here is a savefile project i found of Edge's karaoke songs during hte popmart tour<3
enjoy =)
http://savefile.com/projects.php?pid=731064

tuwie said:

i want to be able to hear larry sing a bit more....because everytime Bono tells him to sing during Elevation during hte Vertigo Tour, bono continues to sing on top of it, so i can't really make out larry's voice, lol.

here is a savefile project i found of Edge's karaoke songs during hte popmart tour<3
enjoy =)

wow thank you!!! awesome thing! ( I do have daydream believer here, but it's in sucky quality.. you can find it yourself at poplemon.com tho.. go to audio.. has several tours, the ZooTv is REALLY good quality!!!)

BonoFox1 said:
^ Totally agree with all of you...cept he made me "cringe" when he sang the... wah, wah, wanderer, part in the Johnny Cash tribute...

I cant help laughing and cringing all at once when I hear that part.:crazy: :yikes:

I wonder who thought it was a great idea to do that??:hmm:

Are you saying that sarcastically?????

I loved it, it was a great idea, and it fits the song perfectly!

macphisto23 said:

Are you saying that sarcastically?????

I loved it, it was a great idea, and it fits the song perfectly!

My 2 cents here: :drool: :heart: :edge:

In other words :), I loved it too. I knew he could hit the high notes, but that completely blew me away. Edge's part was, to me, really reminiscent of Del Shannon's "Runaway."

Although I wouldn't say I "cringed," I wasn't terribly taken with the new version of "The Wanderer" upon first listening. Totally impressed with Edge's vocal abilities, regardless.

Then, last week I played Zooropa in the car, and listened to the original version. I was surprised to find myself actually missing Edge's new falsetto part. Guess it grew on me.

:edge: :up:

ikook said:
is Larry, BTW, also singing on Numb?
It was said on the radio that he did the lead vocal on that, but I alway thought it was The Edge doing that song, does anybody know if Larry sings this song?

Edge sings lead, Larry sings the lower backup, Bono does the falsetto. Larry definitely has sung lead live on some drinking songs, he's got a decent voice!

Edge has a great voice but I don't think he's got that showman personality of Bono's to steal his job away. However - I'd definitely go see Edge if ever he did a solo tour. He could do some U2 songs (like that gorgeous version of SBS that he used to sing) and throw some acoustic and solo work in (imagine watching him play Bass Trap or Rowena's Theme) and he probably has a ton of unreleased ideas too... :drool:

tuwie said:

enjoy =)

I really have to thank greatly for this. The first I listened to was SBS, and I don't really know why, but I'm blushing... :combust:
(I finally found a place worthy of this smilie...)

VicksSs said:
Ditto. Edge's voice is beautiful. I love the end of "In A Little While" from the Boston DVD when Edge sings the last lines "Slowly loooove" :combust: :wink: He has a really beautiful voice :yes:

:combust: DITTO! when I saw that the first time, I actually started crying and then doing this :bow: at the tv. :laugh:

Axtung Beibi Sessions:
Disc 2, Track 12 (6:32)
Take Today

"This version has Bono singing, and Edge doing backup. This ballad sounds quite "family" like in comparison to the sobering nature of it's final form as North And South Of The River."

Altough, it says Bono is singing I'm really convinced that it's Edge.
What do you guys think?
It's clearly Edge at the beginning, but maybe Bono comes in later and Edge goes back to backup?

tuwie said:
hah you're welcome! there are a couple of songs in that project..which one are you talking about? ;]
after Running to stand still, lovetown tour 1990 in Amsterdam, Bono sang the same song :D I got that tour as a gift from a guy on another site.. very cool show, the audience was very very loud! :D

In the Red Rocks show when Edge sings "goodbye", does anyone else think the roughness in his voice is just the epitome of sexy? Everytime I listen to it...:combust: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom