Bono on E! program, Celebrities Uncensored 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Indeed it is ^^^^. I want a marriage that strong and that special someday. :).

Sue DeNym said:
Bono sometimes reminds me of a big puppy; very friendly, huggable, kisses everyone. :cute:

Yep.

He makes every person that he comes in contact with feel important and special and makes them feel like he really, truly cares about them and what they have to say.

And I think that's really, really cool.

Originally posted by Sue DeNym
And some people can't tell the difference between that kind of friendly affection and actual lust and castigate him for it. Sad, but true.

Yep.

He's not going to cheat on Ali. He's got a good thing with her, she's his soulmate, his sanity check, and he's not stupid. That, and she'd neuter him if he ever had an affair. :macdevil:

LOL, yep, true on everything you said here. :).

As far as his looking for acceptance, I can understand that. That does make sense

It does.

And it's kinda sad, in a way...when you hear about him saying that there's times he's never really felt loved and everything...poor guy. I just want to give him a hug or something.

Thankfully, there's plenty of people out there who care about him and love him. His wife being one of them. :D.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

And it's kinda sad, in a way...when you hear about him saying that there's times he's never really felt loved and everything...poor guy. I just want to give him a hug or something.

I was going to type this before my keyboard went bonkers. :crazy: Artists tend to be very sensitive and very perfectionistic, and Bono is no exception. It's possible to have a wonderful spouse and children, caring friends and family members, to know you are loved, and yet to feel isolated and lonely.

KristenF said:
To Bonofied U. Your comments regarding Bono's faith and fidelity were very well put. Thanks for backing me up.:hug:

Thanks, Kristin! You're very welcome. I just can't stand when the press has to pick him appart and be suspicious of him all the time. :madspit: I mean it is possible for someone to be that nice and caring. :scream: (Not yelling at you, I'm venting at them) ... And thank you for the hug, I needed that! :hug:

Sue said:
Bono sometimes reminds me of a big puppy; very friendly, huggable, kisses everyone. And some people can't tell the difference between that kind of friendly affection and actual lust and castigate him for it. Sad, but true.

He's not going to cheat on Ali. He's got a good thing with her, she's his soulmate, his sanity check, and he's not stupid. That, and she'd neuter him if he ever had an affair.

As far as his looking for acceptance, I can understand that. That does make sense

I couldn't agree with you more, Sue. Great description and fits him to a "T" I think. It amazes me with as much trials and tribulations he had growing up, that he could still want to give love and not be bitter. Wow. It's all about wanting to be accepted I think. Yeah exactly, unfortunately lots of people as you said can't distinguish the two because I feel they don't look deep enough under the surface to do so. Bono is not someone you can just look at and say "OK this is what he's like." It's not that easy, he's a complex man heheh. :heart:

I also agree about him not cheating on, Ali. She's perfect for him and I don't notice any signs of them being unhappy w/ each other. Just close. She's a no nonsense woman that's for sure, and you'd hear more about spats if he was being naughty.

Thanks for understanding my post.

Please you all keep in touch! I love to get e-mail and especially from you guys, who I will miss if I take a break from the forum for awhile.

:hug:

Sue DeNym said:

I was going to type this before my keyboard went bonkers. :crazy: Artists tend to be very sensitive and very perfectionistic, and Bono is no exception. It's possible to have a wonderful spouse and children, caring friends and family members, to know you are loved, and yet to feel isolated and lonely.

I agree. :yes:

Moonlit_Angel said:
He makes every person that he comes in contact with feel important and special and makes them feel like he really, truly cares about them and what they have to say.

Yep, one of the many traits I love most about him. Hey if he picked up bumble bees by the stingers (!) when he was little, I think that was a sign of what was to come w/ him LOL.

Thankfully, there's plenty of people out there who care about him and love him. His wife being one of them. :D.
[/B]

That's very true. Bono strikes me as one of those people that he needs to be reminded of how much he is loved. That he loses confidence in himself easy, altho that's covered up by his "I'm ok" attitude, because he's too busy thinking about others, IMO.

Btw, I'm still planning to take my hiatus away from the forum for a lil bit, but I'm checking on this thread for awhile. I hope that makes sense LOL. Don't want to leave anybody hanging and thinking I'm being rude if I chose to go ahead and not reply.

Last edited:
Bonofied U said:
Yep, one of the many traits I love most about him. Hey if he picked up bumble bees by the stingers (!) when he was little, I think that was a sign of what was to come w/ him LOL.

LOL, exactly (I think that's so cute that his charm worked even on bees!).

Originally posted by Bonofied U
That's very true. Bono strikes me as one of those people that he needs to be reminded of how much he is loved. That he loses confidence in himself easy, altho that's covered up by his "I'm ok" attitude, because he's too busy thinking about others, IMO.

Yep.

Originally posted by Bonofied U
Btw, I'm still planning to take my hiatus away from the forum for a lil bit, but I'm checking on this thread for awhile. I hope that makes sense LOL. Don't want to leave anybody hanging and thinking I'm being rude if I chose to go ahead and not reply.

I understand. That's okay. :).

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

LOL, exactly (I think that's so cute that his charm worked even on bees!).

Yeah, I do too! It's so adoreable! Kinda lets you know what kind of person he is even then. Takes someone special to do that sort of thing. :heart:

I understand. That's okay. :).

Thanks! Can't wait to hear from all of you. :)

Back
Top Bottom