bono on CSPAN tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what the.....? wow :faint: :crazy:

I haven't seen him speak in a very long time, at least about something not related to a record or tour. That was great. I forgot how funny he is. I loved that story about the lemon. :happy:

Anyway, I recorded this with my TV card and I have an .mpg of it. I hope to be able to post it somewhere shortly. :scratch:

Argh!

Okay, so my family wound up coming home from Kansas on Saturday due to various reasons. Could've wound up seeing this, except that I totally forgot about it, for one thing, and for another, everyone else was on the computer all afternoon, so even if I had remembered it, I wouldn't have gotten to see this thread and know what time the thing was.

So even though I was home, I missed it anyway. :(. Poo.

Angela

drealynn42 said:
For example, someone must have taped the CSPAN broadcast of Bono's Harvard speech. My cable decided to go on the fritz that day, but someone else must have been sitting by the vcr too. .
OK, here's the Harvard speech. It is WMP though, sorry.

http://neutral.ws/etc/U2-Bono-GraduationSpeechHarvard2002.wmv

er....why is it streaming? :scratch: right click the link/save as if you want to actually save the file I guess :drunk:

Last edited:
neutral said:
Argh.... Do most of the girls here have broadband or not? I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this, it's a 590 meg file. :|

Could you share this on U2BloodRedSKyHub, if possible? You don't need a fast connection, though it helps. I am trying to collect every Bono mpg file I possibly can, possibly for a Bono dvd project...If you do get on the hub, please look me up. :)

Axver said:
That's great! It would be amazing if you could do a DVD such as this, and I bet some people here have sources for a lot of stuff. How would you plan on getting this DVD out if you do make it? There's been some great stuff bit torrented lately. In any case, I'll be looking forward to seeing how this all progresses.

I forgot I was talking about the dvd on this thread already...I plan to share it on BloodRedSkyHub, since my computer doesn't seem to like running the torrent program for more than a day or so. I could probably share it for a couple of days, get it out there and then share it on the hub. Of course, I've got to make the darn thing first...I just got back from vacation last night so I still have to look into the equipment. I'll post a new thread in PLEBA when I figure out what I'm going to do.

drealynn42 said:
I forgot I was talking about the dvd on this thread already...I plan to share it on BloodRedSkyHub, since my computer doesn't seem to like running the torrent program for more than a day or so. I could probably share it for a couple of days, get it out there and then share it on the hub. Of course, I've got to make the darn thing first...I just got back from vacation last night so I still have to look into the equipment. I'll post a new thread in PLEBA when I figure out what I'm going to do.

I've never used the U2BRSHub myself - I'm always on bit torrents! I used to have problems with clients until I downloaded Bit Tornado, which is simply fantastic for me. I hope you have some good luck when it comes to looking into the equipment. A high quality DVD of Bono's speeches would be just amazing - those of you who go to SharingTheGroove probably saw the Around The Elevation Tour DVD of U2's TV performances (i.e. Saturday Night Live, Grammy's, et cetera), and that was fantastic, so I'm just imagining a similar DVD of Bono's speeches right now! It's a very nice thought, that's for sure. Whether you'd want to do that or something different, I don't know; I'm just dreaming out loud here (and that was an accidental U2 pun, I swear!).

Axver said:

I've never used the U2BRSHub myself - I'm always on bit torrents! I used to have problems with clients until I downloaded Bit Tornado, which is simply fantastic for me. I hope you have some good luck when it comes to looking into the equipment. A high quality DVD of Bono's speeches would be just amazing - those of you who go to SharingTheGroove probably saw the Around The Elevation Tour DVD of U2's TV performances (i.e. Saturday Night Live, Grammy's, et cetera), and that was fantastic, so I'm just imagining a similar DVD of Bono's speeches right now! It's a very nice thought, that's for sure. Whether you'd want to do that or something different, I don't know; I'm just dreaming out loud here (and that was an accidental U2 pun, I swear!).

Do you think STG would let you BT a DVD without music? I'm curious about that.

Axver said:

A high quality DVD of Bono's speeches would be just amazing - those of you who go to SharingTheGroove probably saw the Around The Elevation Tour DVD of U2's TV performances (i.e. Saturday Night Live, Grammy's, et cetera), and that was fantastic, so I'm just imagining a similar DVD of Bono's speeches right now!

Yeah I just got that Around the Elevation Tour thing, I can't wait to watch it. And one of speeches would be awesome. :drool:

drealynn42 said:

Could you share this on U2BloodRedSKyHub, if possible? You don't need a fast connection, though it helps. I am trying to collect every Bono mpg file I possibly can, possibly for a Bono dvd project...If you do get on the hub, please look me up. :)

OK, I just added it to my share. I stay on pretty much all the time, same name I have here.

Just a note though, there's something weird about the program that made the file and it will only play in DVD player software like WinDVD, not WMP or anything. (I'm sure you have software though ;) )

ramblin rose said:

I was thinking about that too. I love STG! Maybe if we include some of his solo work (Pavarotti and Friends, etc) they would allow it? I'll have to look into it.

And thanks for the mention of that Elevation tour dvd from STG. I leave town for a week, and I miss all the good stuff!

ramblin rose said:

Yeah, I'm not sure about that. U2's interview with KROQ radio was torrented just fine not so long ago, but they did play a few live songs there. I'm not totally sure what STG's policy would be on something like this. Well, if it can't be torrented there, I guess it could be spread through the hubs and via the old fashioned method.

Originally posted by neutral
Yeah I just got that Around the Elevation Tour thing, I can't wait to watch it. And one of speeches would be awesome. :drool:

It's a great DVD for the most part, I particularly enjoy the performance of Beautiful Day from the Amigo Awards, and the British introduction on one of the final clips, "please go both loopy and bonkers for the biggest band in the world, U2!"

Axver said:

I'm not totally sure what STG's policy would be on something like this. Well, if it can't be torrented there, I guess it could be spread through the hubs and via the old fashioned method.

Or we could upload the torrent to SuprNova.org and use one of their trackers, if STG doesn't want it. I'm doing that for Entropy I think. :shifty:

Either way, there are plenty of options. ;)

neutral said:

Or we could upload the torrent to SuprNova.org and use one of their trackers, if STG doesn't want it. I'm doing that for Entropy I think. :shifty:

Either way, there are plenty of options. ;)

Ah yes, this is true! I forgot all about SuprNova. There's definitely options, which is rather good. In any case, I'm definitely willing to spread copies around Australia and NZ to anyone who wants them.

Back
Top Bottom