Bono on CNN this morning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreamOutLoud13

Blue Crack Addict
There's supposed to be a live interview with Bono on American Morning on CNN this morning. The program (four hours long), has already been on over an hour, but they haven't gotten to it yet. They keep showing clips of him in Africa in 2002 and last month too, and saying "Coming up", but haven't said when. Then again, they've been showing a lot of clips for upcoming stories on the program that they haven't gotten to yet, so no telling when they'll actually get to Bono.
The subject of the interview is supposed to be looking back on Live 8 and the G8 summit, one year later. I can't believe it's been a year already...
Also, the anchor that's supposed to interview him just almost pronounced his name wrong when she mentioned him, so hopefully she won't do that when she's talking to him!

I'll update this thread when I know something else. Hopefully CNN will end up putting the interview on their website once it's all over and done with.

Oooooh, they just interviewed Barack Obama (he's a senator... a senator with his own fangirls). I love him :love: And I swear, he was channeling Bono. He was talking about how faith should have a place in the democratic party, and then he mentioned "discussing poverty in religious terms", and that's what Bono does! (Forgive me, I'm hyper this morning).

Also, they just showed another "coming up" clip of Bono. This is gonna be a via satellite interview (I figured as much), and they showed him sitting prepared for his interview. He looks good, and he's got the red Armani sunglasses on :D

EDIT: Oooh! Bono's on now!

Hey Dream, I saw Barack too!!!! Did they even mention that he was in DC right now for the big Sojo conference??? I don't think I heard it.

But yeah, if you wanna hear more about that, there's a HUGE "religious-left" movement going on, and this week was the Sojourner's conference about poverty & politics. You can check out their site at http://www.sojo.net/
I wanted to go, but work piled up this week.

Okay, that was short, but informative. Nothing really new that we haven't heard before. Bono stressed that aid to Africa wouldn't be sucked into corrupted governments, which was good, that needs to be stressed as much as possible, too many people can't seem to grasp that fact.
He also mentioned that the kids in Africa follow him around because they think he's American, and they associate America with the help they're supposed to get, and that he'd hate to have to tell them they won't be getting any help because America cut the budget.

On a more superficial note, Bono looked good. The interview was from Monaco, and he's looking rested. Those were definitely RED glasses he was wearing. He's had a recent haircut, and a shave perhaps. I can't be certain, but there was certainly a lot less scruff than usual. And I'm not complaining, oddly enough.
And he was leaning to the right... which he was doing when he was interviewed via satellite on Meet the Press last summer. I dunno, I just find it odd, and I kinda wanna prop a book under him or something.

redhotswami said:
Hey Dream, I saw Barack too!!!! Did they even mention that he was in DC right now for the big Sojo conference??? I don't think I heard it.
They mentioned he was in DC, but I don't think they said why.

Awwww he looked great! Very Pop! What a smart man. CNN was driving me nuts with all that "Coming up " and then it didn't come up.... but it was worth the wait. Yay! Off for a couple hours of sleep now... :rolleyes: Hope we get some pics here soon!

bonocomet said:
Awwww he looked great! Very Pop!
YES! And I feel like an idiot, because I was too busy being hyper and staring at him to pay enough attention to what he was saying. I had to force myself to stop staring at the pretty and listen.
And yea, I really need some sleep too. The things I do for that man :tsk:

bonocomet said:
ACNN was driving me nuts with all that "Coming up " and then it didn't come up.

Yes! This morning I remembered why I stopped watching the news on TV.

Dream, do you recall at all the bit he said about education? I don't remember specifically, but I get this feeling he could only scratch the surface of that issue in particular due to time constraints.

Well I know he said that more kids are in school in Africa now than were a few years ago, and that's thanks to foreign aid. He mentioned that in the school he visited in Ethiopia, children were learning about democracy, while elsewhere in the country, children were learning to hate Americans/Europeans.

I'm going to go try to get off of this Bono high and get some rest, but I imagine CNN will probably have the clip up on their website by this evening maybe. It is Bono after all.

anybody know when this'll be repeated??? I can see CNN here too!!! :hyper:
and please tell me how many hours/mins left, since I"m no good at timezones :wink:

They just said they will show a little of it in a few minutes... but I don't know about the whole thing being repeated.... too bad you just missed it?? :( It was just on!

Of course.... if they do the same as they did before..... they won't show this for another hour... :rolleyes:

bonocomet said:
I hope you are watching right now Gg! They just showed some... more in 1 hour I think.

WHAT? This is an ongoing thing, and me stuck at work now with no VCR? :mad:

//headdesk//

missed it again..

I'll try to get the video of the site.. but it's javascript, so I'm afraid it won't work!

My, does the man look good. In black. And with the "new" hair.
The sequences they showed about him in Africa were very cute, esp. the one where he was trying so hard to take the little boy's hand and the child didn't want to and when Bono simply took his hand, did the kid look unhappy or what ...
Impossible to even imagine someone NOT wanting to hold Bono's hand ...

last unicorn said:
My, does the man look good. In black. And with the "new" hair.
The sequences they showed about him in Africa were very cute, esp. the one where he was trying so hard to take the little boy's hand and the child didn't want to and when Bono simply took his hand, did the kid look unhappy or what ...
Impossible to even imagine someone NOT wanting to hold Bono's hand ...

:lol: I noticed that too!
But I dunno who to pity now, the kid for having to hold Bono's hand, or Bono for having to actually try to get somebody's hand to hold...

Last edited:
sorry for the triple post, it'll be on CNN quite soon.. it's listed third in the what's on tv thingy...
you can see it on cnn.com what prog airs..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom