Bono on American Idol 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
waynetravis said:

Nice..:drool:
How do you know this?

I knew that someone would ask that question.:wink:

First, there were the reports here that sighted Bono at the airport in Kenya two weeks ago and others that said that Edge's family was with Bono & family there too enjoying the beaches of Kenya.

And then there was the segments on "AI" from Tanzania.

Since these two countries are side by side, it makes sense that Bono would have visited them approximately the same time.

There was also an article in one of the Kenyan newspapers that I saw on the web a week or so ago that briefly talked about Bono's visit to Kenya.

This is all that I saved from the article. I don't have the original article because I never thought that I would have to reference it.

Here it is:

"Mr Briatore revealed that world celebrity U2 singer Mr Bono had left Malindi on Tuesday after a 10-day holiday with his family at Lion in the Sun, saying that was a clear indication that Kenya was a safe destination for tourists to visit.

“The fact that I am here with my girl friend and a friend, and the fact that my friend Mr Bono who is a world celebrity was also here shows that we have confidence in this country. The country is quite safe especially the Coast region,” he said."

I hope that answers your question, waynetravis, because that's all that I can say. :up:

u2jesusgirl said:

I'm in mourning BF1.....even tho I am a Cookie fan. Michael was hot!

Now it won't be David, Cookie and MJ as the final 3. (what I had hoped for) MJ got the Daughtry....so unfair!!!

He did get the Daughtry, but look at how well it turned out for him!

JCOSTER said:

He did get the Daughtry, but look at how well it turned out for him!

Very true JC. This might actually be a good thing for him, because if you win AI, you're tied into a contract with them, singing music they choose and approve. I think MJ will do better being able to do the music he wants, just like daughtry. hopefully he'll come up with good songs, or someone writing good music for him. Even better if he forms a band.

I'm sad to see him go too, MJ and David Cook were the main reason i watched the show. But I look forward to hearing from him in the future.

thankyou everybody for posting photos and links about Bono on AI. It's just beautiful to see this man at work. :heart: :heart:

sue4u2 said:

I was telling someone about it at work today, and started to choke up, again.
Someone else ask me about the ONE band I was wearing and was it the from the ONE campaign.
Yes! I ask her if she wanted it, then gave it too her.
I have one more so I'm ordering more in case other's ask about it. It goes to a good cause. :yes:
I've given away 19 bracelets so far.

Very cool! Way to go Sue! :)
I have a stash too that I hand out! :):applaud: :hi5:

Jamila said:

I knew that someone would ask that question.:wink:

First, there were the reports here that sighted Bono at the airport in Kenya two weeks ago and others that said that Edge's family was with Bono & family there too enjoying the beaches of Kenya.

And then there was the segments on "AI" from Tanzania.

Since these two countries are side by side, it makes sense that Bono would have visited them approximately the same time.

There was also an article in one of the Kenyan newspapers that I saw on the web a week or so ago that briefly talked about Bono's visit to Kenya.

This is all that I saved from the article. I don't have the original article because I never thought that I would have to reference it.

Here it is:

"Mr Briatore revealed that world celebrity U2 singer Mr Bono had left Malindi on Tuesday after a 10-day holiday with his family at Lion in the Sun, saying that was a clear indication that Kenya was a safe destination for tourists to visit.

“The fact that I am here with my girl friend and a friend, and the fact that my friend Mr Bono who is a world celebrity was also here shows that we have confidence in this country. The country is quite safe especially the Coast region,” he said."

I hope that answers your question, waynetravis, because that's all that I can say. :up:

Jamla, can you share the website link to the newspaper at least. I would love to check out any news from Kenya, as that is where I sponsor a child. She lives in Uran Lataka. Thanks in advance. JG

thankyou said:

Very true JC. This might actually be a good thing for him, because if you win AI, you're tied into a contract with them, singing music they choose and approve. I think MJ will do better being able to do the music he wants, just like daughtry. hopefully he'll come up with good songs, or someone writing good music for him. Even better if he forms a band.

I'm sad to see him go too, MJ and David Cook were the main reason i watched the show. But I look forward to hearing from him in the future.

thankyou everybody for posting photos and links about Bono on AI. It's just beautiful to see this man at work.

:heart: :heart:

Yep, look what it did for Daughtry...MJ will probably end up a bigger star with no AI strings attached. I was interested in what Randy was telling him at the end. Wonder if he will help him, as he knows he is so talented. I'll miss him. He was so sexy :) :drool:

Regina O'Numb said:

Oh wow Regina :wave:, thanks for posting the link for the article and the online newspaper! Awesome. I'm gonna go read some of the news on it now. Thanks again!! :hug:

I wonder why most do not know that they resolved the election conflict and the fighting there. I knew for awhile now from the UN Wire. Kofi went down and helped.

u2jesusgirl said:

Oh wow Regina :wave:, thanks for posting the link for the article and the online newspaper! Awesome. I'm gonna go read some of the news on it now. Thanks again!! :hug:

I wonder why most do not know that they resolved the election conflict and the fighting there. I knew for awhile now from the UN Wire. Kofi went down and helped.

Bravo to my dearest friend, Regina, for coming into this thread and providing the link to the website while I was at work all day.

(((Regina)))

This is going to be OT and I don't want to dwell on it in this thread but JG the situation in Kenya has flared up again this week in the Kibera district of Nairoibi

so unfortunately there is still a lot of unresolved issues and tensions in Kenya.

The situation there is definitely not settled.:(

But....BACK TO BONO!! :drool:

Jamila said:

Bravo to my dearest friend, Regina, for coming into this thread and providing the link to the website while I was at work all day.

(((Regina)))

This is going to be OT and I don't want to dwell on it in this thread but JG the situation in Kenya has flared up again this week in the Kibera district of Nairoibi

so unfortunately there is still a lot of unresolved issues and tensions in Kenya.

I'll go read up on it. So it is flaring up again in Kibera. So sad...Thanks for the heads up.

yep, back to BONO and American Idol!!!

Jamila said:

(((Regina)))

Hi Jamila, well, I invaded your added article, but it was in a good case. I tryied a PM (U2.com), but I didn't get it there. Ayway, thank you so much to bring us great news about Bono's way. Big hugs Jamila.:hug:

u2jesusgirl said:

hi u2jesusgirl, it's just an inspiration to be a part of any post of Bono. :hug:

Hi all: So -- at the end of Idol Gives Back on Wed -- Ryan Seacrest said that Bono would be back (of course, not really 'back' -- but back on tape) on Thur to talk about the ONE Campaign and RED. Did anyone catch this piece? My tape cut off....

Thanks!! spanisheyes68

spanisheyes68 said:
Hi all: So -- at the end of Idol Gives Back on Wed -- Ryan Seacrest said that Bono would be back (of course, not really 'back' -- but back on tape) on Thur to talk about the ONE Campaign and RED. Did anyone catch this piece? My tape cut off....

Thanks!! spanisheyes68
I managed to catch a tiny glimpse of it, simply because American Idol was on in the other room, and I heard Bono's voice, so I ran to the TV :lol: It was very short, he was asking people to give... or buy, and then pointed to his sunglasses and said a few words about RED.

:yes: :sexywink: wow,Wow,wow!! Thank You to everyone for providing the links to AI! Definetly, moving!!:sad: And, a special thanks to Wayne! I went down memory lane with all U2'*s videos.....2 Hearts, IWF, Gloria(my fave 2 this day!)Anyway...back to NOW AI, ONE and RED!

Back
Top Bottom