Bono on American Idol 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hm, wasn't bono's clip filmed in Tanzania? (don't know where I read thatnmaybe in one of the clips), but on u2.com it says:

Idol Gives Back' returns to US screens tonight. Bono takes part in a piece filmed recently in Kenya.

Kenya?? He was there on holiday.. or...u2.com got things confused (what else is new)

Do you think he hopped over to Tanzania to work during his break or did he film this even on an earlier occasion?

Thank you so much for the link misfit toys!

Same pictures as Bonofox posted, but maybe a bit better quality:

bonoai.jpg

bonoai1.jpg

bonoai2.jpg

I like these glasses but I like it more when he takes them off. Without his shades, Bono looks like a teddy. :cute:

These episodes are very touching.

I want all those people to come live with me. I have so much & just seeing their homes made me cry. Donated on line this morning. :hug:

greety said:
Thanks for the links,Annie Lennox in africa really made me cry here :sad:

Alicia says we can watch more of her trip to Africa (for free) on americanidol.com

Can any of you peeps here find it?? :)
I'm really not familiar with any of these contestants, but I don't see anything else from Alicia (only a link to donate)

Greety, it is on her website -

http://www.aliciainafrica.com/

greety said:
Hm, wasn't bono's clip filmed in Tanzania? (don't know where I read thatnmaybe in one of the clips), but on u2.com it says:

Idol Gives Back' returns to US screens tonight. Bono takes part in a piece filmed recently in Kenya.

Kenya?? He was there on holiday.. or...u2.com got things confused (what else is new)

Do you think he hopped over to Tanzania to work during his break or did he film this even on an earlier occasion?

I read somewhere that it was in Tanzania too... then I read it was in Kenya. But back home there wasn't any news of him being there... maybe it was either a low-key visit or he went to Kenya. :shrug:

Bono's Doll said:
I want all those people to come live with me. I have so much & just seeing their homes made me cry. Donated on line this morning. :hug:

I know me too!!!! I want to go there and scoop up all the orphans and bring them home. I know if I go there though I will lose it. Annie Lennox's piece on those 4 boys was just heart wrenching. Cried like a baby... How hard it must be to go there and connect and then have to leave them behind.....:sad: :sad:
I donated again too! :)

MandyMarie said:
I was running about 15 minutes behind and the DVR cut the show off right after Daughtry's segment, what did I miss?

That was right at the end....it was the last taped segment.

Then the contestants came out and sang ala/church style
"Shout to the Lord" it was good! :)
They all wore white and then at the end white confetti fell over everybody! Pretty!! :)

Jeannieco said:
Annie Lennox's piece on those 4 boys was just heart wrenching. Cried like a baby... How hard it must be to go there and connect and then have to leave them behind.....:sad: :sad:
I donated again too! :)

I was telling someone about it at work today, and started to choke up, again.
Someone else ask me about the ONE band I was wearing and was it the from the ONE campaign.
Yes! I ask her if she wanted it, then gave it too her.
I have one more so I'm ordering more in case other's ask about it. It goes to a good cause. :yes:
I've given away 19 bracelets so far.

Jeannieco said:

That was right at the end....it was the last taped segment.

Then the contestants came out and sang ala/church style
"Shout to the Lord" it was good! :)
They all wore white and then at the end white confetti fell over everybody! Pretty!! :)

I was shocked that they had sung such a religious song. It is one of my favorites in church.

Last night Craig Ferguson did a Bono impersonation in a skit about the AI show. It was kind of funny actually and in good taste IMO. I'll see if I can find it on YouTube or somewhere.

Babydoll said:

I read somewhere that it was in Tanzania too... then I read it was in Kenya. But back home there wasn't any news of him being there... maybe it was either a low-key visit or he went to Kenya. :shrug:

Piecing what I know altogether, Babydoll, it appears that Bono went to Kenya and Tanzania in March to film the segments with Eusebia, Deloy and the others in these clips and then he spent a ten day holiday with his family (and maybe Edge's family?) "on the beaches" (so at a beachside resort) in Kenya. :cute:

There was talk that he would also visit Uganda on this trip - but that didn't happen.

That's all I know.....but Bono was in both countries last month.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

greety said:
Thanks for the links,Annie Lennox in africa really made me cry here :sad:

The Annie Lennox song really got to me. I thought it was the most touching performance of the night. I've always loved that song, way back in the time when Linda Rondstad used to sing it.

Annie did such a beautiful job with it.

greety said:

my niece recently saw Bono on her flight coming home from Kenya where she had been also. that was only two weeks ago. that sort of makes more sense now. he was maybe there to film the AI segments.

Last edited:
Jamila said:

Piecing what I know altogether, Babydoll, it appears that Bono went to Kenya and Tanzania in March to film the segments with Eusebia, Deloy and the others in these clips and then he spent a ten day holiday with his family (and maybe Edge's family?) "on the beaches" (so at a beachside resort) in Kenya. :cute:

Nice..:drool:
How do you know this?

Back
Top Bottom