Bono oil painting auctioned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greety

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I hope this has not been posted yet (usually it is when I make a thread) :lol:

anyhow, it is not a painting done BY Bono but of him.

Sourse is contactmusic:

A painting of U2 rocker BONO receiving his knighthood is set to go up for auction in Dublin, Ireland. The oil canvas, by artist David Nolan, is based on a press image by photographer Julien Behal and depicts the 47-year-old singer holding the honour up to his face. Bono, real name Paul Hewson, was presented with the knighthood in March (07) in recognition of his contributions to music and his global charity work. The painting will go under the hammer at James Adam auctioneers next month (Oct07) and is expected to sell for more than $4,000 (GBP2,000/3000 euro).

Anyone wanna place a bid?? :wink:

edit: how i wish contact music would post a related pic with their articles:|

_44135901_bonopa203by350pa.jpg

:eyebrow:

:|

Even if I could got them for free, I'd rather have a poster hanging on my wall instead of the painting... No need to mention the ridiculous price he charged for them!

I guess I'm not really into painted replicas of photographs. Why not offer something unique and preferably more creative? If I liked the picture, I'd buy a print of the picture.

Have to say the painting doesn't do much for me either:|

I agree with Liesje, rather see something creative. Like the wonderful Kelly Eddington Achtoons - September one is up now BTW and super-creative!!

LostAtMoon said:
David Nolan is selling another painting of Bono for € 3.400:shocked:, here

:scream: what the hell is that????

:| I can draw better than that... and I'm no artist... if I like a picture I'll make a poster of it, I wouldn't even want this thing if they paid me to hang it on my wall!

The second one isn't quite so bad. It's a questionable choice of pose and profile, but I don't see a huge problem with it artistically. I just find art like this rather boring. :wink:

The first one looks like an average, but enthusiastic Year 10 student made it.

greety said:
:ohmy:

I didn't know it was such a monstrosity.

Not worth the $$ if you ask me.:yuck:

Hi greet!! :wave:

i've got to agree with you, that painting is bad, yikes.

:eeklaugh: i don't know if to laugh at it or be scared of it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom