Bono moans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been getting the files too, so thanks, starsgoblue, they're great!

There's something I'm wondering about, though - sorta off topic. You said they're iPod files, right? I don't have an iPod, but I'm able to play them on Real Player. So...if U2 eventually does release official recordings of each show on this tour, does that mean that even those without iPods can purchase these and d/l them to listen to on their computers? Can iPod files be burned onto CDs? Thanks for any info you can provide.

VintagePunk said:
I've been getting the files too, so thanks, starsgoblue, they're great!

There's something I'm wondering about, though - sorta off topic. You said they're iPod files, right? I don't have an iPod, but I'm able to play them on Real Player. So...if U2 eventually does release official recordings of each show on this tour, does that mean that even those without iPods can purchase these and d/l them to listen to on their computers? Can iPod files be burned onto CDs? Thanks for any info you can provide.

I originally had them as plain old mp3 files and then I imported them into my iTunes library so I'm not sure. I do know that you don't need an iPod to use iTunes though, you can download iTunes for free and use it like you would RealPlayer or Windows Media Player....so you could use it to purchase tracks and whatnot or just use it to listen to what you already have. iTunes has a CD burning feature in it, so yes you can burn files onto CD. You can even convert the files back to mp3 using iTunes when burning CDs if you wanted to.

Last edited:
Stars, I really hate to be a pain, but could you post the links for the songs from Bad/40 to Walk On from the Providence show again? :help: Please, please, pretty please? :bow: I've got a friend with broadband who will let me download on her computer tonight.

Thanks, Stars! It was seriously taking an hour for each song with dialup :banghead:, so I only got as far as Please before everything timed out. These songs are great! I can't wait to hear the rest of them! :drool:

Thanks for taking care of the disadvantaged, Stars! :) Do you still have Streets, Still Haven't Found, Pride, Bullet, What's Going On, New York, One, When Will I See You Again, and Walk On? :reject:

stars - thanks for all the info. Not only is this board a great source of U2 related fun/info, but it's educational, too. :)

I had no idea about the iPod player, and converting the files to mP3's. It's nice to know that those of us without iPods can still order the live shows from the tour, if they go ahead with their distribution.

Staaaaaaars! Thank you for that Providence gig. I downloaded the tracks last night, converted them to mp3, and stuck them on my mp3 player. Listened to the first lot of tracks before I went to bed.
It reminded me why I so love this band.

Not that I'd forgotten.

Stars, I just figured out what the problem was with my computer. The links were fine all along. Sorry. :|

Damn, where's the embarrassed smilie when you need one?

:sigh:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Well now, we're all respectful of him...we would never dare tear all his clothes off his sexy body! :shifty:
Now..if it just so happened that a few key threads/sems (sp?) suddenly had hmm... a "wardrobe malfunction"..well....:wink:

:lol:

Of course we respect him. Maybe when i meet him i'll find out how brave i am(probably fall to pieces

Back
Top Bottom