bono looks oooold..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ballykissangel said:
..with his new/old colour of hair, methinks he's looking very JTish...

Which is fine with me. :D.

Originally posted by Kariann
I've always said that what is the most attractive attributes Bono has is his talent, charisma, passion, heart and soul. Those are the things that make him truly beautiful in my eyes.

:yes:.

And I like that "fine wine" concept.

Angela

U2Kitten said:

Um, this IS PLEBA :drool:

:eyebrow: Hm...well, if that's all PLEBA is about, I quit.

Bono could have horrible scars all over his face and it wouldn't matter to me. So his hair is gray, his eyes are a bit droopier, and he has a bald patch. I'm not going to deny the fact that he's human and he is and looks older. But that's never mattered to me anyway. It's just not something I think about.

Re: Bono is much more

vlasak said:
Bono is older than he was yesterday, just like you and me! I don't know about anyone else, but his age, his slight baldness, his "shortness", his 22 year marraige, his children, his heart and his soul is what turns me on. I'm getting older at the same rate and every year gets better than the last. God, I love that man!

:up: :yes:

Browneyedboy, With or Without you was almost 20 years ago. :huh:
Ofcourse he is going to look older, as he is older.

Anyway, I agree with vlasak, "God, I love that man!" :heart:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

:eyebrow: Hm...well, if that's all PLEBA is about, I quit.

Bono could have horrible scars all over his face and it wouldn't matter to me. So his hair is gray, his eyes are a bit droopier, and he has a bald patch. I'm not going to deny the fact that he's human and he is and looks older. But that's never mattered to me anyway. It's just not something I think about.

I realize you must think yourself so noble and above the rest of us for making statements such as this. However, it appears to me quite rude and unnecessary to continue to list his faults, for what is this, the third time in this thread? :eyebrow: I don't see any of the things you have mentioned. Sure he isn't 25 anymore but he is hardly an old decrepit man. I see what you have posted as worse than the original poster. He didn't go into detail and try to point out things specifically as you did, several times.

Now that I have that off my chest :mad: :censored: I'm going to say that I see a nice looking man all of these newest pics, and I don't mean that in a "for his age" or "considering he has this and that flaw" way. I mean he looks DAMN GOOD as anyone of any age would, and much better than men much younger!! :tongue:

And, I am going to continue to drool over him, and if any girl here has a problem with us looking at him in 'that way' she should leave PLEBA and join the guys on other forums who diss this place. That is a big part of what PLEBA is for, and we shouldn't feel one bit guilty about it. That's not the only reason we love him, but there's nothing wrong with that part of it, and I'd rather see girls drooling than listing flaws!! Admiring him for his looks shouldn't be anything to be ashamed of or devalue our respect for him in any way. I am a total Bono lover: heart, soul, mind, talent, charisma, AND LOOKS! :)

Last edited:
I like the "fine wine" comparison also. I don't think he's ever looked better. He is a beautiful man with a beautiful heart and talent galore. What more could a girl ask for???:drool: :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored: :censored:

U2Kitten said:
It's really strange this has come up now at all times, since I think he's looking especially great these days! I've been thrilled with these new pics :love: He is gorgeous!

Another one from two nights ago:

face03.jpg

WOW!!! :heart: That's one of the best pics I have ever seen!!!
That's recent? I had never seen it...but I'm glad I did!!

Seabird said:
I realize you must think yourself so noble and above the rest of us for making statements such as this. However, it appears to me quite rude and unnecessary to continue to list his faults, for what is this, the third time in this thread? :eyebrow: I don't see any of the things you have mentioned. Sure he isn't 25 anymore but he is hardly an old decrepit man. I see what you have posted as worse than the original poster. He didn't go into detail and try to point out things specifically as you did, several times.

I don't see myself as any better than anyone else. And I don't see any of the things I listed as "faults" or "flaws", not at all! If it seems like I meant that, I appologize for not being clearer. It just seems that in the past, other people try to make excuses for those so called "faults", or trying to deny that Bono's hair color changes, etc., but they're things that don't really bother me at all. They're not flaws, they're normal parts of any man.

The "drooling" in PLEBA is fine too, I've "drooled" many a time and will continue to do so. I just think that sometimes we need to consider the pictures for what they really are rather than what we want them to be. Pictures are never completely honest and certain things that we see in pictures of Bono are definitely much different when you see him in person. Also, when I see a picture of Bono all dressed up in a suit attending an important political function or receiving another (well deserved!!) award, I'm less likely to be "drooling" since I think Bono would rather have people recognize those pictures as important political statements than showing off his sexiness. On the other hand, if I see a posed pic of him or pics of him performing in leather, etc... I will certainly drool!!! :hyper: I dunno if that makes any sense at all....but I've tried my best to explain how I feel. I don't think that liking Bono only for his looks has ever been a problem with PLEBA. I'm proud of Bono and proud to be a U2 fan and I'm positive everyone else here feels the same.

Drool on! :drool:

I don't see myself as any better than anyone else. And I don't see any of the things I listed as "faults" or "flaws", not at all! If it seems like I meant that, I appologize for not being clearer. It just seems that in the past, other people try to make excuses for those so called "faults", or trying to deny that Bono's hair color changes, etc., but they're things that don't really bother me at all. They're not flaws, they're normal parts of any man.

The "drooling" in PLEBA is fine too, I've "drooled" many a time and will continue to do so. I just think that sometimes we need to consider the pictures for what they really are rather than what we want them to be. Pictures are never completely honest and certain things that we see in pictures of Bono are definitely much different when you see him in person. Also, when I see a picture of Bono all dressed up in a suit attending an important political function or receiving another (well deserved!!) award, I'm less likely to be "drooling" since I think Bono would rather have people recognize those pictures as important political statements than showing off his sexiness. On the other hand, if I see a posed pic of him or pics of him performing in leather, etc... I will certainly drool!!! :hyper: I dunno if that makes any sense at all....but I've tried my best to explain how I feel. I don't think that liking Bono only for his looks has ever been a problem with PLEBA. I'm proud of Bono and proud to be a U2 fan and I'm positive everyone else here feels the same.

:applaud:

I don't think it's nice to bring up negative things about somebody :tsk: It's something that people who like a person should have enough class and not to even mention:shrug:

Last edited:
I dunno, I gotta agree with Seabird here. I don't see how bragging about his causes excuses you from calling him old, fat, bald, short. droopy eyed or whatever. That's insulting no matter how I see it. Just list the positive things you want to say and leave that out of it, huh? Poor guy is already insecure about his appearance as it is. Not cool. It's like saying somebody has a good personality or they're smart, it's like calling them ugly but it doesn't matter? I don't like it. I don't get it all though, he looks sexy to me as is. I see no useful purpose for this thread whatsoever.

Oh and I support his causes and write my congressman and brag about how he saves lives and makes a difference in the world and I don't pick at his looks so I am the ultimate perfect U2 fan! :laugh:

He's not fat or old or bald. I think he looks fine! And I mean fine like mmmm FINE :tongue: not like "fine...good enough" :| . I think he looks hotter now than any other time (although...I do have a soft spot for Pop Bono as well...). He looks REAL and he's so good looking he doesn't need to waste time with make up artists and body builders. And I've never said anyone has a good personality and meant it to compensate for the fact that they're "ugly". That's really low. Bono's sexiness is largely because he has a perfect balance of looks, personality, humor, etc, etc, etc.

I guess I never should've posted in this thread. Apparently I didn't make myself clear enough (as I often do not). My bad. Just ignore everything I've said if you're going to use my words to say that I think Bono's fat and old and ugly. That's totally not true and I appologize if that's the way I came off. Just forget about it ok. I feel like an ass so you win.

:reject:

Also, when I see a picture of Bono all dressed up in a suit attending an important political function or receiving another (well deserved!!) award, I'm less likely to be "drooling" since I think Bono would rather have people recognize those pictures as important political statements than showing off his sexiness.

Interesting point. :).

I understand what you're trying to say, LivLuv. And I totally agree.

Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

Will do, ma'am. ;).

Angela

Back
Top Bottom