Bono just works harder- a great article

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZooGrl

The Fly
I read this article in the Montreal Gazette yesterday, assuming it would be on youtwo.net which it's not. In any case, I thought it was really good so I'm posting it here... enjoy. :)

Bono Just Works Harder
By Bill Brownstein,
LOS ANGELES- The night might have belonged to the young, with Alicia Keys taking the lion?s share of awards last night at the 44th annual Grammys. But it was one of the old guys of rock who continued to earn the respect of even the most jaded cynic.
Bono, you see, is not like the rest of us. He doesn?t appear to sleep (and hence the ever present shades). He also appears to care about people, even annoying people. He is out there shmoozing with bigwigs like Bill Gates about his non-profit, debt-relief advocacy group Data. He high-fives fans. He gabs with groupies. He signs autographs. He poses for pictures with kids. He is as gracious in defeat as in victory. He poses for the cover of Time magazine.
This is not normal. U2?s lead singer and spiritual epicentre might be a machine.
But what really sets Bono and the boys in his band apart from the others in the biz is that they work harder. They are driven.
That?s why they?re the world?s most successful rock band.
That?s why they win Grammy Awards ? and, oh yeah, they did win a not-so-shabby four Grammys last night. The $16,000 (US) loot bag with an I-Pod and TV among other goodies was probably secondary for these guys.
The night before last, while Britney Spears and her NSYNC beau Justin Timberlake were hanging around with the likes of a not-so-sexy Rod Stewart, Dick Clark and Evander Holyfield at a swank affair for music mogul Clive Davis in the Beverly Hills Hotel, U2 was rehearsing Walk On, it?s live bit for the Grammys, with a gospel choir into the wee hours of the morning. And though their roadies might have been wiped, Bono and the boys were among the first to arrive yesterday morning and were rarin? to go for yet another round of rehearsals in the Staples Centre prior to the big event.
Now you?ve got to figure that after performing Walk On maybe a trillion times over the last two years on tour, they know the lyrics. Hell, I know the lyrics by heat after listening to the band rehearse it a dozen times.
Bob Dylan didn?t show up for yesterday?s rehearsal and his call time was an hour later. Yet there was Bono, signing with energy and conviction. And he repeated the performance again last night. And for the record, he was singing, ?cause lip-syncing is verboten at the Grammys.

*U2 Fuzzies*

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Yep, he's da MAAAAAAN! That's our boys- still working & perfecting while everyone else rests on their, er, laurels (I decided to be polite).

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~
** Official Minister of Swagger for L.E.A.T.H.E.R. **

Oh Julyfly. I was hoping to catch you soon. I hope you don't mind that I used your line in my sig. Is that okay girl???

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love
BONO

smile.gif
*Hope it works*

It didn't...... So I deleted it. What I tried to do was to build Bono in bigger letters by using small letters, it looked fine in the posting, but not when posted.
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by MissZooropa (edited 03-01-2002).]

[This message has been edited by MissZooropa (edited 03-01-2002).]

U2?s lead singer and spiritual epicentre might be a machine.

You mean to tell me that there is an Animatronic Bono somewhere????? Must find it and steal it.

And I thought Edge was the only one
wink.gif

------------------
Daisy

and you become the monster
so the monster will not break you

AIM: daisyone75

Bonobono is a gentle boy

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
Oh Julyfly. I was hoping to catch you soon. I hope you don't mind that I used your line in my sig. Is that okay girl???

Girl, OF COURSE, I don't mind! I think it's the cutest thing- I laughed out loud the first time that I saw it
smile.gif

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~
** Official Minister of Swagger for L.E.A.T.H.E.R. **

Originally posted by daisybean:
You mean to tell me that there is an Animatronic Bono somewhere????? Must find it and steal it.

And I thought Edge was the only one
wink.gif

....I have the world's only Bono Erotobot....no one's supposed to know...

em....BonoBonoloveyouBon-OH!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Kick start my rock 'n rollin? heart. ~J.E.W.

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

?Naughty pop star? ~Bono
The Man Corral

Thanks for posting that ZooGrl!

U2 does work harder and they deserve all good things that come their way!
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom