Bono is so good natured!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carrie Anderson

War Child
The overriding thought as I look at all these lovely pictures of Bono that have been posted the last day or so, is that in almost every one of them, Bono is smiling or acting the fool. He is such a good natured man in general. Very rarely have I seen him grumpy.

He is so lovely :sigh:

Oh, and very, very :drool: :drool:

Carrie

I agree, he always comes across as just a really nice person :D His heart's in the right place!

:lol: yes I suppose it is. Maybe not his clothes though... :hmm: :heart:

I've seen him angry at a concert. And it was for good cause tho.

It was at UF in Arizona. He got extremely upset at the crowd for getting out of hand hurting each other. He stopped the show and yelled at the crowd and made everyone step back. It was by far the scariest U2 show I ever attended. By the time he was yelling, I had already gotten myself out of the mess and stayed back by the soundboard where it was safe. We literally had to elbow our way out or no one would move. Most people lost their belongings at that show. We lost our tshirts we bought and everything we brought in with us, including my friends car keys. I remember hundreds of shoes up by the front stage after it was all over. It was a total nightmare. I just recently found the bootleg on it and about died hearing it all over again. Thank God for Bono seeing what was going on and stopping the show. When Bono speaks everyone listens!!!

Bono has never been angry when meeting him. Always happy, generous, gracious and friendly.

u2jesusgirl said:

When Bono speaks everyone listens!!!

Bono has never been angry when meeting him. Always happy, generous, gracious and friendly.

I would do anything he said, in any case :evil:

And yes, I meant he is almost always gracious, and very funny and upbeat during fan meetings. I have never seen him any other way... although he can also take control if things get out of hand then.

:)

Carrie

Yes, that's right, at meetings he always seems very caring and lovely. Even if he looks very tired, he still takes his time for fans. :heart:

u2jesusgirl said:

It was at UF in Arizona. He got extremely upset at the crowd for getting out of hand hurting each other. He stopped the show and yelled at the crowd and made everyone step back. It was by far the scariest U2 show I ever attended. By the time he was yelling, I had already gotten myself out of the mess and stayed back by the soundboard where it was safe. We literally had to elbow our way out or no one would move. Most people lost their belongings at that show. We lost our tshirts we bought and everything we brought in with us, including my friends car keys. I remember hundreds of shoes up by the front stage after it was all over. It was a total nightmare. I just recently found the bootleg on it and about died hearing it all over again. Thank God for Bono seeing what was going on and stopping the show. When Bono speaks everyone listens!!!

Wow, what an amazing story! what was the date? I'd love to get the bootleg of that show!

He's very friendly and patient with the fans...:yes:
Even if he is late for an engagement, he will spend a few extra minues with fans regardless.

:up:

Rosebud said:

Wow, what an amazing story! what was the date? I'd love to get the bootleg of that show!

It was March 1, 1985 at Compton Terrace. It was the first gig ever held there. Stevie Nick's Dad, Jess Nicks had the place built to replace Legend City which was our other outdoor venue that got closed down. They had to fly the band in and out by helicopter.

Here is the web addy:

http://www.u2start.com
go to bootlegs, then UF and find 03/01/1985 Compton Terrace.
I wasnt for sure if I was allowed to put a link.

AFTER you do the download, you'll see between UF and Pride, "Bono Speaks". This is when he yelled at the people to stop. They sang the song twice because of what was going on. He explains on it. He was SO upset... They don't list it on the site, but after the download it is there.

Back
Top Bottom