Bono is Fat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
for the love of god. 89 posts? has anyone said they are turning their backs on bono or u2 because of this weight gain? if not great, if so, then clearly you have bigger issues. elvis was a bloody whale later in life, and i'm sure someone somewhere still nevermind. wow

bonocomet said:
LEGS.jpg
:lol: Bono's legs amuse me so much, and I don't know why.

Remember when weight wasn't a determining factor in whether people liked you or not?

Here comes the cliché line :rolleyes: who cares if Bono is putting on weight or not? Seriously? I don't see what it matters. He didn't seem to be affected by it musically before. He always ends up losing almost all of what he gains inbetween tours during the next one anyways. Plus they all work out. I don't see why people should have to nitpick at fight over it. Honestly. :huh:

Sure, it's viable to discuss in the manner that he is getting older on how it may or may not affect the music, don't get me wrong. But most of you are purposely trying to rile up people for your own sick pleasure. What's up with that?

All poking fun at peoples' weight, especially celebrities does is influence everyone else in some way shape or form. The media has it set to where it's NOT okay to be over weight. That it's NOT okay to weigh just a little more than you should. And maybe for your health it isn't. However, some people can't help their body build and some people always have fluctuating weight problems. I myself, am much like Bono. There are times when I have been in the best shape ever and times where I have gotten chunky and it usually fluctuates quite often, more than it does for a lot.

Now, why I brought up the media...the media has often influenced the younger population that being overweight is absolutely unacceptable by all means. Eventually it gets twisted into the idea that it's not okay to even be normal weight. And sometimes what this does is triggers thoughts in the younger crowd; "Oh, hey! I wanna be skinny!" And then they either start a rigorous diet that they really don't need, or fall into eating disorders because they want to be even skinnier. 'Cause that's what is allegedly hot.

Fans shouldn't think any less of a musician for their looks, weight, etc. Just love them for who they are and the music they make! And if you're that pathetic to start pointing things out about celebrities, that says something about you. You're insecure with yourself, or you need a life. Or both. Take your pick. :tsk:

What I'm tryin' to say is, it's a cryin' shame that people have to be nitpicked at for what they look like, what they wear and what they weigh even! My God, whatever happened to the days when looks weren't much of an issue? The man's turning 47 in a couple of weeks for crying out loud! A lot of men would like to look like him at that age! I must say he's aging well! Leave him alone! :crazy: [/rant over]

^ :lol:

Here are some more... and I'm totally with you on the legs thing DOL13... there's something about them, they remind me of tree trunks ( :shifty: really sexy tree trunks)

bonoshortswaterjog.jpg

bonoshortsjogcloseup.jpg

bonoshortsthighskneesshins.jpg

bonojogjohn.jpg

Last edited:
bonocomet said:
^ :lol:

Here are some more... and I'm totally with you on the legs thing DOL13... there's something about them, they remind me of tree trunks ( :shifty: really sexy tree trunks)

bonoshortswaterjog.jpg

bonoshortsthighskneesshins.jpg

bonojogjohn.jpg
'Cause his legs are hot :drool: ...not typical guy chicken legs. :shifty:

And thank you for posting those! That made my night complete. :drool:

U2Kitten said:
Even if Bono isn't officially fat, he has that look about him, short, stocky, pudgy, puffy. His new shaved head only draws attention to his thick neck and his wide, wrinkled face. He'd look much better if he'd grow out his hair and start working out. As he is now, the 'rock star' is gone and all I see is a flabby, pudgy, 'I give up on my hair I'm bald', boring middle aged man.I had always hoped he would never let himself go, but he has. As a longtime Bono admirer, I have to admit I can no longer stand the sight of him. :(

And as far as being 'shallow', well, this isn't our husbands we're talking about, or even a friend, he's famous, a 'fantasy man' and those are supposed to stay hot.;) (my husband is hot though!)

Like I said: Some *very* shallow People...:(

Devlin said:
Dude. The man is middle aged. You seriously cannot expect him to look twenty for the rest of his life, can you?

Maybe you can. But Ali probably isn't complaining.

Leave. Him. Alone.

Amen!!!:up: :applaud: :rockon:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
:eyebrow:
Oh no, Bono is so fat here, it's hard to look at him! How could he! How dare he not to look like a 20 year old with his almost 47 years. It's scandalous. He's so fat he's taking the whole stage for himself, the rest of the band is stuffed into some corner because Bono needs the whole stage for his massive body.
U2Kitten, I agree with you, it's a terrible sight, and sure enough a reason to NOT like Bono any longer, because him gaining some pounds says so much about the man's personality and character and there is certainly nothing more important about him than his outer appearance.
How could he do that to us?
Go away, fat Bono.
:eyebrow:

LOL great post last unicorn.

Just look at that photograph and tell us in the face that he is fat.

And besides that, who cares? Bono needs to do whatever he feels like, i only care for the music.

Bono has always been in shape during a tour.

Who cares??? :eyebrow:

Some people are so shallow its not funny...

I love Bono just the way he is, when really i should be crushing on some teenage rocker...

Anyways Bono has enough money to be and size or shape he wants to be :wink:

I do agree that he has gotten quite fat :yikes:
But the only real concern I would have about it is that it would affect his health. I really don't want him having a heart attack or something :sad:

That said, he's still a sexy beeyatch :evil:

last unicorn said:

Obviously, you haven't seen many "fat" people in your life.

I meant in comparison to himself during the tour. Sure, there are plenty of people that weigh more than him. It's just obvious that he's packed on a lot more around the middle than he had a short time ago and it can be bad for a person's health to do that :shrug: He is getting older though. It happens

There are other rock stars his age like Anthony Keidis and Bon Jovi and Tommy Lee who really don't look old or fat at all and are still hot. David Bowie is over sixty now and he's held up better than Bono.

As for the 'personality' thing, well, you know we don't really know the guy. You can have all the illusions and delusions you want about what a 'wonderful person on the inside' he is, but you do not know him. And no meeting him for a few minutes doesn't count. For all you know, he could be an asshole.

I can't believe I got 2 'shallow' comments even after I tried to head it off by explaining ahead of time in my post :sigh:

Lots of people are fat and ugly, but rock stars are supposed to stay hot. He hasn't.:(

This thread is just ridiculous and beyond insulting. I am just amazed by some of the things said here.

I'm closing this thread. I just don't even know what to say.

Please don't contact me about it either, because I don't even want to talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom