Bono is Fat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if Bono isn't officially fat, he has that look about him, short, stocky, pudgy, puffy. His new shaved head only draws attention to his thick neck and his wide, wrinkled face. He'd look much better if he'd grow out his hair and start working out. As he is now, the 'rock star' is gone and all I see is a flabby, pudgy, 'I give up on my hair I'm bald', boring middle aged man.I had always hoped he would never let himself go, but he has. As a longtime Bono admirer, I have to admit I can no longer stand the sight of him. :(

And as far as being 'shallow', well, this isn't our husbands we're talking about, or even a friend, he's famous, a 'fantasy man' and those are supposed to stay hot.;) (my husband is hot though!)

Headache in a Suitcase said:
they're all looking a little pudgy

fatu2.jpg

*wipes away the tears*

Sirs, step AWAY from the bufet!!!

*goes back to laugh some more*

Jeannieco said:
hey look at the amp back there... I just noticed it says VOX.... BONOVOX :)
co-inkydink?

not exactly, Vox AC30 amps have nothing to do with Bono.... well, except that he also uses them like Edge... and he broke one of Edges amps too... well it still works, even tho it has a hole in it now

youvedonewhat said:

Yup. we'd rather discuss moobs then weight gain...:lol:

actually, it's a related topic, because with his weight gain, bono's moobs will grow bigger too.

JCOSTER said:
I met Bono right after the pictures were taken when he was in Croatia and he was not fat at all.

All I'm going to say is I wouldn't want to get into a fight with him in a dark alley. His stature is one that would definately kick your arse!

Ad kick Bonos ass no problem!! Us Scots are hard as nails..its legendary.Thats why the (nearly) all conquering Romans built Hadrians Wall....they didnt fancy taking us on!!
Seriously tho, the holding the jacket closed thing I first noticed back in the 80s. And has always been a part of him.Check the UF fire pic on page 3 for verification! He does it a lot wen shaking hands and is nothing new..

Galeongirl said:

not exactly, Vox AC30 amps have nothing to do with Bono.... well, except that he also uses them like Edge... and he broke one of Edges amps too... well it still works, even tho it has a hole in it now

Really? He kicked it? I could totally see Bono doing that!! During the Fly or something!
(And ya, I know they have nothing to do with Bono...
I was just joking...)

Jeannieco said:

Really? He kicked it? I could totally see Bono doing that!! During the Fly or something!
I was just joking...)

It's legendary, of sorts.

Bono wasn't getting the sound out of his guitar/amp that he wanted.

Edge decided the amp was just fine, even with the hole.

In conclusion: Bono was in denial he can't play guitar.

Jeannieco said:

I was just joking...)

:wink: actually according to Dallas 'some singer's head ended up in it'

Total U2 Nut said:
:|

The level of just how shallow you are shocks me :tsk:
The trick is to take most of what she says with a grain of salt and two grains of ignorance.

Our Kitten *pats her on the head* Can't live with her, can't throw her into the deep end of the pool :rolleyes:

Personally, I think Bono was looking pretty good here :sexywink::

bonotightshirtsydneyek3.jpg

DreamOutLoud13 said:

The trick is to take most of what she says with a grain of salt and two grains of ignorance.

Our Kitten *pats her on the head* Can't live with her, can't throw her into the deep end of the pool :rolleyes:

The fatness :no: It burns my eyes :yikes:

I've been a fan of Bono for fifteen years. I still adore him to this day, fat or not, bald or hairy, I love his short hair, and I love his wrinkles.

I will still *love* him if he reaches 250 lbs, is old and has just a few gray hairs and is in a wheelchair and his face is as wrinkled as a satin sheet that's been crumpled in a corner for a week.

Bono is Bono and if his appearance changes, that will NOT affect the way that I feel about him.

absintheminded said:
I've been a fan of Bono for fifteen years. I still adore him to this day, fat or not, bald or hairy, I love his short hair, and I love his wrinkles.

I will still *love* him if he reaches 250 lbs, is old and has just a few gray hairs and is in a wheelchair and his face is as wrinkled as a satin sheet that's been crumpled in a corner for a week.

Bono is Bono and if his appearance changes, that will NOT affect the way that I feel about him.

Very well said!!:happy: I'm with you all the way in that!

absintheminded said:

nor I ... I actually like this Bono the best ... I think he is absolutely Beautiful .... and gets more and more as time goes on ....

U2Kitten said:
Even if Bono isn't officially fat, he has that look about him, short, stocky, pudgy, puffy. His new shaved head only draws attention to his thick neck and his wide, wrinkled face. He'd look much better if he'd grow out his hair and start working out. As he is now, the 'rock star' is gone and all I see is a flabby, pudgy, 'I give up on my hair I'm bald', boring middle aged man.I had always hoped he would never let himself go, but he has. As a longtime Bono admirer, I have to admit I can no longer stand the sight of him. :(

And as far as being 'shallow', well, this isn't our husbands we're talking about, or even a friend, he's famous, a 'fantasy man' and those are supposed to stay hot.;) (my husband is hot though!)

:shrug:

More for me!! :hyper:

absintheminded said:

:yes: :heart: Bono Love :heart: :love:

Anybody have any of those jogging pics from when he was gearing up for the Elevation tour? Funny to see him wear gym shoes.

Seems like some article from the Vertigo tour where he said that he was really annoyed by how out of shape he was. I think it's swell. He is a man of appetites. But that jacket thing has got to frickin' hot night after night...

DreamOutLoud13 said:

agrees with ya on the first two sentences.. and also the third!

with this pic how can someone say he is fat????????:scratch: :banghead: Should he be a size 0? Have a eating disorder like the rest of hollywood? :huh:

Dude. The man is middle aged. You seriously cannot expect him to look twenty for the rest of his life, can you?

Maybe you can. But Ali probably isn't complaining.

Leave. Him. Alone.

Looks good to me :drool: He could have a garbage bag over his head and I'd still swoon :drool:

BJeans.jpg

838cb5ae-1.jpg

73480699.jpg

bono_sarong2.jpg

:drool:

Last edited:
DreamOutLoud13 said:

looking at this pic, i'd he's as fit as a oylimpic gymnist :yes:

he's in the best shape of his life right now.

:vacatesthread:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Excuse me? :eyebrow: Ignorance? You have no right to say that to me just because I don't agree with you. I would honestly like to know why my opinion isn't just as valid as anyone else's. At least I have the guts to say what I really think and to be honest and forthcoming about it. I'd rather see that than a bunch of fakeness. My opinion of Bono, and yours of me, are subjective.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

Excuse me? :eyebrow: Ignorance? You have no right to say that to me just because I don't agree with you. I would honestly like to know why my opinion isn't just as valid as anyone else's. At least I have the guts to say what I really think and to be honest and forthcoming about it. I'd rather see that than a bunch of fakeness. My opinion of Bono, and yours of me, are subjective.
I'm sorry, you've misunderstood me. I wasn't insinuating that you are ignorant, I was suggesting that those that dislike your opinions find a way to ignore them. Apologies for not being so clear about it.
You're entitled to your opinion as much as anyone else. The only difference is that your opinion differs so greatly from the majority, and that will always cause you to be singled out. Good on you for always being honest about your feelings, but you can't always act so surprised when people disagree with you. Surely you have to expect it by now. But c'est la vie, life goes on, and we'll just have to agree to disagree. You will continue moaning about how Bono disgusts you now, and the rest of us will continue telling you that we disagree.

Although I'm curious, are you suggesting that we're all fake and deluded because we think that Bono is still beautiful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom