Bono is depressed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps he is just HUMAN!!! Not a hot air balloon...up all the time! Maybe it is getting old that has him down...it is certainly affecting me when I think about my age...I think I am going to have some serious depression in a month when I turn 35... mid-thirties... yikes!:sad:

faithingrace said:
Perhaps he is just HUMAN!!! Not a hot air balloon...up all the time! Maybe it is getting old that has him down...it is certainly affecting me when I think about my age...I think I am going to have some serious depression in a month when I turn 35... mid-thirties... yikes!:sad:

Wait til you hit 50. I actually don't mind getting older. My younger brother died when he was 34 and after the cancer scare I had, well, it kind of changes your perspective.

u2granny said:

Wait til you hit 50. I actually don't mind getting older. My younger brother died when he was 34 and after the cancer scare I had, well, it kind of changes your perspective.

Yeah, the alternative isn't so hot, but man mid-thirties, I don't like the sound of that, it is happening too fast!

The way I interpret the scenario, as I have just finished reading the book- Bono In Conversation, is that Bono is saying depression is kind of necessary and visits us all once in awhile. It's necessary for some people to realise that everything is not okay and gives us a chance to change it.
The "pickled" people are self-indulgent and lose perspective on life when they should be changing perspective and changing it, not wallowing in tears, and feeling sorry for themselves.
Read the book. It does make sense. I can't make it sound like it makes sense...but read the book.

faithingrace said:

Yeah, the alternative isn't so hot, but man mid-thirties, I don't like the sound of that, it is happening too fast!

My son will be 29.:|

granny

You still feel the same when they're 29.:heart: It's just more difficult to pick them up.

Glad to see this thread has gotten way more interesting than it was when last I checked yesterday. I wonder exactly what Bono ordered from the Golden Arches. I want to go order the same thing in order to feel closer to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom