Bono Is Back In Germany This Week!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vincent Vega said:

Yes, but everyone in Germany says so. I think most don't know better.
And it's hard in normal talking to switch to the quick Bono when you are used to say Bo-e-no-e.

:uhoh: So do we in Holland....Flemish people do so too, I think it's something from the germanic accent :shrug:

Macphisto2000 said:
Here are some more of my photos from Berlin (yesterday).

Macphisto

2007-05-15-10-56-27_DSC_5249.JPG

2007-05-15-11-08-44_DSC_5433.JPG

2007-05-15-11-21-26_DSC_5581.JPG

2007-05-15-11-25-38_DSC_5616.JPG

2007-05-15-11-28-50_DSC_5644.JPG

These photos are extraordinary, Macphisto2000 - thank you so very much for sharing them with us!

And thank you for a wonderful website, too. :)

last unicorn said:

Nevermind, this morning I heard a BBC reporter pronouncing it that way as well.

Actually, here (Belgium, and I speak for the flemish), whenever there is talk about Bono, it is usually pronounced as the French say eau (water), so Beau-neau. I've never heard them say Bone-no here.

Miringeltje said:
capt_gvw11505151751_belgium_eu_bono.jpg

U2 singer Bono gestures as he talks during a media conference after a meeting with EU Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso, not seen, at the EU Commission in Brussels, Tuesday, May 15, 2007. Bono scolded France, Italy and other nations for using debt cancellation to mask cuts in regular aid payments to Africa. (AP Photo/Geert Vanden Wijngaert )

capt_gvw11305151749_belgium_eu_bono.jpg

U2 singer Bono, left, talks as EU Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso looks on as they address the media after a meeting at the EU Commission in Brussels, Tuesday, May 15, 2007. Bono scolded France, Italy and other nations for using debt cancellation to mask cuts in regular aid payments to Africa. (AP Photo/Geert Vanden Wijngaert)

r2983532853.jpg

U2 lead singer Bono speaks during a news conference at the European Commission headquarters in Brussels, May 15, 2007. REUTERS/Francois Lenoir (BELGIUM)

I just found a video of this press conference. Just click on the text 'Meeting on develoment and Aid with Bono' on the top right hand of the page.

http://ec.europa.eu/index_fi.htm

last unicorn said:

Yes, I was thinking that, too. Bob looks really worn out.
I have been wondering about it over the last few years whenever I saw pictures of him, but this time it looks extremely obvious.
But I believe it's stress, all the hard work he's doing.

Sorry for my ingnorance :reject:
But what does Geldof actually do now?

I never seen much of him related to campaigning compared to what i see of Bono.

Bono appears to travel and do more in terms of promoting awareness than Geldof, and yet he looks healthy as ever. Whereas Geldof looks extreamly trired.

waynetravis said:

Sorry for my ingnorance :reject:
But what does Geldof actually do now?

I never seen much of him related to campaigning compared to what i see of Bono.

Bono appears to travel and do more in terms of promoting awareness than Geldof, and yet he looks healthy as ever. Whereas Geldof looks extreamly trired.

Bob is working a lot behind the scenes. He's constantly campaigning. He's travelling to Africa a lot. He's speaking at congresses. He even was in Vienna a couple of months ago to speak about the campaign, but I didn't know it and missed him. :|

You don't see much of him because we follow Bono so much. Other people who are not U2/Bono fans don't follow Bono so much and usually don't know what Bono is doing or have a very vague idea of it.

Both of them are doing a lot of work "behind the scenes", stuff that is not made public, and I am sure it's a lot of stress, especially now with the G8 summit coming up.

last unicorn said:

Bob is working a lot behind the scenes. He's constantly campaigning. He's travelling to Africa a lot. He's speaking at congresses. He even was in Vienna a couple of months ago to speak about the campaign, but I didn't know it and missed him. :|

You don't see much of him because we follow Bono so much. Other people who are not U2/Bono fans don't follow Bono so much and usually don't know what Bono is doing or have a very vague idea of it.

Both of them are doing a lot of work "behind the scenes", stuff that is not made public, and I am sure it's a lot of stress, especially now with the G8 summit coming up.

Wonderfully said, last unicorn. :rockon:

Sir Bob has done as much for Africa behind the scenes as Bono has done for Africa in front of the cameras.

Both activities are necessary to achieve equity for Africa.

And I would say that there is a lot of stress right now on both of these men with the G8 meeting coming up in a few weeks and an uncertain future for the pledges that these countries made to help Africa.

:bonodrum: :hi5:

wendi said:
is it possible to save this video to a hard drive?

Save favorite in realplayer could help you remeber the link, but once they remove the video from their server, you won't be able to access it again.

Plus it's a quite big video, buffering it everytime you watch it, cost a lot of bandwidth.

so, try download from this link... but you need to use a download manager, e.g. flashget.

rtsp://rtsppress.cec.eu.int/Archive/video/europa/ref52146.rm

:shifty:

hcbiggs2002 said:

I just found a video of this press conference. Just click on the text 'Meeting on develoment and Aid with Bono' on the top right hand of the page.

http://ec.europa.eu/index_fi.htm

This video of the news conference that Bono did this past Tuesday night with EU President Barrosa was EXCELLENT!

I hope that everyONE got the chance to view it. :wink:

My favorite part of the news conference was when the interviewer from the BBC got up to ask Bono a question.

He started out by reminding B that he had been trying for years to get an interview with him! :ohmy:

This seemed to startle and bemuse Bono - the look on his face when the interviewer said that was priceless.

It was a great moment. :laugh:

Thanks Jamila! :wave: Yes Bono did seem a little taken aback by the BBC reporters comments!! :cute: In fact he seemed almost humbled!!! :hug:
I'm just hoping that some clever soul will post a downloadable version of this video! ;)

couldn't your guys download the video from the link I provided on the previous page?

Or you haven't noticed it was there?

:scratch:

last unicorn said:
No, sadly, I can't even open the page. And Real Player doesn't work with my OS. :(

You do need a program that could play real player files to play the video. Because it's in .rm format.

butter7 said:

You do need a program that could play real player files to play the video. Because it's in .rm format.
butter7, thank you! I don't have Real Player, because it isn't compatible with my OS, but I have an alternative player that can play rm files. So I can watch the video. But do you know how I can save it to my harddisc, because I can only use the link given by you to directly open the video file. It's 18 minutes long, very interesting indeed. Maybe we can find a way to download the file?!

The quickest way to get the video is to open the folder which contains all the "buffered" materials for this particular video player, or internet browser. But in your case, I have no idea where that folder located, sorry....

for PC user:

Try this software: http://www.flashget.com/index_en.htm

once you installed it, go to job -> New -> and paste the rstp:// link I posted, download the file in only one part (otherwise you'll likely to get some sound problem with .rm file, never worked out why though).

Once it finished, go to the folder where you put it, default should be in the folder called "downloads" in your c drive.

I think download manager is the software that everyone need to have in their computer. You can resume downloades, splits one file in too several parts and achieve a higher speed of downloading; or if you need to "rip" some multi-media files from certain sites, they support the protocol which normally only work for media players, which means you could save a lot of on-line streaming video to your hard driver. So get one for U2. :shifty:

Felt like myself is a salesman...but it's indeed a very good tool, so I recommend your guys give it a go.

Last edited:
I'm currently uploading this one to .com, but consider of my pity bandwidth, it might take me up to 60 mins to upload this thing.

But I guess it'll worth the wait....:wink:

======

Edit: Sorry guys, I've no idea why tonight won't allow me to upload the file, it broke up the transactions while I was almost completed the uploading. I'll try it again a bit later, or tomorrow.:(

Last edited:
butter7 said:
The quickest way to get the video is to open the folder which contains all the "buffered" materials for this particular video player, or internet browser. But in your case, I have no idea where that folder located, sorry....

for PC user:

Try this software: http://www.flashget.com/index_en.htm

once you installed it, go to job -> New -> and paste the rstp:// link I posted, download the file in only one part (otherwise you'll likely to get some sound problem with .rm file, never worked out why though).

Once it finished, go to the folder where you put it, default should be in the folder called "downloads" in your c drive.

I think download manager is the software that everyone need to have in their computer. You can resume downloades, splits one file in too several parts and achieve a higher speed of downloading; or if you need to "rip" some multi-media files from certain sites, they support the protocol which normally only work for media players, which means you could save a lot of on-line streaming video to your hard driver. So get one for U2. :shifty:

Felt like myself is a salesman...but it's indeed a very good tool, so I recommend your guys give it a go.

Okay, I'm taking your advice, and downloaded and installed the download manager flashget and I have 45 % of the video done. I'll let you know if I succeed! :wink:

If someone gets this downloaded can we get copies? I just tried and when I click the link it says file not found.

Dana

Okay, I've downloaded the video and have uploaded it onto YSI. It's still Realvideo/audio format and the quality is not very good but hopefully it's good enough to view! :shrug:

Bono at the Aid development press conference:-
http://download. .com/8D148A5531978515

Only trouble is the flashGet turned all my µtorrent files into flashGet 'bit torrent' files, and although I know they still work the same but I'd prefer if they were µtorrent files. Any advice on how I can change 'em back?!? :(

you can 1. change file icon or, 2.go to file -> Option in flashget and see if they've put an option there.

I'm using the older version, which doesn't have the torrent founction. And I prefer that one better. However, I couldn't upload the installation pack to you guys because it's an Chinese OS only version and it will check your OS language setting before install. it could getting really messy if you got things wrong.

Glad you've downloaded the file.

There was nothing for it but to uninstall the flashGet coz I couldn't figure out how the change the files! :shrug: And when I tried to download a torrent it went to the flashGet window instead of my µtorrent palet!?! :no: But it might download the older version that doesn't have the torrent function. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom