Bono Is Back In Germany This Week!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
03datareport12.jpg

last unicorn said:

Ooops, sorry, I was mislead by the Zeit article!

Thank you everyone for all the wonderful photos. The man is truly amazing. I just came home to see that he has also been in Brussles today. Very busy times indeed.

In case you don't know, there is a podcast available on CNN dot com. It's a 20 minute interview of Bono in Berlin. I have just downloaded it, brilliant stuff.

It's no problem. :)

Thank you all for keeping this thread going and for providing all this wonderful info and pictures about what happened today in Germany and Brussels.

I simply have not had the opportunity to get near a computer before now. So I have all of today's activities to catch up with tomorrow. :wink:

That's OK, though. Tonight, after work, we had a meeting of all those organizations that are helping to put together our local observance of this year's Candlelight Memorial Service through the Global Health Council, a ONE partner organization. (www.globalhealth.org)

I will speaking at the Service for the third year in a row as a local ONE volunteer organizer. I'll also have a ONE booth there with the info, sign up sheets, ONE stickers and whitebands.

Plus, we'll also have some additional info on this year's G8 meeting and ways for people to put additional pressure on the G8 to live up to their promises to Africa which are being consistently broken by the G8 as the DATA Report stated today.

So, I've been walking the walk today and didn't get near a computer to talk the talk.:sexywink:

But I'll catch up with all of today's activities tomorrow.~

To find out where is the closest whiteband organization in your country to join the movement to end extreme poverty, please check out our mother website (which is working again):

http://www.whiteband.org/

THANK YOU, BONO :bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

I really had no idea he would come our way :ohmy:
(Not that I live near Brussels but still..)

thanks to all for the lovely pics :)

He's looking good, but I can't help noticing the swelling on his right eye.

ps, does anyone know when exactly he was in Brussels??
I guess it must have been an evening meeting.

Last edited:
Don't know what your guys think, but Bob Geldof looks like he's not very well? :eyebrow:

Bob and Bono have given more of themselves over to the movement to end extreme poverty than any other two individuals that I can think of.

They have been UNRELENTLESS in their pursuit of justice for Africa, especially over the last ten years, and that sort of commitment to a very serious issue can really take something out of you - emotionally and physically.:(

And I think that it's fairly well known that Sir Bob is a very natural man and has never been afraid to show us his rough spots. Right now, he is wearing some of those rough spots on his face and he's WEARING THEM PROUDLY. :wink:

Bob simply looks very tired to me - and maybe a bit in need of some r & r, nutritious food and a world of justice for Africa!

Believe me, if Bono and Bob could achieve a world of justice for Africa, they both would look twenty years younger!!

I'll check back into this thread tonight after work - I still have all the pics, articles, videos, etc from yesterday to go through. :wink:

Thanks for everyONE's positive contributions in this thread. There is no reason for us to fight each other.

:bonodrum: :hi5:

butter7 said:
Don't know what your guys think, but Bob Geldof looks like he's not very well? :eyebrow:

Indeed, he has a very pale skin and does look as if he has something.
Or it's just too much working.
The Zeit article mentioned it as well saying he looked like he partied too much the night before.

butter7 said:
Yes, I was thinking that, too. Bob looks really worn out.
I have been wondering about it over the last few years whenever I saw pictures of him, but this time it looks extremely obvious.
But I believe it's stress, all the hard work he's doing.

Vincent Vega said:

Indeed, he has a very pale skin and does look as if he has something.
Or it's just too much working.
The Zeit article mentioned it as well saying he looked like he partied too much the night before.

Very pale skin, wide dark shadow around his eyes...

I surely hope it's the parties, but just one night bad sleep, won't leave you dark shadow in the eye area like a panda has... and he appeared like he's tired to his soul.

Look at this picture Bonofox1 posted on the previous page:

02datareport3.jpg

Last edited:
Got a extremely funny moment with my high school classmate, just now.

I showed her the picture that Bono holding the DATA report, without any discription (we chatting on the internet), and she send some word back:

OH, you are so lucky! Your professor is hot!

Me --> :shocked: .... :lmao:

^ :lol: I don't know how to do the above arrow :reject: oh nevermind, it worked.

Thanks for the beautiful pictures too Macphisto2000 :bow:

last unicorn said:

Thank you, very interesting indeed!

Though I cringe every time I hear interviewers saying "Bo-e-no-e".

Yes, but everyone in Germany says so. I think most don't know better.
And it's hard in normal talking to switch to the quick Bono when you are used to say Bo-e-no-e.

Back
Top Bottom