Bono in TV Guide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KristenF

The Fly
Bono is mentioned in an article in TV Guide this week(the one with the Lord of the Rings guys on the cover). It's not anything favorable though, they are giving him a hard time about swearing at the Golden Globes last year. There is also a small picture.
Just thought some of you might like to know.

Giving him a hard time? :( Awww that's not nice. Thanks for telling us, I'll look for it!

Oh I agree, Mullet Bono does rule and is hot! :cute: :drool:

bonowarblue.jpg

We'll have to get a mullet thread going sometime! ;) I know FallingStar will help us out!

bonowarblue.jpg

We'll have to get a mullet thread going sometime! ;) I know FallingStar will help us out! [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree. A mullet thread is needed. If I knew how to post pics, I'd start one myself. :)

There are so many Bono threads going right now I'm ashamed to start another one :reject: But in a couple days, maybe Monday, mullets it is! :up:

If you want to know how to post pics, PM me. It's always good to have another poster, especially one who loves mullets!:tongue:

I really cannot believe they are still giving him a hard time about the Golden Globes swearing controversy. Honestly, you'd think he committed a murder. Heck, it's not even excessive violence or sex in TV programming. The FCC is screwing up big time on priorities.

Yes, Verte, they are, and I'm afraid now with the Janet Jackson thing they're going to be bringing it up and criticizing him more so they won't get accused of picking on her :sigh: Poor Bono:(

I know, it's terrible :rant: :mad: They don't even bring up when Nicole Ritchie did the same thing :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I agree with both of you. It's absolutely insane. You'd think nobody'd ever said the "f" word until he uttered it.

And for god's sake, how many times do people have to keep pointing this out-it was not ruled to be violating obscenity laws, because it didn't describe a bodily function or a sexual act (which, really, those laws make no sense to me, either-yeah, heaven forbid we talk about something that every single human being on the planet does at some point and time). He was just happy to have won an award. The word violated no laws, therefore, everyone can quit attacking him for it now!

But heaven forbid these groups and politicians that are yelling at him for this actually talk about things that are worthwhile, like, as pointed out, the stuff he's done for Africa. It's like somebody said one time, if the same politicians who are yelling at him for this were this gung-ho about fighting the AIDS crisis, we'd have made a heck of a lot of headway by now.

Ain't it nice to know where our priorities lie?

Angela

I think it's stupid that they are still after Bono for the Golden Globe thing, but not Nicole Ritchie, or Diane Keaton, who used the "s" word during the 2004 Golden Globes. I think perhaps Bono is more controversial than these other people are because he's politically outspoken, and because he has a high profile in general.

I saw it in the grocery store tonight but didn't buy it. It's on the Insider, page 6-7 I think. They have a kind of grouchy faced looking Bono, Golden Globes pic I've never seen before, and a Nicole Ritchie pic, yes good to see they got her too, and Shaq, with one big red cartoon word bubble coming out of all their mouths with @#$%& in it. I'm glad he wasn't alone but I don't like to see him portrayed in a negative way:( :mad:

U2Kitten said:
There are so many Bono threads going right now I'm ashamed to start another one :reject: But in a couple days, maybe Monday, mullets it is! :up:

Why are you ashamed? :wink: Afterall,it is a U2 website. There's nothing to be ashamed of. We must celebrate all things Bono, Larry, Adam and Edge!!! :bono: :larry: :adam: :edge:

But especially Bono because he's just so unbelievably sexy!!! LOL!:drool:

Bono said that 2 years ago! AHH! This is insane!
This "decency" crap is like a return to the good old 50s....
or Hayes Codes of the 30s.
Isn't it ironic that those pressing for these changes in
decency are the Republicans. What's decent about the
Republican Party? hmm?
Jeez! All Bono said was one stupid "f" word!
And that was 2 years ago!

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Last edited:
Geez, I read that article in full tonight...:banghead: :scream:...I swear, I have had it up to here *Holds hand high above her head* with that whole argument...I guess I'm a weird person or something, 'cause swear words and an exposed body part don't offend me in the least. Our government's offending me much more right now than Bono or Janet and Justin are.

Bah, anywho, I'll stop there before I go off on yet another rant about that. On to happier stuff...

I agree, Billie Midol...I certainly won't mind having another Bono thread out there. But it's totally up to you, U2Kitten. :). Whatever you feel like doing is fine with us.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
I agree, Billie Midol...I certainly won't mind having another Bono thread out there. But it's totally up to you, U2Kitten. :). Whatever you feel like doing is fine with us.

Angela

Hey girls, don't wait for me! If anyone wants to start one, I'd be glad, and I'd post in it when I found it. Get the party started and let everyone join in! :wave:

I'll be back when I can get rid of the big error message on my msn every time I log in now. :( When I close it I lose my internet service but when it opens again, this happens again. I think I have a virus :scream:

Back
Top Bottom