Bono in Time!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

terenewen

Babyface
Did anyone read the article that Bono wrote in Time magazine? It's in the back of the issue about (duh!) Global Health. It's a really great article, sparked some interesting discussions at my dinner table tonight. He is really good at what he does, incredibly eloquent. Of course, I suppose he plays with words for a living, so there ya go. One of my favorite quotes:

"The numbers are so big that they can numb us into indifference: 5,000 people ding every day from tuberculosis, 1 million dying every year from malaria. Behind each of these statistics is some's daughter, someone's son, a mother, a father, a sister, a brother."

Just thought since no one else has mentioned it, I might as well have a go! Time made the right choice, picking him to write the back page article this week!

BonoTimeMag.jpg

bono is so incredible :heart:

this Time magazine was actually centered on Global Health and the people helping out. :)

WOW!!! Thank you for posting that YDW :up:

Bono is truly an amazing man in his efforts to help those in need.

:happy:

Thanks for the scan! Though I don't think the little girl in the pic is just any "fan", I'm pretty sure it's the little Dominique from the singing/dancing/drama troupe with Bono and co. for the Heart of America tour and a few other appearances.

LivLuv is completely correct about Dominique - she is part of the African children's singing group from Ghana that accompanied Bono and DATA on the "Heart of America" tour in Dec. 2002. :hug:

Jamila said:
LivLuv is completely correct about Dominique - she is part of the African children's singing group from Ghana that accompanied Bono and DATA on the "Heart of America" tour in Dec. 2002. :hug:

She was absolutely adorable!! I have a few pics we took of her dancing, but they're not digital and I don't have a scanner. I think she was only 4 during that tour. I saw them twice, the second time was their last time together (Bono and the rest), so at the end, the kids had prepared a surprise song for Bono and he was holding Dominique while she was singing to him.....he looked like he was trying not to cry the whole time....soooooo cute!!!

That group was amazing! They sang, they danced, they prayed, they played drums....they could do anything and really gave it 110% each time. It was a real crowd-pleaser.

Yea, I saw them too perform with Bono on the "Heart of America" tour in Lincoln, Nebraska on World AIDS Day (1 December 2002).

At that time, we weren't supposed to take pics of the events but some of us did anyway!;)

I had about a dozen or so pics that I took from that night and gave them to Bono in a photo album (along with some other pics of him at various events for Africa where I was present) and gave them to him in Chicago back in May.

He laughed when I called them "illegal pictures" of him.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Nice! How did you get a camera in?!?! We got searched and patted down by the National Guard just to get in the door. We were the first 4 people in though (on Dec 1, 2002), maybe security wasn't as tight later on.

Thanks for the article. Bono is truly good at getting his message through, and giving it meaning. I know, whether or not I was a U2 fan that I would be touched if I took the time to read that. I typed the article up and put it on my myspace.

Back
Top Bottom