Bono in tie pic!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonaVox

Rock n' Roll Doggie
But not just any pic.......

CREDIT: Echo the Guru

Attachments

• mib.jpg
    mib.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Well, as my friend said one day, I don't want to rain on anybody's bubble (yeah, he gets his words mixed up...), but I don't think it's really appropriate to make a humorous pic out of a pic from Bono's dad's funeral. I don't even think having the pics from Bono's dad's funeral plastered on the Net like they were/are is appropriate. But maybe I'm just being too uptight.

Though most will think I came off as a bitch in that last reply, I will say that it is a nice Photoshop job...I just wish a different pic could have been used for something humorous.

Bonochick said:
Though most will think I came off as a bitch in that last reply, I will say that it is a nice Photoshop job...I just wish a different pic could have been used for something humorous.

I agree, Bonochick. I laughed at that pic- it is really well done, but it seems sort of inappropriate to use a photo from Bono's father's funeral. I'm sure whoever made it had only the best of intentions, but there is something creepy about it.

on one hand, i totally agree that pictures should not be on the web like that.....but on the other hand, it's not like echo was in any way trying to be disrespectful....just let it slide...:(

Stories for Boys said:
on one hand, i totally agree that pictures should not be on the web like that.....but on the other hand, it's not like echo was in any way trying to be disrespectful....just let it slide...:(

Yeah, fine with me. It's not worth gettin' in a fight over.

Yes that is the funeral pic, in the original he is even holding a little flower. It's also the only time in his life he's ever dressed like that. I hate to be morbid, but unfortunately taking pics at funerals is not only not creepy to some it is common! I am not condoning it, because I DO think it's creepy, but I am ashamed to say that most of my relatives use funerals as 'get togethers' and 'family photo ops' and that sadly most of our pics of the entire extended family together dressed up have come from- funerals. Yes, people, even my own brother, walk around with cameras, posing people and asking them to 'smile.' :eek: People have even asked me why I didn't bring my camera! It seems people come to funerals when they'd find excuses to avoid weddings or reunions so that's the only time they're all together and dressed up. I know, it sounds sick, but my relatives are not the only ones to do it.

Even worse, I have a couple friends whose families think it's normal and expected to take a pic of the deceased in the coffin and put it in the album with the rest of the pics!! I can't explain the horror of running across one of these while leafing through a photo album someone gave me to look at, and they think nothing of it!! Another morbid practice I have seen people do is taking pics of cars people were killed in, even posing next to them. Chills.

So what I'm saying is, though the thought of taking and posting funeral pics is weird and abhorrant to us, some people, even loving relatives of the deceased, see nothing wrong with it, so maybe some of those who took those pics had families or friends like mine and thought it was normal and no big deal. I have no idea how Bono's family feels about this and that would be the one that matters most. I don't think Echo knew it was a funeral pic, and I'm sure she meant no disrespect. Of course now that we all know it is, it's kind of taken the comedy out of it, but it was a good idea with no bad intentions.

OK it's too late to edit.......

I'll get someone to get rid of this

sorry guys.

no offense meant, of course....

MonaVox said:
no offense meant, of course....

I know none was meant by Echo or you. I admit, I laughed when I first saw it, but then when I realized it was the funeral pic, it was just...well, it felt wrong. But don't worry about it, I don't think anybody is mad.

Bonochick said:

I know none was meant by Echo or you. I admit, I laughed when I first saw it, but then when I realized it was the funeral pic, it was just...well, it felt wrong. But don't worry about it, I don't think anybody is mad.
OK thanks Bonochick.

By some of the posts, I thought some ppl would be really mad. I didn't even notice at first either.....

I hope no one misunderstood my post and thinks I'm mad because I'm not! There has been so much controversy over those funeral pics since the day they came out I was just trying to explain how some people (morbid as it is) just do that and don't think it's wrong, so the journalists who took them might not even have felt disrespectful since people do it at their own loved one's funerals. I also understand how Bonochick feels about those pics because I do too, I just wanted to bring up that not everyone who does it feels they are wrong. I also said I know that Echo meant no disrespect and that all intentions of the pic and the post were good.

I dont think it's a big deal.. I mean, the pictures have already been taken... months and months ago.. Bono looks good... the picture that echo made is not derogatory in any way in my opinion.

The things is, the boys will always get their pictures taken no matter what the circumstances are, and I'm sure if they hated them so much they would find a way to get rid of them, punch the photographers or whatever, yknow? Its not like we're making fun of the funeral or anything.

Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom