Bono in the news on ANOTHER shirt abuse scandal...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we can always count on nanavancouver to drop in when a picture is mentioned!:wink:
i do recall the injury of a certain button during the actual nipple showing action.
although i dont presume any serious trauma to the shirt in question....
:D
maybe i'll be a lawyer....wait...nah, too many rules.
I'll stick to being an activist

Perhaps the button injured during ZooTV would be willing to testity with the Vertigo video shoot buttons? This abuse has gone on far too long, Bono needs to just not wear shirts! How long must we sing this song, ladies?

bono has had COS disorder for years - the only cure is to go shirtless until brave PLEBAns can properly diagnois the disorder in concert. That right - just jeans/leather pants and a straw hat from now on. It will be a hardship but i think it would be for the best:wink:
I still am in favor of kilts

nurse chrissi said:
bono has had COS disorder for years - the only cure is to go shirtless until brave PLEBAns can properly diagnois the disorder in concert. That right - just jeans/leather pants and a straw hat from now on. It will be a hardship but i think it would be for the best:wink:
I still am in favor of kilts

I don't think I have ever agreed with someone so wholeheartedly in my entire life! :yes:

Ladies, lets have a moment of silence in respect for the dearly beloved Elevation T-shirt that lost it's life on a (very!) hot July-evening in Copenhagen in 2001 :angel: -

33%3B%3B664323232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A9578%3A89ot1lsi

33%3B%3B664323232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A9578%3A8%3Bot1lsi

33%3B%3B664323232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A9578%3A92ot1lsi

33%3B%3B664323232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A9578%3A94ot1lsi

33%3B%3B664323232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A9578%3A95ot1lsi

Merc said:

:drool: that pic...gawd I just want to :tongue: :censored:

Ahem...we now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

starsgoblue, you are officially my favourite person here :D (no offense to anyone else). Your diagnosis of this rare and deadly disorder was spot-on :)lol: at the 'general disregard for the way shirts are to be worn'). I believe the said rock star has an even rarer type of COS known commonly as "I'm too sexy for my shirt." or "Type Sexy." Obviously, "rock star" should no longer come in contact with shirts to prevent further harm to these innocent garments. Too many shirts have lost their lives...NO MORE!!

i have witnessed COS disorder with the above mentioned rockstar first hand. However this particular incident was a reverse of roles as the much victimised shirt, having survived years and years of abuse at the hands of this rock star, decided to get its own back, joined forces with a willing candle or cigarette and spontaneously burst into flames on the owners back!
fortunately for all who witnessed this account, said owner managed to remove shirt very quickly :)drool:) and was provided with another shirt from his security that had not suffered prior abuse to wear for the rest of the night.
it was a site to behold ladies and that poor little abused shirt who was desperate enough to sacrifice his own life now gets plenty of love, care and attention on my wall :)

TheWho4Life said:
I'd rip off Edge's shirt... just cause his shirt are awsome... well so in that case I wouldn't litterally rip it... id somehow try and get it over his head so it would be in perfect condition ;)

:) i wouldn't dare to rip off Edge's shirt. especially my fave one- No 7. taking it off him would be much better, but do you think he'd let you do that?

Oh, we are so bad............. but can we help it?? Hell no!

Fortunately our addiction is not harming anyone ~~ it's purely a good thing to be lusting after this man :drool: :wink: :heart:

Merc said:
Ladies, lets have a moment of silence in respect for the dearly beloved Elevation T-shirt that lost it's life on a (very!) hot July-evening in Copenhagen in 2001 :angel: -

33%3B%3B664323232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A9578%3A89ot1lsi

:ohmy:

(shakes her head and comes back to reality)

Ah, erm, yes....the shirt. :sad: My only regret is that I wasn't there for the shirt, I ignored it's pain and didn't even allow it a proper memorial place in my room....

There are a lot of things we can say about the shirt. It had humble begginnings from a mere cotton pod but no, this shirt had ambition! This shirt knew it was going somewhere! And the shirt was right --he went all the way to serving a rock star. Let us try to remember the shirt for it's wonderful and literal 'rags to riches' story and not for its awful demise that always seems to extinguish those who live so passionatley.

AtomicBono said:

starsgoblue, you are officially my favourite person here :D (no offense to anyone else). Your diagnosis of this rare and deadly disorder was spot-on :)lol: at the 'general disregard for the way shirts are to be worn').

I believe the said rock star has an even rarer type of COS known commonly as "I'm too sexy for my shirt." or "Type Sexy." Obviously, "rock star" should no longer come in contact with shirts to prevent further harm to these innocent garments. Too many shirts have lost their lives...NO MORE!!

:hug: AtomicBono :hug:

Yes, I see you are familiar with the disorder of COS Type Sexy....perhaps you are a fellow sufferer :eyebrow: :wink:

This particular type of COS is very difficult to treat alone...it usually requires much encouragement to allow the sufferer to feel able to forego shirt wearing all together. The patientsonly hope of getting better and the only way to save these poor shirts is to go on a worldwide tour and allow himself to be adored by the beautiful women of PLEBA. It's the only way to save the shirts....not one more can lose it's life to this tragic disorder. NO MORE!

digsy said:
i have witnessed COS disorder with the above mentioned rockstar first hand. However this particular incident was a reverse of roles as the much victimised shirt, having survived years and years of abuse at the hands of this rock star, decided to get its own back, joined forces with a willing candle or cigarette and spontaneously burst into flames on the owners back!
fortunately for all who witnessed this account, said owner managed to remove shirt very quickly :)drool:) and was provided with another shirt from his security that had not suffered prior abuse to wear for the rest of the night.
it was a site to behold ladies and that poor little abused shirt who was desperate enough to sacrifice his own life now gets plenty of love, care and attention on my wall :)

That poor shirt had spunk....and a hope! He had a hope that he could escape his tormentor and create a life where he'd be cherished rather than subject to degradation. Thank God for Digsy's kind heart and willinginess to adopt said shirt.....the shirt can live out it's days in freedom from permanent press ironing and humiliation at the hands of said atttractive rock star.

starsgoblue said:
There are a lot of things we can say about the shirt. It had humble begginnings from a mere cotton pod but no, this shirt had ambition! This shirt knew it was going somewhere! And the shirt was right --he went all the way to serving a rock star. Let us try to remember the shirt for it's wonderful and literal 'rags to riches' story and not for its awful demise that always seems to extinguish those who live so passionatley.

Amen! :applaud:

In addition: The shirt of one Adam Clayton did suffer the same horrible fate on the night in question - what a shirt-slaughter is was! :sad: :tsk:

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:

That poor shirt had spunk....and a hope! He had a hope that he could escape his tormentor and create a life where he'd be cherished rather than subject to degradation. Thank God for Digsy's kind heart and willinginess to adopt said shirt.....the shirt can live out it's days in freedom from permanent press ironing and humiliation at the hands of said atttractive rock star.

i promise to share all of your kind words with the shirt tonight, ill know he'll appreciate it.
i have also been speaking to the shirt recently about the several other shirt related attrocities that this rock star has committed and that you have all so kindly shared with me.
the shirt has urged me as a mark of respect to its memory, to run out and save as many shirts as possible from this evil sadistic shirt destroying rockstar. it has begged me to rescue as many of its friends as possible and its a worthy cause i could not say no to.
this may mean getting close to said rock star and forcibly removing shirts myself - its a dirty job but somebody has to do it.

starsgoblue said:

:hug: AtomicBono :hug:

Yes, I see you are familiar with the disorder of COS Type Sexy....perhaps you are a fellow sufferer :eyebrow: :wink:

This particular type of COS is very difficult to treat alone...it usually requires much encouragement to allow the sufferer to feel able to forego shirt wearing all together. The patientsonly hope of getting better and the only way to save these poor shirts is to go on a worldwide tour and allow himself to be adored by the beautiful women of PLEBA. It's the only way to save the shirts....not one more can lose it's life to this tragic disorder. NO MORE!

Nay, I am not a fellow sufferer, but I have been researching this disorder for years...musical, video, and photographic evidence all point to COS Type Sexy. Type Sexy is marked by the uninhibited desire to rip one's own shirt off because the said person is just to sexy to contain self. Even if one does not give into this desire, evidence of such feelings are shown in wearing shirt half unbuttoned in a teasing, you-know-you-want-me manner.
dtzth

du05x

Such behavior leads to insanity in females and even some males across the globe. Even worse, COS Type Sexy is a contagious disease, paticularly to those males closest to the affected. One Adam Clayton has apparently shown signs of COS Type Sexy as testified by Merc. One Larry Mullen Jr. has also shown signs of this disorder by simply refusing to button up his shirt.
du1si

Recently, this patient has taken to treat himself be simply refusing to wear a shirt at all to avoid further harm of innocent upper garments.
du22o

One David Evans, known to many as "The Edge," would be wise to do the same.
du260

Evidence of COS Type Sexy in this man may not be as abundant, but this is an especially delicate case as the shirts he wears are some of the coolest in existence. Such awesome shirts must be preserved and therefore not worn by patient but instead given to fans who will protect and love such shirts.

To conclude, I am in the firm belief that all four members of rock band "U2" show serious signs of COS Type Sexy and should therefore refrain from wearing shirts at all. PLEBAns worldwide will wholeheartedly support their decision to treat themselves and provide encouragement to these four overly-sexy men. :yes:

digsy said:

i promise to share all of your kind words with the shirt tonight, ill know he'll appreciate it.
i have also been speaking to the shirt recently about the several other shirt related attrocities that this rock star has committed and that you have all so kindly shared with me.
the shirt has urged me as a mark of respect to its memory, to run out and save as many shirts as possible from this evil sadistic shirt destroying rockstar. it has begged me to rescue as many of its friends as possible and its a worthy cause i could not say no to.
this may mean getting close to said rock star and forcibly removing shirts myself - its a dirty job but somebody has to do it.

What a brave and wonderful person you are, digsy! You are a hero to shirts worldwide :yes: I would be more than willing to help you remove shirts from the aforementioned rock star... it's all to save the shirts, just to save the shirts! :wink:

I have witnessed one said offender Larry Mullen, Jr. carelessly and wontonly pull his shirt off over his head whilst exiting the stage, 10/10/2001, displaying his lilly white skin for all to revel in .... er, see .... what is this world coming to!

larry_fashion2.jpg

another example of COS:type: Sexy Sub-type - Sexy beast
Examiner cannot obtain if shirt was in fact harmed by ripping buttons off:drool: or if shirt was simply unbuttoned in attempt to prevent female observers from harming shirt.

It appears that subject Adam Clayton suffered from severe COS in the 1980s leading to the highly unconvential therapy as seen in this picture

Young U2 fans - look away

adam_naked.jpg

bono_larry_out.jpg

More damning evidence againist subject mullen. Even though subject apppears dresed for cold weather shirt has been opened to level only acceptable for indoor......events.

:laugh: Oh my gosh, Atomic and Nurse Chrissi! You guys are cracking me up!!!

Yes, you see Larry has embraced his disorder and doesn't attempt to hide it. The Blender picture is a wonderful testament to sufferers of COS worldwide. We need to help encourage Bono to get to this stage....:yes:

Last edited:
nurse chrissi said:
cdukbonoshirtabuse.jpg

subject bono is crying out for help - severe COS disorder as seen in recent picture

:drool: go ahead Bono, rip it off, rip it all off...:drool:

...I mean, the shirt! AHHH! Such horrible abuse! What did the shirt ever do to you, Bono my love? Indeed it seems he is crying for help... the ban on wearing shirts must come into effect immediatley or who knows what this dangerous subject will do! I fear for shirts worldwide! Perhaps it is nessecary for this disturbed rock star to use the "unconventional" therapy used by Adam Clayton :hmm:

[Somewhat off topic] I had a dream last night that at the end of the new Vertigo video, U2 was like randomly naked. All four of them...and it was full-frontal and the station forgot to edit it or something so it was a big deal... but damn it was hot :drool: [/Somewhat off topic]

erm, anyway...Nurse Chrissi, your diagnosis of "sub type: sexy beast" for subject Mullen is dead-on... I mean damn, that pic... :drool: ...er, I mean, I am concerned for the general welfare of shirts and the buttons sewed onto them!!! It appears that subject Bono has this deadly sub-type as well, confirmed by your photographic evidence...

I agree - this is not a cause but an emergency!!

Back
Top Bottom