Bono in the Mail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some of you may or may not remember me. I am the one that posted Unexpected, but oh so cool.

Well, the story continues almost a year to the day...
Yesterday after work, I see this rather unsuspecting 10 X 12 envelope lying on the ground next to the other mail. I really don't think anything of it, other than it may be sheet music for my brother. It lies on the floor all afternoon.

Apparently, it was for my dad because my mom handed it to him after dinner yesterday. He tries looking at the stamp to see where it's from, but I guess he couldn't figure out that "Eire" is Ireland. He opens it and starts laughing. He won't show me, but he takes my mom into the dinning room to show her. I hear an "Oh my God" and my mom saying, "YOU HAVE TO SHOW LAUREN!" My dad argues that he wants to hold it back for my birthday, but of course, he gives in to my mom.

My mom calls me over and I look and it's the picture of Bono and I together- now reading in purple Sharpie, "Bono 4 Lauren 2004." I start shaking and I'm like, "NO FREAKING WAY!!!!!!" My dad told me he wrote Bono back in November thanking him for being so nice on that 'beautiful day' on June 11, 2003 and asked if he'd sign the picture and had sent a self-addressed, self-stamped envelope, but Bono used his own enveloped (though I don't think he personally addressed it) and paid his own postage (Be that way, Bono!).

He won't tell me where he sent the letter, so don't ask because I don't know. He won't even tell my mom.

So, that's that. Bono strikes, yet again. And I hope he continues to do so :sexywink:

That's sooooo freakin' awesome!!!! :up:

If the same situation presented itself to me, I hope my dad would do the same.

waaw this is really sweet. you lucky girl! cherish that picture and of course those beautiful moments!!
i read the event of that beautiful day and i read you met a belgian guy... do you have an email adress of him. because i propably will go to dublin in september and i could use some advise and help

Wow, nice Dad you've got. And great of Bono too of course!!
Although your father must have thought bono had forgotten about him since he sent this letter in november?!

this certainly made your day , it would make mine although i'd be pleased enough just meeting the man:drool:

Thanks guys!

All of you are great! Over the weekend I should have it scanned up so you can get a visual of the 'scratches' on the side :lol:

I'll try and do my best with personal responses, as I see at least one of you had questions. I'm online most of the time during the day, so you can IM me at U2 Mrs Bono or Bono Kissed Me.

Thanks again, guys! Interference people are wayyy cooler than the Zootopians!

PLEASE remember - the U2 community should be ONE. I'M SURE THAT'S THE WAY BONO WOULD WANT US TO BE!:ohmy:

Please take the Blessing that you have received, Lauren, and use that Blessing to produce POSITIVE AND LOVING VIBRATIONS to others - not negativity.

I'm sure that is what Bono would want you to do.:yes:

WE'RE ONE - BUT WE'RE NOT THE SAME. WE GET TO CARRY EACH OTHER.:up: :bono: :heart: :heart: :hug: :angel:

Thanks, White_Dove, so am I. :wink:

The important thing for ALL of us to remember is that we should BE ONE international U2 community - ready AND WILLING to help each other and support each other, NOT TO TEAR EACH OTHER UP AND SELFISHLY KEEP OUR BLESSINGS TO OURSELVES.:ohmy:

That is the quick way for the Universe to decide to bless someone else who will LIVE UP TO THEIR BLESSING.

And definitely dividing ourselves IS NOT WHAT U2, especially BONO, would want us to do.

Love and Respect to All....:up: :hug:

MY ETERNAL LOVE. RESPECT and DEVOTION to U2 and Bono for showing us THE WAY HOME!:bono: :heart: :heart: :angel: :wave:

Back
Top Bottom