Bono in Switzerland today 02/29/2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2jesusgirl

Daisy
Dreaming Beneath the Desert Sky of Arizona
Ali Hewson (Bonos wife), U2 lead singer Bono and Balthus wife Setsuko Klossowska de la Rola participate in a memorial service for the 100th birthday of the Polish-French artist Balthus, in Rossiniere, Switzerland, 29 February 2008. Balthus was born 29 February 1908 in Paris as Balthazar Klossowski and died 18 February 2001 at the Grand Chalet de Rossiniere.

8627198.jpg

8627172.jpg

8627155.jpg

Is this Balthus who painted this?

balthuszz3.jpg

I can't say I like his work, but it seems he's a quite famous painter.:hmm:

Thanks! I have always found it interesting that Bono was friends with Balthus. He tells some great stories about their relationship in the book Bono in conversation. I'm not a fan of Balthus' work as a painter but I like the respect B has for him and his family.

emmabergstrom said:
He looks amazing!

Thanks for the news (and pics) JG and Javiu2 :)
u2jesusgirl said:

Thank you javiu2 for the ones without watermarks!!
BonoFox1 said:

Thank you Javi

;)

Thank you to all PLEBAS!!

Bono was at the funeral of Balthus in 2001

During the service, Bono, the lead singer of the rock band U2, sang for the crowd of 350 mourners, which included the revered French photographer Henri Cartier- Bresson, the Aga Kahn and the Australian supermodel Elle McPherson.

22401mc6.jpg

-------------
U2Miracle.com

onekea said:
mot, I see EVERYTHING now :wink:

:) :up:

And I could only get little versions of the pics from the link you posted.

BAli.jpg

Gg, :wave: Long time, no see!!! :hug:

Carek1230 said:
I love the character lines in Bono's forehead. Sexy.

Seriously, I agree. I think he looks very intense here. And I find his hair funny, just the way it is styled. It's longer now on top, I like that. It may be the rain or humidity, but it looks quite funny.

Back
Top Bottom