Bono in Switzerland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonoishot said:

GG2. :hug: I just posted that in my post on previous page. :lol:

I think Molly is right. Its a common misconception in the US.

I'm usually amazed that Americans generally know what's going on in the rest of the world.

And yes, the Austria/Australia confusion - it's actually Americans who get that wrong the most "Oh you speak English really well!" :madspit:

redhotswami said:
hey now, give some of us some credit! some of us in the U.S. are awesome and well informed :)

:up:

It's so wrong that Americans have this reputation of being oblivious to the world around them.

Val said:

:up:

It's so wrong that Americans have this reputation of being oblivious to the world around them.

just for the record, that's not what I was saying at all. Just that it is a common misconception among Americans that Ireland is part of the UK. That certainly doesn't mean I think all Americans think that, or that all Americans are stupid. :huh:

love2bmama said:

just for the record, that's not what I was saying at all. Just that it is a common misconception among Americans that Ireland is part of the UK. That certainly doesn't mean I think all Americans think that, or that all Americans are stupid. :huh:

I wasn't responding to anything you may or may not have said. At least I don't think I was.

blueeyedgirl said:

I'm usually amazed that Americans generally know what's going on in the rest of the world.

And yes, the Austria/Australia confusion - it's actually Americans who get that wrong the most "Oh you speak English really well!" :madspit:

so nice of you to turn this into an America bashing thread :|

Just before this thread turns into a completly different (and wrong) direction:
Thank you for all the pictures. I feel, too, that B looks a bit tired and worn out, noticed it at Sundance already, but I think that's normal in his position, he is human after all and there has been a lot of stress recently for him. There's a lot of pressure and he is putting so much effort in everything he does. I guess it's normal to be tired at this stage. He will be okay if he get's a little rest. Let's just stop bitching about the man's appearance and instead applaud him for his tireless efforts.
I feel that he is still a very beautiful person, very warm and caring.

hm, I thought he looked quite well, considered he flew to the US and back in what.. one week? Jetlag doesn't seem to effect him at all.

And I agree with last unicorn, :applaud: for his persistence and stubbornness (not taking no for an answer).

last unicorn said:
Just before this thread turns into a completly different (and wrong) direction:
Thank you for all the pictures. I feel, too, that B looks a bit tired and worn out, noticed it at Sundance already, but I think that's normal in his position, he is human after all and there has been a lot of stress recently for him. There's a lot of pressure and he is putting so much effort in everything he does. I guess it's normal to be tired at this stage. He will be okay if he get's a little rest. Let's just stop bitching about the man's appearance and instead applaud him for his tireless efforts.
I feel that he is still a very beautiful person, very warm and caring.

Hey, who wouldn't look tired and washed out living his life, right? I mean, the man is constandtly on the go, probably doesn't sleep nearly enough, but no matter how tired he may look, how many wrinkles he may have on that beautiful face of his, he is so incredibly ... amazing!

Wrinkles, tiredness, it doesn't really matter. He is truly amazing with all the things that he does for the well being of this world.

Instead of being negative I applaud him because he is a person who gives a shit. :applaud:

greety said:
hm, I thought he looked quite well, considered he flew to the US and back in what.. one week? Jetlag doesn't seem to effect him at all.

And I agree with last unicorn, :applaud: for his persistence and stubbornness (not taking no for an answer).

hello Greet :wave:

same for me, Bono gets nothing but applause for his continued efforts! :applaud:

vaz02 said:

yeah but you cant diagree like that on this forum as you know, its bannable.

actually, I believe if you read the fine print of the by-laws you'll find that I'm safe as I was disagreeing in *favor* of Bono. You, on the other hand, having made a previous negative statement about the man (and not just about him, but about his face. His FACE, people!)...well, it's been nice knowing ya. :wave:

I think Bono looks just fine. It's a policy forum, not a stage appearance.

And he'll be back in the States at the weekend for the Edun show during Fall fashion week (at least, I assume he will since he usually shows up to support Ali.) They're holding it at a yet-to-be-determined spot Sunday, the last show of the day.

I don't think photos ever do him justice. I'm perfectly fine accepting that he's tired and needs a good rest (Lord knows he deserves one), but it would be hard to say so just based on a few photos. When I met him for the first time, he was really happy, smiley, almost shy in a giggly sort of way. Then we got our photos back and he wasn't really smiling (we were probably taking pics while he was talking), his eyes did not look as bright - overall we were surprised at how terribly they represented our very pleasant encounter with Bono.

Photos always age you, make you look bigger, and cannot properly capture the atmosphere of the moment unless you're a photographic genius or the photo is posed.

Be a shame when blair goes , love watching tony and bono together , gordon brown doesnt have that coolness..

Anyway isn't Davos suppposed to be a prime opportunity for all the business folk and politicians to get together and have meetings from first thing in the morning to late into the night. I bet Bono's been taking full advantage of that and has been burning the candle at both ends so no wonder he might look a bit tired.

silvrlvr said:
I think Bono looks just fine. It's a policy forum, not a stage appearance.

And he'll be back in the States at the weekend for the Edun show during Fall fashion week (at least, I assume he will since he usually shows up to support Ali.) They're holding it at a yet-to-be-determined spot Sunday, the last show of the day.

here a little more info:

http://www.mbfashionweek.com/newyork/fall2007/schedule/

sunday feb 4th , 7-9 pm location offsite, TBA

Back
Top Bottom