Bono in Switzerland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonocomet said:
Did anyone notice right before Bonos speech, while someone else was talking (I can't remember who) the camera was on Bono and he looked like he was about to lose it if he didn't get to say something soon. It looked like he even sort of rolled his eyes, and he got all fidgety and sat back and raised his arms or something.

Yes, I totally noticed that. too I thought he was annoyed at the line of questioning...

w.jpg

s.jpg

q.jpg

k.jpg

Galeongirl said:

:giggle:

:love: Great shots Kelly! He looks happy :cute:

but he isn't unfortunately:

U2 frontman BONO has urged world governments to keep their promise to cancel third world debt. The campaigning rocker is concerned that politicians aren't sticking to the G8 agreement to double African aid to $47 billion (GBP24 billion) by 2010. Speaking at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, the BEAUTIFUL DAY rocker says, "There were some serious promises made. "The cheques were signed but as you know, politicians like signing cheques but they don't like cashing them. "Two years on, it's time to take the temperature. If those promises are not kept ... it will make a generation of cynics. I don't believe that's going to happen, I am optimistic we're going to get through this."

28/01/2007 14:37

Well, his still optimistic. Bono's idealism is really amazing. I really hope that all his efforts will lead to something good eventually.

last unicorn said:
Well, his still optimistic. Bono's idealism is really amazing. I really hope that all his efforts will lead to something good eventually.

What is it that Oprah called Bono at the opening of her show with him. The King of Hope? or something like that.
Yes, regardless, Bono is an optimist, but he also realizes that he needs to keep knocking on doors and keep the issues alive and heard, or people forget. Love that man.

Oh man. These are hard to look at. Please, at least grow it out on the top :scream: :|

I'm afraid it's time to stop zooming in on such huge closeups, too many flaws show up :sigh: (I'd also hate if anyone did that to me!)

Aw, don't think of them as flaws! :wink: I am all about letting people get older with grace, I'm so over the super-botoxed youth-obsessed look! I say age looks great on a person, and not just Bono.

Thanks to everyone who posted links for this. It was really inspiring to watch, and very motivating! I hope that with everyone pulling together this can be a decade of change for Africa.

U2Kitten said:
Oh man. These are hard to look at. Please, at least grow it out on the top :scream: :|

I'm afraid it's time to stop zooming in on such huge closeups, too many flaws show up :sigh: (I'd also hate if anyone did that to me!)

Too many flaws!!! That man isn't flawed at all! :eyebrow:

kellyahern said:

i dunno what he is saying here, i haven't seen the vid yet, so he could be burping for all i know. but he just looks really really inspired. maybe it is an inspired burp! just look at his eyes!!

a very brilliant and passionate man. politicians are really crooked if they can say yes to his face and break their promises and walk away from THAT BEAUTIFUL MAN!

U2Kitten said:
I'm afraid it's time to stop zooming in on such huge closeups, too many flaws show up :sigh:

I disagree. I remember the late John Paul II said something along the lines of "Man is glorious, even in his flaws." I think he was thinking of Bono when he said that. :heart:

Back
Top Bottom