Bono in Switzerland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you everybody for the pics. I watched him live yesterday , he seemed very nervous but he was so cute :angel:

It's good to know that Bono is still nervous at events like that. He's not super-cool, he's human after all. He is a very eloquent speaker and obviously very respected by all the political and business leaders. That really says a lot about him. He's so much more than just a celebrity taking on some cause.
Does anyone know if he's still in Davos? I think the WEF ends today, but I may be wrong about it.

U2Girl1978 said:
Um, you would think when he goes to these important events that he would take his sunglasses off and not wear a friggin sweater underneath. I don't care if you are a famous rock star. :|

But, thats him.
It just goes to show that he is not intimidated by any of them.
I admire the take me as I am, this is what I have to say and I don't need to impress you by what I am wearing in order to get my point across.

last unicorn said:

Come on, when has Bono ever taken his sunglasses off at such events? He's permanently being photographed and apparently quite sensitive to it. Bono is Bono, the man sticks to his style. I don't care. It does not matter how he looks but what he represents and what he says.
BTW, since when is B from the "United Kingdom". Strange. :scratch:
But I guess it's because the DATA headquaters are in London.

And: Thank you all for the great photos and the audio link!!!

Ireland is actually part of the UK.

love2bmama said:

finally, incontrovertable proof, the world does indeed revolve around Bono :yes :

:lmao:

Thanks for the pics and links to the audio girls. :love::hug: I missed the webcast as i was on my way home from work. :grumpy:

Just to clear things up re the UK. The UK only consists of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Republic Ireland is just on its own, nothing to do with UK.

I love the way he goes to these events as himself with the hoodie and sunglasses. If anyone there objected I'm sure he'd be told to smarten up. :wink:

He looks soo hot. :combust:

And his knowledge is impressive. I'm so proud he gets invited to these events. :)

JCOSTER said:

But, thats him.
It just goes to show that he is not intimidated by any of them.
I admire the take me as I am, this is what I have to say and I don't need to impress you by what I am wearing in order to get my point across.

:yes: exactly! I love that he knows he doesn't have to change his look to fit in better, he knows it's not about how he looks but what he says.

JCOSTER said:

I think that's a really common misconception in the US in particular, and that's probably why he is referred to as being from the UK a lot of times.

In this case, I wonder if it's because he's part of a UK delegation to the WEF? Maybe Ireland doesn't have a presence there, and that's why he's listed as UK? :shrug:

JCOSTER said:

it is NOT!

NORTHERN Ireland is part of the UK...

there also is the REPUBLIC of Ireland, in which Bono lives, which is NOT part of the UK....

where do you think all the troubles were about all those years???

Oh oh, Irish people won't be happy to hear that.
But I guess it's a common misconception like confusing Austria with Australia. I have lived here all my life and have never seen a cangaroo. :wink:

I'm trying to find if the video is online already:)
woohoo it is!
I'll try if I can download it :)

*edit*

Downloading now :wink: and it's an avi already, so I don't have to convert it!

Galeongirl said:

it is NOT!

there also is the REPUBLIC of Ireland, in which Bono lives, which is NOT part of the UK....

Errr. haven't been in school for a few years dear.:huh:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

GG can you post the link!?

well the avi did not work after all, have been having that every time, so I got the flv file... it's converted into avi and uploading at the moment :)

but it's the same as the adiopodcast, only seven minutes! :(

Galeongirl said:

well the avi did not work after all, have been having that every time, so I got the flv file... it's converted into avi and uploading at the moment :)

but it's the same as the adiopodcast, only seven minutes! :(

i missed the podcast/webcast yesterday and wanted to see the video.. So if it's seven min.. I'm ok with that..

is it on youtube or google video yet?

Thanks for that Gg! I really hope a download of Bonos entire speech will be available, I like how he got an applause from the room afterward, or better yet, a download of the entire thing. It was really interesting hearing all of them.

Galeongirl said:

it is NOT!

GG2. :hug: I just posted that in my post on previous page. :lol:

I think Molly is right. Its a common misconception in the US.

Last edited:
bonoishot said:

:hyper::drool: No idea where you found it but :bow:

:shifty: the next message will erase itself from your memory right after you read it...

:whistle: I got it from their own site, they upped it on google video, and I can download that... :angel:

Did anyone notice right before Bonos speech, while someone else was talking (I can't remember who) the camera was on Bono and he looked like he was about to lose it if he didn't get to say something soon. It looked like he even sort of rolled his eyes, and he got all fidgety and sat back and raised his arms or something.

Back
Top Bottom