Bono in S. France now! Must be vacation time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BonoFox1 said:

Well there are 18 and over clubs in California, even since I was that age and Im talking decades ago :|
they just dont serve you alcohol

Yeah I know about those, but they aren't the same as the regular bars and clubs, at least here in SD anyways... they aren't very popular with anyone 21 and up I guess, and I don't think there are very many.

u2jesusgirl said:

Ali was there the whole time and they don' t even know it is his wife???!!! What idiots!!!!!!! It is so nice to finally see her in something tho. HORRAY!!!

Well things wouldnt be exciting if they didnt twist the whole thing and we would not have had as many views and responses in one ay old thread :D

I wish I was a model/actress and Id love lies and rumors about Bono and me :giggle:

Thanks people for all the photos and links to videos too and photos :D

They all look great :D Its great to see they having a good time :D

Jordan is very pretty too as well as eve. I bet a lot of men stare at them you know the eye look. ;)

the press was out to making money and twist things around ;)
Great to see Ali was there :D

I bet Larry, Adam and Edge are glad they`ve got such a flirt for a bandmate - they`re being left totally alone and in peace! I wonder how much they pay him to divert the attention off them?:larry: :adam: :edge: :happy: :giggle:

After watching this whole video (getting on the boat) becomes VERY obvious that (as some of you had mentioned already) the fact he grabbed their hands was because he was totally protective of them. The crown of photographers and regular people on the beach was just over the top. I couldn't believe how many people would just not give them space and followed them all the way to the boat. It's moments like this I am glad not to be a celeb. Yikes!! But has anyone else noticed that Ali was totally unimpressed with the whole crowd. She usually has a smile on her face.... but in this video, both her and Helena are just so ..... not into the whole thing.

Yes I agree I thought Ali looked really annoyed with the crowd and invasion of privacy. I wonder where they will go for their silver wedding this August? If this sort of media attention continues I think they`ll probably move on somewhere more private though I can imagine they`ll behaving a big party at some point!

aaa.jpg

Last edited:
First Paris, now this, I think it's being too quiet a summer for paparazi, they seem determined to set up a story about Bono and if they go on sieging their house like this, he will have to take protective measures against these assaults to his privacy, all the worst for his fans who have always enjoy his friendly and open character. Shame.:mad:

:crazy: :yikes: Maybe I'm mad :yes: but I was so releived to see that Ali was there and just out of shot.

I have to admit it made me feel a little uncomfortable, especially with all the suggestive pix around until I just watched the vid and noticed her. It's like phew....there goes normality in the shape of Ali.

And I agree w/other comments made here: the ppl/photographers on that beach were disgusting. I felt really sorry for Bono and the others. I'll bet when Bono and the others finally got on that boat they were saying 'thank f*** for that! Assholes! etc :lol:

And I can't believe that ppl can be so rude and inconsiderate of other folk. That walk along the beach was like a circus. If that's how they and other celebs have to live then they're welcome to it...:crazy:

Last edited:
After watching the videos I agree mostly with he was being sort of protective of them. I think that the main thing that makes it look suspicious is the way Penelope is acting. She looks like she is in love with him. You can't blame her for that but with her reputation as a home wrecker it just makes the situation with Bono look questionable. The pics with Bono and Helena looks totally platonic because she isn't all googly eyed at him. The video with Helena and Ali upsets me. They don't look happy at all. I don't care how long Bono and Ali have been married or how secure she is in the relationship, it can't feel good to have it all over the news that your husband is rumored to be having an affair with another woman, especially when he so openly shows affection with that woman. I love Bono and all but I think he needs to put some space between him and Penelope. He may be totally innocent and God knows it does his ego good to be seen with beautiful women but it has got to affect Ali at least to some degree and her feelings should be his first priority.

Nuala said:
After watching the videos I agree mostly with he was being sort of protective of them. I think that the main thing that makes it look suspicious is the way Penelope is acting. She looks like she is in love with him. You can't blame her for that but with her reputation as a home wrecker it just makes the situation with Bono look questionable. The pics with Bono and Helena looks totally platonic because she isn't all googly eyed at him. The video with Helena and Ali upsets me. They don't look happy at all. I don't care how long Bono and Ali have been married or how secure she is in the relationship, it can't feel good to have it all over the news that your husband is rumored to be having an affair with another woman, especially when he so openly shows affection with that woman. I love Bono and all but I think he needs to put some space between him and Penelope. He may be totally innocent and God knows it does his ego good to be seen with beautiful women but it has got to affect Ali at least to some degree and her feelings should be his first priority.

I'm not saying you're wrong Nuala, but it could be that Ali isn't happy because her daughters were also caught up in all that chaos. I think Ali is very protective of her children and she's mentioned before that their pirvacy is very important.

Nuala said:

I totally agree with everything you just said. I have kept my opinion quiet until I made sure most of the story was out. I was very relieved to see Ali, however, like Nuala, I feel that she felt soooo uncomfortable with the whole thing. Ali seems to be an easygoing, always smiling, kind of gal, and you can tell in the video that she is uneasy about something, whether it is the annoying photogs or the whole Penelope deal.

I agree with others in this forum that say that they do not like Penelope. I personally can't stand her. I never have liked her, even when she was with Tom and Matthew. She just rubs me the wrong way. I can't help it...

Jordan was definitely in the boat too. I believe that both daughters had friends with them.

I just hope that all this bull**** gets resolved soon.

Bono is too good to be sucked into drama...at least I hope so.

You know my theory is that because the media seems to be so interested in Bono's (and his 'girlfriends' :rolleyes: ) movements that they are purposely distracting the press, so that Ali and the rest of Bono's family can be left in peace!! :yes: I Say, good on ya Bono for protecting your family and taking the flack like the gorgeous alfa male you are!!! :D

hcbiggs2002 said:
You know my theory is that because the media seems to be so interested in Bono's (and his 'girlfriends' :rolleyes: ) movements that they are purposely distracting the press, so that Ali and the rest of Bono's family can be left in peace!! :yes: I Say, good on ya Bono for protecting your family and taking the flack like the gorgeous alfa male you are!!! :D

Yeah, of course it can be the reason... but here in Spain the pics are everywhere, and they are making up everything they can think of....

And today after I woke up from bed I went to read the newspaper, and there they were... in the last page :rant:

Of course.... no images of Ali, Jordan and Eve...:wink:

I hate that kind of press.... :madspit:

Last edited:
:hmm:

Which member of U2 is up to no good then?

As I said earlier I think Larry, Edge and Adam have paid him well to divert the attention. Or maybe Larry is claiming payback for having to listen to B`s speaches on stage :yes: :giggle: :evil:

Props to Ali. :bow:

This struck me as puzzling and I guess it's the contradiction thing that is so much of who Bono is and why I find him so intriguing.... :drool:
Remember on 60 Minutes when Bono said that they make their summer home in the South of France because the French don't care about famous people? WT?? I guess it's the pap's that are causing the frenzy, but some by-standers were swarming them also. I think that vid proves him wrong. Famous people get swarmed and recognized because they want to I think. I don't mean that in a disrepectful way, I am just saying that if they wanted to keep a low profile they easily could, but I think The Hewson party wants to keep it somewhat real (for the uber-rich circle) by interacting with the locals. By doing so they pay a price...it's called privacy. They just have to put up with the attention they abosolutely knew they would get. Especially when you bring along beautiful actresses and models to hang out with.
I don't feel bad for them....but ya, it's so rude how people just swarm and follow and point and yell and stare.

I think the whole circus was just started because of Penelope, not Bono or any of his friends and relatives. Bono, the band and their families have been going to France for so many years now, there would never be such a frenzy when they are seen on the beach. It's Penelope, she's attracting the media and paparazzi like flies. So Bono and anyone with him is drawn into that. I just feel sorry for his family. Bono is always having friends staying at his house, with him, his mates and his family, it's a shame that this particular visit is causing such a drama.

Personally, I couldn't care less about the media reporting, I have seen almost NOTHING about that here and I don't read tabloids.

I also have no negative feelings towards Penelope, I don't know much about her, only saw her assoziated with Bono and Product (Red). However, I think she is very pretty. But I also agree with someone who said earlier in this thread, that she is acting as if she was in love with Bono. Maybe it's a fatherly thing for him, trying to protect her from all the frenzy. Maybe it's something different for her (can't blame her), but with Bono I don't see any chances this chick will get this man.

Well.... here in Spain, we know more things about her :wink:

Now she's supossedly been saying that Bono is her hero and model because of his humanitarian work and musical career...

But two years ago, when she attended to one of the U2 shows in Spain..... she was asked what was his favourite U2 song.... and doubting and not knowing what to say she said.... all of them...

She's not that good actress so she's making way by standing near movie stars.... and now.... music stars....

Jeannieco said:
Props to Ali. :bow:

This struck me as puzzling and I guess it's the contradiction thing that is so much of who Bono is and why I find him so intriguing.... :drool:
Remember on 60 Minutes when Bono said that they make their summer home in the South of France because the French don't care about famous people? WT?? I guess it's the pap's that are causing the frenzy, but some by-standers were swarming them also. I think that vid proves him wrong. Famous people get swarmed and recognized because they want to I think. I don't mean that in a disrepectful way, I am just saying that if they wanted to keep a low profile they easily could, but I think The Hewson party wants to keep it somewhat real (for the uber-rich circle) by interacting with the locals. By doing so they pay a price...it's called privacy. They just have to put up with the attention they abosolutely knew they would get. Especially when you bring along beautiful actresses and models to hang out with.
I don't feel bad for them....but ya, it's so rude how people just swarm and follow and point and yell and stare.

Yeah, I guess Bono spoke too soon about the French not bothering him because they are to stuck up their own arses. I'm wondering if they will end up finding a new vacation home if the South of France ends up being too intrusive. What I found hilarious is that it seemed to me that even with the two beauties around more people seemed to be hollering to Bono than to the two girls, and it sounded to me like at least some of the "you're beautiful" comments were addressed to Bono. I think Bono's celebrity has reached Beatle mania proportions but he has managed it much better. The Beatles had no chance to manage theirs because there had never been anything at that level before. But honestly, even the most jaded people seem to go ga-ga over Bono.

Dana

^ I don't think so, as I said before, I believe the frenzy was mostly caused by Penelope and not Bono, because people are used to seing him around, maybe except some tourists.

I think we're over-dramatizing things here by assuming that Bono is attracting all his hype and that he doesn't have a privacy because of his celebrity. I think he can have enough privacy for himself and his family, wherever he is, if he wants to.

Btw, I found the "You're beautiful" calls, clearly directed at Penelope, a bit sleazy. Bono reacting with "Thank you" was great! :lol:

Ya, Bono's celebrity is beyond superstardom, he is an icon and living legend amoung us. What a trip that must be on your mind. No where to hide.
And yes, he handles it with as much grace as anyone I've ever noticed in the spotlight. And don't forget, behind every great man there is a great woman. Her name is Ali.

Lobe said:
she was asked what was his favourite U2 song.... and doubting and not knowing what to say she said.... all of them...

If she was a real fan, she wouldn't keep him out partying until 4 AM during a time when the music was just pouring out of U2 :madwife:

u2jesusgirl said:

I know that this is mainly a girls part of the site but goooooood God is Helena Christensen hot or what!?!? Look at that amazing body!! Reeealy beautiful and sexy.... and hot!! And she must be pretty interesting if Bono hangs out with her so much. Ssssssssmoking hot she is!!! :combust:

I'm with everone that has been saying that this is nothing other than friendship.
As several of you has said, I don't think he would "cheat" on Ali this openly in front of other family members and Ali herself.

My theory?
The all want to be in U2's new video.
Gisele Bunchen,Christy Turlington, Helena Christensen, Penelope Cruz...:wink:

No, seriously I don't think we need to worry about this little drama.
I belive the tabloids are using this to sell a few copies that's it.

bonohero said:

I totally agree with everything you just said. I have kept my opinion quiet until I made sure most of the story was out. I was very relieved to see Ali, however, like Nuala, I feel that she felt soooo uncomfortable with the whole thing. Ali seems to be an easygoing, always smiling, kind of gal, and you can tell in the video that she is uneasy about something, whether it is the annoying photogs or the whole Penelope deal.

I agree with others in this forum that say that they do not like Penelope. I personally can't stand her. I never have liked her, even when she was with Tom and Matthew. She just rubs me the wrong way. I can't help it...

Jordan was definitely in the boat too. I believe that both daughters had friends with them.

I just hope that all this bull**** gets resolved soon.

Bono is too good to be sucked into drama...at least I hope so.

Hey, I think I agree with you guys. This Penelope gooey eyed Cuisey floozey, with assets hanging out all over the show, just ain't no good... I think it kinda sleazifies Bono that he constantly lets himself be photographed with various scantily clad models and the likes, but hey it's all probably just good "fun", if not some kind of publicity stunt..... If I were a mega-rich-god-like rock star I'm sure I'd be up to much worse ;-)

However, what makes me worry is that video clip with Helene and Ali. Looks almost like Helene is consoling Ali...?

I'd hate to be a rock star's (or any other kind of celeb's) wife. But wow, what a life style!!!! :)

IsDinnerReady said:

However, what makes me worry is that video clip with Helene and Ali. Looks almost like Helene is consoling Ali...?

I'd hate to be a rock star's (or any other kind of celeb's) wife. But wow, what a life style!!!! :)

I think you're reading far to much into the situation! :huh: To me they just looked like they were waiting impatiently for the car to arrive to take them away from all the prying media!! :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom