Bono in S. France now! Must be vacation time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kimby said:

So true! We fans (mostly) know...but outside of that (despite the whole Edun thing) most don't. Even people in the media!

I remember a couple of years ago somebody here posted a pic of Bono & Ali at a function in South Africa. It came from BBC news and said "Bono and unknown female companion"!

If the BBC don't know...:|

Ah jaysus, you had me laughing out loud with the "unknown female companion" quote! :lmao: For shame on the BBC!! :shame: But it certainly does explain why the media is in such a frenzy over this, coz if a reputable news source like the BBC don't even know who Ali is, I sincerely doubt those pavarottis, sorry I mean, paparazzi's :whistle: would know Ali is Bono's wife is or who his daughters (coz I think I even spotted Jordan in some of those pics and video clips) are!?! :tsk:

So please, those of you doubting Bono's love for Ali, don't believe a word of it!!
e040.gif

I'm sure Bono isn't doing anything wrong in front of his children and wife, even if he were, it's not us who must judge or ask questions, we don't have any right, it's only Ali's.
We often forget that he's a rock star and he surely enjoys doing "rock star stuff", he doesn't like being considered "a Mother Theressa" and he's said it quite often, but tabloids and media in general are going too far these days.
Some of you have already pointed out that holding hands and kissing friends is common in Europe and it doesn't involve anything romantic, well, it depends on the place, the companions and the looks, ... being with the wife doesn't seem very suspicious to me.
As for Penelope, I'm not defending her, she is not one of my favourite Spanish actresses, but I know she colaborated for years with an organisation taking care of abandoned sick children, and it was not only money she had a personal implication with them. Nevertheless, I think she has made great mistakes with her career since moving to the US, I can't stop thinking that a star is always surrounded by paparazzi because s/he calls them. Why is she wearing a long, black dress on the beach?

rihannsu said:
Very early in U2's career Bono spoke of an incident at one of the venues in the US. He and Ali were walking around backstage after a show holding hands when venue security literally ripped her away from him and tried to throw her out in spite of the fact that he was yelling at them that she was his wife. It took Paul McGuiness to straighten the whole thing out. So that right there is a good precedent for Bono to hold on to his companions when there is a crush around.

Dana

:lmao: oh my, I had never heard this before!!! must've been hillarious to see!

also, yes, it's completely normal here in Europe to hug and hold hands and kiss friends on the cheeks, or even lips..... :wink: I can remember the reactions of some people here when I told them I had hugged a teacher, and got kisses on the cheek when I graduated.... well, in my country that's normal if you're close to someone but apparently in america that's a big no no!

I think this story has been taken out of context so badly, and I"m not very surprised that the Dutch press isn't interested in it at all... :shrug:

I'm European and French, and I never kiss my friends on their lips :ohmy: I kiss them on their cheeks. I don't hold their hands neither. I shake hands with people I don't know. And I'm far from being a cold person.

However, I'm not shocked with Bono's holding Penelope Cruz's hand, as others said before, it looks more like a protective attitude than a romantic one. If I was surrounded by a crowd like this, i'm pretty sure, my male friends would do the same. But that's because of a specific situation.

Something funny, at the end of the video, when the guy is shooting Helena and Ali, after a few seconds only, he says :"well...I think I'm going back home now" as if there was nothing interesting to shoot now.

Besides, I don't like the attitude of the crowd, all the kids following Bono and Penelope, shouting at them, etc...but I have to say that Bono and her do have a good reaction, they smile, wave hands, talk a little bit (I think I even heard Bono saying 'au revoir' lol)... on the other hand, Ali and Helena look very upset and make no effort to be nice, that's a pity. The guy doesn't sound impolite. At the end, Helena's face changes when she recognizes a friend / someone she knows, and she says helloooo with a sweet voice. I mean, she could have done the same with someone she didn't know, no big deal, isnt it?

I know they must have had enough of such situations in public, but hey! it's St Tropez!!! It is a star place y definition , believe me, paparazzis are all over the place, and famous people go there knowing it. Each summer, it's the same game.

Last edited:
Galeongirl said:
I can remember the reactions of some people here when I told them I had hugged a teacher, and got kisses on the cheek when I graduated....

yeah, that doesn't shock me neither. End of the school year, good rapport with your teacher, there's nothing wrong.

MissMaCo said:
I'm European and French, and I never kiss my friends on their lips :ohmy: I kiss them on their cheeks. I don't hold their hands neither. I shake hands with people I don't know. And I'm far from being a cold person.
yep same here, but some people kiss on the lips, I know a few :)

Bono may flirt and hold hands like that with other women,but his heart will always belong to 1 women,that's Ali,his wife. He always said he'd be lost without her.I remember at the Boston Dec. 4,05 Vertigo show(I wasn't there I wasn't able to go to that one,but my friend was and I have a bootleg CD of that show)during Elevation he said "I can flirt...I'm a married man,but I can flirt."I have no doubt at all about his love for Ali.I figured she'd be with that group,it's just they weren't showing her,of course.They want to blow it way out of porportion.

Bono'sLady said:
Bono may flirt and hold hands like that with other women,but his heart will always belong to 1 women,that's Ali,his wife. He always said he'd be lost without her.I remember at the Boston Dec. 4,05 Vertigo show(I wasn't there I wasn't able to go to that one,but my friend was and I have a bootleg CD of that show)during Elevation he said "I can flirt...I'm a married man,but I can flirt."I have no doubt at all about his love for Ali.I figured she'd be with that group,it's just they weren't showing her,of course.They want to blow it way out of porportion.

He says the same thing on the Milan DVD. It's adorable! Honestly, I've never seen a man worship the ground his wife walks on like Bono does with Ali. I just find the whole thing hilarious because it seems to be breaking news all of a sudden that Bono likes to touch people. :ohmy: I had no idea!

We better hope the mainstream press never gets wind of the pictures of Bono kissing Adam and Edge. :yikes: :lol:

Last edited:
If I wasn't such a computer dummy and knew how to upload pics from another thread, you bet I'd post the pic of Bono and Ali walking on the beach in Ireland holding hands. Then I'd add...where's the paparazzi?

Val said:
If I wasn't such a computer dummy and knew how to upload pics from another thread, you bet I'd post the pic of Bono and Ali walking on the beach in Ireland holding hands. Then I'd add...where's the paparazzi?

^Exactly.

I'm in the USA but work somewhere that employs men from Europe and Mexico, so I get hugs and kisses from them daily.... it's not too bad. :wink:

and one is married and I get the same from his wife, so yeah, it's no big deal! I think it's nice, and over time I sometimes see some of them stop with those greetings the longer they have been here in the US culture, and it always makes me feel a bit sad, but I guess they want to blend in.

Anyways... yeah I'm sick of all this too... I hope the press get some great photos of Bono and Ali on their anniversary, of course this is probably one of the few sites where we will see them! :shrug:

If the band would just release some music, even beach clips, I can guarantee there will be shorter threads like this. It's 'cause we don't have anything else to talk about! :)

hillers said:
Oh God...ONTD caught on finally

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/14240241.html

I'd suggest not reading the comments. Sometimes they can be funny, but often they are quite vicious.

It's hard for us fans to understand that regular people who are not U2 fans and don't know much about Bono react to stories like these and how ignorant they are. There are some hilarious comments on this site, but it doesn't bother me at all. People have no idea. They say they have never seen his wife and don't know how she looks like and that he's keeping her locked away. Some are more nasty, like that Ali only cares for his money and that they have been separated for a long time - where does this come from? Seriously, I wouldn't bother too much about stupid comments from people who have no idea.

BTW, the pictures are quite nice. In one of them you can see Eve clearly and that she's also wearing a rosary over her dress. I have never seen that before.

last unicorn said:

It's hard for us fans to understand that regular people who are not U2 fans and don't know much about Bono react to stories like these and how ignorant they are. There are some hilarious comments on this site, but it doesn't bother me at all. People have no idea. They say they have never seen his wife and don't know how she looks like and that he's keeping her locked away. Some are more nasty, like that Ali only cares for his money and that they have been separated for a long time - where does this come from? Seriously, I wouldn't bother too much about stupid comments from people who have no idea.

BTW, the pictures are quite nice. In one of them you can see Eve clearly and that she's also wearing a rosary over her dress. I have never seen that before.

Stupidity=:drool: I swear, I've seen Eve wear that rosary before. I think it's beautiful:love:

Yeah, I noticed the rosary too. I'm a member of the livejournal community but you won't catch me commenting on this subject there. :no: Bunch of ignoramuses!! :madspit: Where's Paris Hilton when you need her!! :shifty:

hillers said:
Oh God...ONTD caught on finally

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/14240241.html

I'd suggest not reading the comments. Sometimes they can be funny, but often they are quite vicious.

ONTD! :lol:

I love that place, but yeah. Any mention of Bono, and the haters come out of the woodwork. You have to take it all with a grain of salt the size of your head.

edit: Wow, they actually went easy on him. Most people who commented seem to realize how ridiculous he'd be to flaunt an affair so publicly and in front of his own daughter.

Color me pleasantly surprised! Maybe most of the Bono haters on ONTD got bored with bitching about him. :wink:

Last edited:
btw, I can't WAIT for the tabloids to see this pic!

omg guys look! its Bono, with another mysterious woman behind him! he prolly held hands with her too!! :ohmy: drama drama drama!

":wink: yes, I do know it's obviously Ali...

Sorry to get on the hair topic, but it looks a wee bit longer and maybe some gray :drool: SWEET
He should wear some light color, gauzy shirts with a few open buttons, instead of that black t shirt for sure, cuz it is so hot in St Tropez and so is he. I have mixed opinions about this thread, it is so good to see him...am guilty of loving to see him anywhere, anytime doing anything . I can't imagine how he must feel to always be in the spotlight WHENEVER he is out. Am so happy to see Ali, but wanted to see them together. We couldn't possibly know what the situation is, but i believe part of it is him keeping his family out of the obvious public eye here. (since the avg person knows nothing about him, really). There definitely was more attention due to the supermodels presence. He always has the last laugh, with his quick wit -It was odd that he was very quiet overall this time. he seemed to want to be left alone, but signed something for someone, i thought i saw.
I couldn't help thinking while watching the videos- who knows lip reading here, and why don't they post what they saw......See it is never enough, we are inexhaustibly smitten with this man.

:drool: :heart:

I grew sick of this thread several pages ago, but I'm glad I popped back in to see the new photo :)

blm said:
Sorry to get on the hair topic, but it looks a wee bit longer and maybe some gray :drool: SWEET
He should wear some light color, gauzy shirts with a few open buttons, instead of that black t shirt for sure, cuz it is so hot in St Tropez and so is he.
Yes :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom