Bono in Red Nose Day sketch tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greenlight

The Fly
I've just read that Bono is supposed to be appearing in a sketch for Red Nose Day on BBC1 tonight.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/tm_...objectid=18762276&siteid=89520-name_page.html

"Other highlights include a special appearance by Girls Aloud - and Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant team up for a sketch with Bono, Bob Geldof and Jamie Oliver.

A producer said: "It's one of the funniest scenes of the night as they try to outdo each other with heartfelt appeals to camera. Sir Bob couldn't stop laughing.""

Now that should be fun to watch. I wonder who was the most heartfelt... I would tape it for those who won't be able to access it but being a technophobe I've no idea how to upload videos so hopefully someone else can.

If that's true, that would be hilarious!
I never thought I would see Bono in a sketch with Jamie Oliver.
I hope they are cooking something together.

last unicorn said:
If that's true, that would be hilarious!
I never thought I would see Bono in a sketch with Jamie Oliver.
I hope they are cooking something together.

And I hope there are many fire extinguishers on hand! :combust:

Oh, I hope this gets uploaded somewhere. :hyper:

waynetravis said:
what time is it on?

according to my tv-book, it starts at 7 pm and it goes on thill 3 in the morning. (with a newsbreak at 10pm) :ohmy:

I can wait to see Bono with Jamie :drool:
I always found Jamie to have some Bono moves and mannerisms :wink:

Last edited:
:lmao: this GOTTA be good! Last time he and Larry were on the sketch, it was hillarious!

:hmm: I can see BBC1 here.... so it starts at 7 pm... aka 8pm my time... :hmm: I wonder hwat time Bono will be on

My tv guide mentions sketches with Catherine Tate, Ricky Gervais, Jonathan Ross and Kate Moss, all after the news, so starting around 10.35pm (11.35pm for us Dutchie/Belgians ..)

No mention of Bono or Geldof though :(

I don't know how accurate this info is of course, so don't shoot me if it's wrong. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the Heads Up! :drool: Always watch Rednose day incase! I loved the one U2 did with AVP that they did a few years back! classic

:hyper: should be good!

on a different but related subject (Bono on TV), does anyone know if Bono appears in the "Making of Tony Bennett's Duets" doc which is airing here in the US tonite on PBS?

Thank you so much for the info, Greenlight! :happy:

Now I am gonna watch the show and stay up until 4 o'clock in the morning if I have to!

I hope the sketch will turn up on the internet soon for everyone who can't get it.

greety said:
My tv guide mentions sketches with Catherine Tate, Ricky Gervais, Jonathan Ross and Kate Moss, all after the news, so starting around 10.35pm (11.35pm for us Dutchie/Belgians ..)

No mention of Bono or Geldof though :(

I don't know how accurate this info is of course, so don't shoot me if it's wrong. :rolleyes:

im just gonna put my tv on BBC at 7 and leave it in the background until Bono's name is mentioned :wink:

bonocomet said:
:hyper: should be good!

on a different but related subject (Bono on TV), does anyone know if Bono appears in the "Making of Tony Bennett's Duets" doc which is airing here in the US tonite on PBS?

This is what public television has described in the program listing. I just realized they played this here a few weeks ago and I missed it!:scream:

Description

TONY BENNETT DUETS: THE MAKING OF AN AMERICAN CLASSIC goes into the studio for a behind-the-scenes look at the making of Tony Bennett's acclaimed 2006 album, Duets - An American Classic, that found the singer recording many of his biggest hits and favorite songs – live in the studio with some of today's biggest stars. Elton John, Bono, Barbra Streisand, Stevie Wonder, Sting, the Dixie Chicks, and others participate in this musical celebration of Bennett's 80th birthday.

No sign of the B or Jamie so far and it's 10:00 Brit time. :| No mention either. However, seeing these films of children/young ppl dying of aids just brings on home what Bono is trying to do with his celebrity. Makes you realise just how fortunate most of us are.

...watch this space; if B comes on, I'll post straight away.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom