bono in portland(how my heart was broken)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2bonogirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Back on the blue crack after a long break
Well I had my first Bono experience ladies.
I was with Karmic Postmark and duchess of new york
They can tell you all about how I am a nutcase now:wink:

Anyway, so I got there really early because i was meeting danielle(karmic)
and I needed a place to park. I was totally lost and i came upon this place that looked like a good place to park and it was the only place i could find anybody
I pulled into this underground parking place and asked the guy if i could park in there.
no.
it seems my bono radar was on and I happened upon the place where the man himself was supposed to be arriving!
the problem
I was lost and didnt know how to get back there once i left it.
poor danielle, she was gimping around everywhere and i couldnt bring myself to drag her all over kingdom come looking for this garage which she dubbed the mystical land in my brain! :D
later on i find this lady i told about the mystical land and she'd gone there.
and saw BONO.
I missed him. :mad: :sad:
then i threw myself on the ground and screamed really loud. i was so pissed.
then we went in and his speech was fantastic. he was wonderful and funny and touching and everything he always is.
by the way, he kept scratching his chest under his shirt and he had to pull it back every time.....yeah:drool:
and he sucked on his thumb once. :D
so afterward we all met up again(i had the crappiest tickets)
and went to the place i found before because somebody gave us directions.
well we waited.....
and after a while he came out, went straight for his car and they drove him off in the big SUV.
i wanted to cry so bad. all i wanted was to see his face and where i was sitting it was too far away
if he could have just come out and said hi to us i would have been in heaven, but i didnt even see him when he went to the car. i was trying to be nice and not squish the person next to me because at the earlier bono sighting some people got really rough and crunched each other.
so that was my bono experience.
almost uneventful! consult the others for better versions of the story.
im still in heartbreak mode at the moment. ive had no sleep for three days and i think i need a nap!

Last edited:
:hug: u2bonogirl :hug:

I was really bummed out after I went to Atlanta for the King award dinner , but a lot of it was the lack of sleep and being overtired from the travelling :( It was more frustrating than I had anticipated.

I hope you feel better later after you've had some rest :hug:

thanks kelly! :hug:
im sure i'll come back to life in a little while. Im just on bono withdrawl and on a new level of disappointment thats all.
now i will have a huger zeal for getting a badass ticket for the next tour. he said he would be in portland for the tour last night so now all i have to do is wait
isnt it neat that the girls who swiped his lyrics from october gave them back?:ohmy: that was so shocking, and he was so happy to have them back

oh my gosh and Bono said 'dude' it was so hilarious! :lol:
he was perfect.

i wonder if there is a site thats offering clips of it. i seriously cant even remember all the hilarious things he said but there were alot of them. i was gripping the old guy next to me telling him all these random bono trivia snips! i think he was a little scared of me to be honest.....:|

u2bonogirl said:
i wonder if there is a site thats offering clips of it. i seriously cant even remember all the hilarious things he said but there were alot of them. i was gripping the old guy next to me telling him all these random bono trivia snips! i think he was a little scared of me to be honest.....:|

aww :hug:

In Atlanta, I was sitting at a table with about 6 other girls and two guys. The couple that was sitting next to me were very nice, but it was obvious that the girl had been the one who wanted to go to this event because she was the U2 fan. The guy was wondering how much we knew about Bono, like what is Bono's birthday? Immediately, all seven of us girls turned to him and said, "May 10th, 1960!" The look on the guy's face was so funny :lol:

Last edited:
haha! of course we know his birthday! i dont know most of my families but i sure as hell know his.
i got quizzed the other day for u2 facts by some of my friends, it just confirmed the fact that they think i'm nuts:wink:
i didnt get to sit by anybody near my age so i made do and harrassed all the old people! by the end they were warming up to me and the guy actually was asking me questions about bono when he was younger.
finally something i know a lot about!!!!

I'm also hoping someone will post clips or at least an accurate transcript...www.atu2.com says it will publish a full report (Matt McGee lives closer to Portland than me, so I'm assuming he was there too). I took a notebook and wrote down the bits that were different from past speeches, which I am typing up now and will post later. He really was funny last night! I think the return of the October notebook put him in a really good mood because he seemed to be really light and happy the entire time.

u2bonogirl said:
i wonder if there is a site thats offering clips of it. i seriously cant even remember all the hilarious things he said but there were alot of them.

u2bonogirl said:

by the way, he kept scratching his chest under his shirt and he had to pull it back every time.....

He was doing all he could to not rip it off in front of witnesses....cheeky rock star...:tsk: :wink:

Bono sucking his thumb....I am reminded of when he did that on Popmart video :drool:

Im sorry your Bono meeting didnt work out for you this time! :(
There will be more opportunities though luckily with the new tour!
And atleast you got to hear his wonderful speech! :)

Sorry it didnt work out but you will meet him I'm sure!!:wink:

At least you got to be in the same space!!!!:wink:

When I met Bono, I didn't have enough time to get a picture in but Eep reminded me it took her four times meeting Bono before getting a pic. I'm just thankful I got to shake his hand and speak to him in person. Bono holding my hands :combust:

It was really strange though, the day after everything was over, I was so sick and honestly have never felt so awful physically and emotionally in my entire life. It was so strange. I think everything was too much - driving 15 hrs each way with car problems, sleeping out on the cement in December (22 degrees all night!), waiting in line all day with no food trying to stay warm, meeting Bono twice, meeting a woman who's baby died of AIDS, sitting next to Warren Buffet, having Lance Armstrong say high to me :drool: :faint: - you'd think it would be an awesome high after meeting Bono but it was so hard for the next 24 hrs and after I had eaten, slept, warmed up, taken meds, and calmed down I felt fine again.

i never got a pic because for one, i was never close enough to get more than a profile of his body, and second
:reject:
i locked my keys in the car....along with the camera!
:eyebrow:
i swear, sometimes i dont know how i do these things
i thought i had lost my keys at first because i 'swore' i checked the ignition before i locked the car.
danielle asked me if i wanted to go look for them instead of going in to the building on time.
i was like
:lol: lets go in!
i dont care what i have to do. this tour
im getting tickets:mad:

i am starting to feel better. once i get some sleep maybe things will look a little happier. i cried at work. it felt so stupid. i was just minding my own business and then i was crying.
*sigh* bono is such a terrorist of poor girls like me. making me suffer while he gets to be around himself all the time:wink:

Back
Top Bottom