Bono in Philly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Teta040

Refugee
Just to remind everyone of something I saw on the News page...

Bono will be in Philadelphia to receive the Liberty medal tonight (Thursday). On the news page there's a link to the place where you will be able to watch the 50-min broadcast live, starting at 7 PM (ET).

Of course it's always a pleasure hearing our B-man speak; I wonder if he will use the occasion to make any further remarks about Burma though, considering what has further happened in the past 24 hrs. I too am "saying my prayers." And I have to say it, wonder if he is aware of the...um...."liberty" situation here....

Anyway, would this be a place to post stills of the event?

u2jesusgirl said:

Am I wrong or it will start at 11pm for me?:scratch:
I thought there were more jet lag's hours between philly and italy...anyway, as I have to take my son to nursery school tomorrow and then be also able to reach the office, should it begin later I'm sure I can go to bed while you plebans will manage to post stills and pix of it on this thread...aren't you? :wink:

onekea, it starts at midnight UK time, that makes 1 a. m. for us (someone correct me please if I'm wrong), it says so on the Liberty Medal website.

Since I have another day off tomorrow I might stay up. I hope I can finish my work and that I don't fall asleep, but I am quite excited about all of this.

last unicorn said:
onekea, it starts at midnight UK time, that makes 1 a. m. for us (someone correct me please if I'm wrong), it says so on the Liberty Medal website.

Since I have another day off tomorrow I might stay up. I hope I can finish my work and that I don't fall asleep, but I am quite excited about all of this.

:sad: so...it's as I've presupposed...:banghead:
well then...I'm going to bed...:sad:...wish you to enjoy the show also for me! :)
looking forward to tomorrow's pix :dancing:
buona notte, goodnight!

My friends just saw him leave the hotel. Zey got up to talk to Bono for a second before he left. The others just watched him. I dont think anyone managed pictures. Sounds like he is off to the reception now...Starts in 15 minutes according to the schedule.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/front

The fun is beginning!!!

philly1_edited.jpg

philly5_edited.jpg

philly6_edited.jpg

philly10_edited.jpg

philly11_edited.jpg

Nor me...and I busted my butt to get home early to watch this.....
\
HELP!!!!!!
I DON'T BELIEVE THIS.....all three links aren't working for me....and I even made sure I wouldn't need a password to get into the Liberty medal site.....

Has it started yet????

Last edited:
it's also supposed to be archived on the site for the next month in case you miss it (which I might, I gotta run!)

Thanks U2Fanatic, but that link isn't working either. It just says "done" and doesn't do anything.

Stoopid :censored: computer!

I am :sad: !!!

Damn it, all I am getting is a blank white box, on both sites....at least it isn't just me....all tho more frustrating when you can get the TOYOTA AD underneath it... I'm starting to cry here....I don't HAVE another PC.....how is the archived link supposed to work if none of these do???:sad:

Last edited:
It wasn't working for me on firefox but internet explorer works fine. What browser are you guys using?

I watch it at the abc site, but it's interrupted a lot, but at least I see some of it. Bono is sitting on stage, there are speeches and performances, he hasn't talked yet. Weather is fine, people are wearing (Red) and One shirts, some are carrying Bono banners. I don't know how long this will last, it's already 1:30 a. m. here and the webcast isn't really stable for me, but there's still hope to watch it from the archives later.

Sometimes it goes out and I get a white box, but it's back when I refresh, so maybe those of you who have problems watching it, just try refreshing.

unico said:
it isn't working for me either. do you have a mac? maybe it isn't compatible :(

No, I've got a HP. :mad:

It's my 40th birthday today, Bono, speak to me!!! :wink:

Mephy said:
It wasn't working for me on firefox but internet explorer works fine. What browser are you guys using?

:hug: That did the trick! Thanks Mephy!!!!

Haven't' used Explorer in a while....but it's working....THANKS!!

Bush The Elder is speaking.....I don't mind him...he was a previous recipient, and unlike his father and his son, HE isn't an....well..I won't go there.....

Sunglasses...LOL.....

George Bush Sr. is speaking now, Bono looks so nervous!
They showed some wonderful footage about him.

Bono Mot, HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2U!!! I hope the webcast works for you.

Back
Top Bottom