Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:03 AM

Old 09-27-2007, 08:43 PM   #62
Blue Crack Addict

Old 09-27-2007, 08:43 PM   #63
Refugee

Local Time: 12:03 AM
Blm, you just outdid me in the senimentality dept.....Bob and Iris...*SNIFF* I need a Kleenex. IMO, Ali probably wasn't there. She's back in Dublin I'm sure, with the kids in school. I mean this is just probably a 24-hr thing for him....hop on the Elevation Express, a 7 hr trip total, maybe 71/2 hrs with a switchover, relax a bit at the hotel, the event--plus a good bit of schmoozing and meet and greets in between---hope the Philly folks have some stories to tell! --some sleep (unless you're up watching CNN about Burma!) and then back to Dublin tomorrow.
Though it would be nice if she were here. But thatfirst pic on page 1 looked like he was leaving his hotel room, and she wasn't there....accosted by the media outside his own door, LOL..

BTW, Bono Mot, Happy Birthday! This was a great gift I'm sure! And life will only get better. I'm not too far from 40 myself and you're only growing older if you think you are and feel like it. As Bono wrote, "Some days you wake up in the Army"...lol.

You know, not to geek out here, but even after 10 yrs I'm still amazed at the Internet. That we can be all over the place (the US, Venezuela, Europe) and all tune in to this more or less together. It's just fantastic. I WISH we had had this at earlier points in U2's career, or our lives. Remember when ZooTV was the bee's knees in cutting edge technology? When Bono actually made calls to the White House onstage via a phone connected to a cord, and we freaked out? When someone pointed a videocamera at him and filmed him onstage and what we saw was broadcast 80 feet high. That was really space age. Now, ZooTV is downright primative. Now we do stuff like this and it's no big deal. Amazing, huh?

Hopefully someday they will start building a concert archive on their site (maybe they have one?) and you will be able to watch the latest show on their next tour 24 hrs after the show. THAT would be great! One can dream?

PS. Ah, the pics are coming up! Thanks Unicorn!

Though I am trying to figure out how to put this on a DVD from a simple laptop...it can be done I think?
Old 09-27-2007, 08:44 PM   #64
Blue Crack Addict

Okay, the last ones, then I'm off to bed:

Old 09-27-2007, 08:45 PM   #65
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:03 PM

Old 09-27-2007, 08:50 PM   #66
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono Mot
Off topic:

Comet, please stop posting, because I end up spending *hours* clicking on your little Bonos.

Just kidding...they're lovely!

*click* *click* *click* *click*
*click* *click* *click*
Old 09-27-2007, 08:51 PM   #67
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by one4u2
^Just about to post those!!
Ooops, nevermind, I'm sure there will be more!

Teta040, thank you for sharing your feelings, I can totally relate.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:54 PM   #68
Refugee

I see Bono wasn't wearing his platforms He looks so tiny next to Bush the Elder.

And the Liberty Medal looks like an Olympic medal.....the Medal of Freedom next! (That's the highest US civilian award, am I correct?) Heck, he's got every award now but the Nobel Prize and he'll probably never get that, so might as well throw the MOF in!
Old 09-27-2007, 08:59 PM   #69
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:03 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/2...atchxhJb003g--

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/2...k9_g61s6jaYA--

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/2...nVBAqemGKdvw--

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids...U_xZhAz3_6cQ--

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids...v1Z_LI90K0pQ--

I think these may have been posted on the last page - can't keep up, and I just happened to have seen them
Old 09-27-2007, 09:01 PM   #70
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 09-27-2007, 09:01 PM   #71
Refugee

Unicorn, about the speech (my initial thoughts on content), about fandom, or the Internet? Thanks anyhoo.

BTW, you can call me Teta--it's a name taken from the Star Wars Extended UNiverse (the world of the Star Wars novels.) Empress Teta. It's also very close to my real name. The "40" comes from my 2nd favorite U2 song (Bad being the first.) Thanks for being nice to a PLEBA posting newbie. I'm more of an FYM'er. I only lurk here daily to catch up on the guys' whereabouts--an endearingly despicable habit we 80's fans began doing long ago. Don't ask me why we HAVE to know what the guys are doing as much as possible.....they're like family at this point I guess.

You guys who have been posting pics of them in NYC and Italy this summer ROCK.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:02 PM   #72
Refugee

It's great to see those pictures of young kids looking to Bono for leadership. You know, people are always complaining that kids these days have no good role-models to follow, but I think in Bono they have something better. That is a real-model. In other words, someone who isn't perfect, but does great things anyway, someone who falls on his face but knows how to get up and keep going, someone who although he might forget his wife's birthday has never forgotten how important she is to him, and someone who has never forgotten his friends. I've never liked having so-called perfect people for role models because the kids know they aren't perfect so they don't think they can live up to the standards they set and when they slip up, and they always do, the kids say so much for your perfect role-model and it actually reinforces the idea that those standards are unattainable. But with a real-model, like Bono, they can see that they have a chance to be great too because if Bono is no more perfect than they are, then they have a chance to be like him.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:06 PM   #73
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:03 PM

loved the fans/signs
Old 09-27-2007, 09:06 PM   #74
Refugee

AMEN. God knows there are practically NO American heroes right now--just the opposite, and in abundance. We really have hit bottom. Oh, maybe we have famous people, but IMO, Tiger Woods is an inspirational figure for certain reasons, but a sports hero is limited. Obama was a hero for a while but sad to say he is finally getting sucked into the political vortex and is being spit out the other end....yesterday's backstabbing House vote on Iran and MoveOn.org proves this, he is being blackmailed....

You know, these pics are realy moving...I HAVE to get off and watch the speech again, is the archive up yet?
Old 09-27-2007, 09:08 PM   #75
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:03 PM
How long did Bono speak for? I can't wait to hear it! Is it possible someone could eventually upload this to Youtube or anything?