Bono in Philly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that was beautiful JC
tearsofjoy.gif
:hug:

^^^ so wonderful that you got the chance to meet Bono and tell him how he touched you and in turn you touched the lives of other.... beautiful letter ..... :)

Awe, Shannon, thank you so much.

and no, he didn't remember signing my jeans (I wish) :drool:
but maybe next time he'll remember what I gave him. Notice how I said next time. :lol:
:yes:

JCOSTER said:

but maybe next time he'll remember what I gave him. Notice how I said next time. :lol:
:yes:

whats the mega upload for?

lol I said the same thing to someone. There has to be a next time of course! :)
Maybe with Edge too!

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
whats the mega upload for?

greety couldn't get the s e n d pace link for the speech to work, so I uploaded it to m e g a upload. It's nothing new. :D

Is there any chance someone can re-up the speech file on another website?

I'm currently living in China, and when I try to use it tells me all of my country's spots are full, even at 3AM! My wife and I are teachers at a university in Beijing and she is wanting to use the speech for one of her classes. She's teaching a unit on world issues and is wanting to discuss involvement in Africa.

Any help is much appreciated!!

stammer476 said:
Is there any chance someone can re-up the speech file on another website?

I'm currently living in China, and when I try to use it tells me all of my country's spots are full, even at 3AM! My wife and I are teachers at a university in Beijing and she is wanting to use the speech for one of her classes. She's teaching a unit on world issues and is wanting to discuss involvement in Africa.

Any help is much appreciated!!

Which one are you trying? There were two different mega upload links as well as a send space link.

Dana

The smaller one (60 MB) would be easier to download. The send space link didn't work at all and the mega upload links said my country didn't have an open slots. May be yousend it?

Looks like it should work. The connection is really slow in the evenings, so I'll try it again in the morning when it's better.

Thanks so much!

Speaking of Philly, I’ve been meaning to post this:

IMG_1109.jpg

It’s so sad how hardly anyone came out to support Bono and DATA getting this award.
Damn standing area tickets.

JCOSTER Thanks for posting the photos and the story :D

Such a beautiful sweet story :D poor boy :(

Thanks to all who posted the photos and video s and links too :D

Thanks Jc for the video link to the blog spot Bono is soo sweet :D

PS Video links are not working for me :(

Last edited:
pattip2000 said:
Speaking of Philly, I’ve been meaning to post this:

IMG_1109.jpg

It’s so sad how hardly anyone came out to support Bono and DATA getting this award.
Damn standing area tickets.

I read on another site that all the tickets were sold but a lot of people were at the reception drinking cocktails when the ceremony started and did not return to their seat, instead watched the thing from the balcony.

Honestly, I was shocked, too, when I saw all the empty seats, but since it had been reported earlier that there were no more tickets available I was wondering where all the people were who paid so much for their seats.

Back
Top Bottom