Bono in Philly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guys I'm still so excited from Thursday night despite the most hectic weekend ever. A friend and interferencer ended up getting a pic of me and Bono and just sent it to me - it's not the perfect angle but I will be staring at it forever :)

I loved meeting you all and this thread is perfect for reliving the night.

IMG_1126.jpg

Varitek said:
Guys I'm still so excited from Thursday night despite the most hectic weekend ever. A friend and interferencer ended up getting a pic of me and Bono and just sent it to me - it's not the perfect angle but I will be staring at it forever :)

I loved meeting you all and this thread is perfect for reliving the night.

IMG_1126.jpg

Awesome, that was quite a moment! I'm so happy you got a better picture. did I ever send you the other one?

:faint:

I only just now got around to seeing the speech and going through this thread.

First off, let me just say that that man never fails to amaze me. The speech was incredible, and I must say that Bono's passion just does something to me. He inspires me and gives me hope for the future of our planet. I know that sounds cheesy as hell, but to see how strongly he sticks to his convictions, and how confident he is that if we just stand up and pull our weight, we can change the world for the better really gives me hope. I truly do love the man, not just because he's beautiful and sexy and amazing and talented, but because of this. Because he knows what he believes in and is not afraid to stand up for it.

Thank you so much to everyone for all the links and photos. This speech is now my second favourite Bonospeech (I don't think anything can beat his speech at the National Prayer Breakfast a couple of years ago.)

Also, the PLEBAn in me must add that he is seriously looking good :drool:

During the Clinton Giving panel Shakira was talking about how Bono got the debt dropped and he tried to squirm out by saying we (indicating everyone in the movement) got it done, but Shakira said "yeah, but only because YOU convinced us that we could make a difference." She said that watching Live 8 and seeing people from all over the world coming together over that was what got her motivated to do her part for her own country.

Dana

JCOSTER said:
Hey, remember when we were all standing on the curb and the little boy and his mom were trying to get in to see Bono because the little boy was ill and he came out skipping and jumping saying I wore Bono's glasses! This made me emotional since I had the scare this summer with my own son.

Well, this is his mom telling the story. It's Great!
I found this over on u2.com.

I'll just come out and say, my son Brandon had his wish granted to meet Bono! Many here know my little boy's situation with his fighting Leukemia and they know how he has come to love Bono very much. Well... with special thanks going out to the people of the National Constitution center and one special gentleman who was secret service, who, through their combined efforts my little boy's wish to meet his hero came true. Without going into the total details of what they did for us, I'll just sum it up by saying we found ourselves outside with security after the event who went in to locate Bono's PR people, who were made aware of Brandon's story and came down and ushered us in and granted my little boy his wish.

We were led upstairs in the Consitution center to the room where Bono was and my son was sent in to meet his hero. I followed in behind and stayed off to the side as I watched this whole amazing thing happen to my son.

Let me just say that I will never forget the look on my son's face when he saw Bono for the first time, as he jumped up and down with his little 5 year old happiness and excitement. I will never forget the look on his face as he looked up at Bono. I haven't the words to describe it... happiness just doesn't seem to cover it.

When Bono saw Brandon, he seemed to see no one else. He was all about my little boy for that moment in time.

I'm hesitant to share this moment but will, only because I know many of you here know my son's story and it only seems fair to tell you of it. I'm a little guarded about the pics because this is my little boy here. The emotions of that moment seem a little private to share but I will share as much as I can. There was something private that Bono shared with Brandon that I will not post here for all to read. It was an such a privately emotional and beautiful thing.

I said but one thing to Bono and that was to tell him that this was the little boy who drew the picture for him that he was given in D.C. I barely got all of that out before Bono turned to Brandon and said "Wow... that was you?" and then "You beat it!" "You beat this!"

I'm just going to shut up now and let the pictures do the talking for me, luckily, one of the women who was with the National Constitution center took my camera to take this pics because I was so lost here watching this whole thing that I would never have remembered to take pics. She must have known that. LOL
brandonmeetingbono92707.jpg

Bonoputtinghisglassesonbrandon92707.jpg

brandonwearingBonosglasses92707-1.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/

albums/f45/jcoster/Joshua/fire/brandonhuggingbono92707.jpg

That has to be one of the sweetest Bono stories I've ever heard. :love:

I'm really glad Brandon got to meet B. I can't even imagine what it must have been like for him and his ma.

That last pic....incredible. Considering that poor little lad's illness, I couldn't help but think of Sian, and apparently Bono was too. It's almost like he was lifting him up and offering him to the Lord, praying for him. Hence the look in his eyes.

This has got to be one of the most beautiful Bono stories I've ever heard. Whatever the really private moment between Bono and the boy was that the mother didn't want to share, I don't begrudge them one bit.

I'll pray for both of them.

rihannsu said:

Thanks for the link! I was all proud that I'd figured out how to get the file and convert it and was in the process of trying to upload it when I saw your link. Now I won't feel so bad if I can't get the upload finished. Mine is in mpg format and yours is avi so if anyone wants the mpg and can't convert it themselves I'll go ahead and post the link for mine when it's ready.

Dana

Edit: Here's the link for the mpg version of the abc file

http://www.mega up load.com/?d=DF2CXZI9

Thanks for this! :bow: I couldn't the send space link to work either! :shrug: Wonderful inspiring speech!! :love:

Congrats to all the Plebans who got to meet our guy for the first time and again (JC I'm so envious, I've turned green! :wink: ) and thanks for sharing your stories and all your lovely photos! :hug:

ORIG QUOTED BY: Teta040
Last: Blm: YOU'RE A BRUCE FAN!?!?!? He was on "Today" and you recorded it? *slaps forehead* what cavehave I been living in, the tour starts Oct 2! Was he in Joisy? I remember when he did the same thing for the last album. I did't see him last time b/c he wasn't with the E Street Band.....though I saw him the 2 tours before that. Do you have tix??? I forogt aobut the tour and missed the tix sales (he's just added a date here in Albany) and I'm sure it's all sold out....I logged on to Backstreets but it's taken 4 days so far for them to get me inot the system??? is that normal, for the tix exchange? The Albany date isn't until November but last time this was how I got a ticket....I don't care hwhere I am as long as I'm in the building....."Whoa, oh oh OH, oh"....can you keepa lookout for me, anyone who has an extra Albany ticket?? Or suggest a clue? I'm short in funds and can't buy from a scalper....

I am a Bruce fan, but much much lower on the scale to U2. I do not have tix at all, hadn't planned on seeing him. I dn't know of anyone who has tickets, either. I have a fund going for u2-SINCE I AM PROBABLY ONE OF THE RARE FEW WHO HAVE NEVER SEEN THEM LIVE YET, :mad:

JCOSTER said:

When we were calling him over when he first came out, I don't think you guys noticed but I am so enthralled with him that I hang on every word. He said I'm coming, I'm right here my beauties! I lost for a split second. :ohmy:

Yes, my hubby does rock!
BTW: we met when I was 16 and he was 17.

Oh JC, Val, Edgeistoosexy and the rest of you::drunk: :yippie:
Wish you had a tape of that *thud*.
Congrats to you ALL!!

Just finished reading this thread.

JC- thanks for posting Brandons' and his moms' story. Bono has a passion for life and love that should inspire everyone. There are so many reasons to love this man.

Val- HE SPOKE TO YOU!!!!!!!! :combust:

blm...I was not near Bono when I asked him how his night was. I think I was 4 rows back. Everyone kept calling Bono will you sign this (I had my arem stretched right out there with something to sign as well) when I realized this was Bono's special night, so I asked him how his night was. I spoke loud and clear into the night, and he answered.

Val said:
blm...I was not near Bono when I asked him how his night was. I think I was 4 rows back. Everyone kept calling Bono will you sign this (I had my arem stretched right out there with something to sign as well) when I realized this was Bono's special night, so I asked him how his night was. I spoke loud and clear into the night, and he answered.

exactly, everyone was wanting something signed so i decided, might as well have a conversation with him instead of doing that. it was well worth it too!

I think Bono is holding what JC gave him.
Beautiful pics! Beautiful man. Beautiful day.

greety said:

Is this one also 153MB (like the mega up load)?

Cus I can't donwload this one, I always get the message there are not free slots available.
and I've tried last Saturday and now (over and over again), and it's always the same :mad:

No, it's 60MB. Would you like it uploaded to something else?

Back
Top Bottom