Bono in Paris

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono should ditch the glasses....he looks too much like Geddy Lee of Rush.

I don't know how to post pics to prove my point...but google it...its true!!

Laney_82 said:
the sleeves have belts...:D

I spent the longest time trying to figure those cuffs out!

Thanks everybody for the pictures, video, article, everything!!! And it looks like I'm the only one who likes his glasses. :reject:

ok it's not perfect but here it is , scruff is really diffcult .
bonoparis11.jpg

Bono Mot said:

I spent the longest time trying to figure those cuffs out!

Thanks everybody for the pictures, video, article, everything!!! And it looks like I'm the only one who likes his glasses. :reject:

I like the glasses too. You are not alone :hug:

I don't like these round glasses either ... I prefer Bono with no glasses at all. I wish he'd continue this "trend" he started lately.

But he's a sweetheart anyway and it's great seeing him out and about for his causes.

I just had to laugh big time yesterday when I saw him arriving in THAT outfit. Oh Bono ...

:lol:

u2trinity said:
ok it's not perfect but here it is , scruff is really diffcult .
bonoparis11.jpg

thanks trinity for finally giving justice to this chin! :bow:

thanks you all for the :love: stuff, girls. you make my (leather)day :drool:

I really don't know why everyone is going on about the outfit.

It all fits perfect together, only if he would tuck in his shirt, it would be absolute perfect.

He looks much better this way than he did when he met Chirac a few years ago, remember the white/blue checkered shirt and the green tie??

He looks awful. Sorry, but I'm not one of those fans who thinks he looks great in anything. Bono dresses either really cool or like this. Maybe time to start growing the hair longer and get back to wearing black, and looking like rock star Bono. And for heavens sake those glasses. My oh my.

it is so not about what he is wearing.

i feel bono is taking on a new phase in his life, he looks so much like an elder statesman , so knowledgeable, so serene , i wish he would go into "politics " proper - he could be such a wonderful world leader .

True. His look in the past year is showing his age however, It's not his best look and I for one would love him to go back to the way he looked at Live 8 for example. Each to their own though.

Hm, yeah, but I think Bono is well aware of the people he is meeting, at least he makes a difference in dressing up for a meeting or a rock concert.

There is no point in comparing.

Of course we all love him better in stage gear, but here we're seeing him as a statesman and maybe by dressing up (well it is for his doing lol), he hopes to get better access with these politicians, without beeing seen as the popsstar who wants to be noticed.

When Bono does his campaigning and meets presidents, he's not a rock star. It's a different role he's playing there. I think he has consciously changed his style in recent years to look more serious and serene.

And I don't believe he'll ever let his hair grow out long, because he is simply too old for long hair, and with his hair thinning like this on top, long hair would look stupid on him. I'm all for longer hair, yes, but not the way it was during the first Vertigo legs, that just wouldn't fit anymore.

Overall I have to say, it's fun making jokes about Bono's appearance in a loving way, BUT I think we shouldn't forget that he's there for a really serious cause. What he's wearing or if we like or don't like his glasses or hairstyle is really of zero importance considering what these meetings are all about.

Back
Top Bottom