Bono in Paris

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JCOSTER said:
Go to Google NewsBono and Archbishop for Forum
2 days ago

Bono, the Archbishop of Dublin and EU Commissioner Charlie McCreevy will be among 2,000 VIPs attending the World Economic Forum next week. Founded in 1971, the Geneva-based foundation holds an annual meeting of top political and business leaders to discuss global issues.

Also contributing to the 2008 event, to be held in Davos, Switzerland, from January 23-27, will be former President Mary Robinson and businessmen Denis O'Brien and Peter Sutherland. The theme of this year's Forum is 'The Power of Collaborative Innovation'

AWESOME Thank you JC!

Forget it. Davos is shut down during the WEF, it's basically a security fortress. You cannot just walk in there to take pictures.

last unicorn said:
Forget it. Davos is shut down during the WEF, it's basically a security fortress. You cannot just walk in there to take pictures.

Geez, I was just speculating. :|
I got an email from her and she said that she was indeed trying to get a room in/around Davos but didn't have any luck ( this was a while ago)
Bummer man. I imagine Sundance is impossible too for all the late comers. You can't exactly sleep on the beach there!! :)

Someone I know was trying to get into Davos to meet Bono a few years ago and they sent him away because he was not a participant of the WEF. I was just trying to tell you it's not worth it.

Maybe fans would be able to meet Bono if he was into skiing?

:wink:

last unicorn said:

thanks for the info, unicorn. now it should be easier for me to shut my heart at rest trying not to surrender to the temptation of picking up my car and cover those damned 3 hours that will separate us :sigh: :banghead:

*runs off to support group for comforting* :sad:

onekea said:

thanks for the info, unicorn. now it should be easier for me to shut my heart at rest trying not to surrender to the temptation of picking up my car and cover those damned 3 hours that will separate us :sigh: :banghead:

*runs off to support group for comforting* :sad:

Awwwhhh... don't feel bad. I live in the western US and the boys are going to be just one time zone away from me tomorrow but I can't go see them either. :( :sad:

group hug? :hug:

Inclassable11.gif

Jeannieco said:
group hug? :hug:

:yes: let's focus on sundance :love:

carek, I just realized your avi. it's :lol: :applaud: :up:

unicorn, you might then throw your stone on bono :giggle: and we could take him out cold on my car and drive back home :evil:

onekea said:

don't worry anna. I'll nurse his bump :flirt:
besides, I'm sure unicorn has got a good aim if it comes to bono. :sexywink:

Yeah, I'll surely shoot someone else because I'd be so distracted when I see Bono. :lol:

But I'm sure it will be very snowy and cold in Davos. Maybe Bono needs something to warm him up. Like being wrapped into a warm blanket and being given some hot tea (with schnaps, as we drink it here ... it works miracles), and maybe something more ... :uhoh:

Niamh_Saoirse said:
LOVE the man. Hate the glasses. :|
I would have to agree!! The glasses look like the ones he wore in "Across the Universe" They don't suit him,and they don't fit him on the ears either!!! Please put the other cool ones on Now!!:no:

Guguza said:
You're welcome chicks!

Indeed, I love Bono's profile... especially his nose! :happy:

bonofrancepresident04pf7.jpg
What are you hiding under the shirt? Aww, I still love ya!!

hcbiggs2002 said:
11982_bono_france_006_122_1140lo.jpg

Oh thanks Chazman for these larger pics, coz like Onekea I didn't notice the colour of the suit until seeing these. :wave: Deep violet.....:drool: And I think the shirt matches just fine, it's just a couple of sizes too big!? :shrug:
I really think the clothes are just too big. He really doesn't have any weight in his face,and his arms look smallish in the jacket. He really needs a tailor.

Hidy said:

I really think the clothes are just too big. He really doesn't have any weight in his face,and his arms look smallish in the jacket. He really needs a tailor.

A lot of men put on the pounds only on the tummy. My dad is a classic example, skinny everywhere but his pot belly. It looks like B has a little too much Chrissy pudding!! :ohmy:

In the latest interview at the Sundance festival Bono said some very funny things about his expanding physical appearance. He said he always gains weight between tours because he "loves to eat and drink wine". And yes, a lot of men aged 40+ have a belly, especially if they are not into sports much. But it's not that bad, because Bono's clothes simply are too big here, they make him look pregnant.

Last edited:
last unicorn said:
In the latest interview at the Sundance festival Bono said some very funny things about his expanding physical appearance. He said he always gains weight between tours because he "loves to eat and drink wine". And yes, a lot of men aged 40+ have a belly, especially if they are not into sports much. But it's not that bad, because Bono's clothes simply are too big here, they make him look pregnant.

Here's that interview...plus too he talks about a new U2 song while he pops it into the CD player of the car...

http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=4860

Back
Top Bottom