Bono in NY?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agentmissa

Refugee
I'm leaving for NY on Monday! It will be my first time. I'm scared but VERY excited. Is anyone from NY? Any suggestions on where to go or a good place to eat? I'm staying in the city and not renting a car so I'm not planning on leaving the city. I wish I would see Bono...lol. I wanted to go on the Today show and hold up a sign that reads 'PLEBA :heart: U2'...

You could try the Spotted Pig, which is a new "gastro-pub" co-owned by Bono. I guess you could also hang around outside his home at the El Dorado on Central Park West, but that probably won't lead to anything. Have fun; New York is a truly great city, and very exciting. You'll love it!

Wow, I had no idea(which is why I posted here)! Thanks. I must go to the Spotted Pig.. *laughs at name*... maybe I'll get the Bono-vibe. And to get a picture of his home! By now I'm sure you can tell I'm a freak.

:hug: People like us need to stick together!

I really am going crazy thinking about this trip. It's the farthest away from home I've been without the "parents" araound. It sounds really sad for my age but what can I say...

Ive been in NY City for three months now(without a car) and haven't seen anything(or anyone) exciting yet.My only means of transport is the bus and subway.
Oh well,I'll be leaving NY this Saturday so who cares.

I've only been there twice, and I was so freaked out by the traffic I left. The last time was Aug. 29, 2001. My kids had been bugging me to see the Twin Towers. I told them I was sorry and I'd have to go, but they'd have their whole lives to visit the Twin Towers:| :(

Since Bono has a place there it is likely you all will see more of him. Tell us about it if you do.

darn i didnt know bono was at the el dorado.. ok, next trip to new york im going to check it out. oh im only like 2 hours from new york, I went by the el dorado, didnt know bman had his place there. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Does anyone know if the El Dorado is far from Wall Street?

Mayflower, I'm so sorry you don't like it there.

Seabird, that is so sad about your kids. I to wish I had the chance to see them.

Seajewel, where did you see him in NYC?

Thanks everyone!

Thanks Agentmissa. We did see them, we could see them from 80 miles away on the turnpike like 2 ghostly shadows in the sky. We saw them coming into the city and I will never forget the tall white concrete frames with the blinking lights on top. But we didn't get to get closer, or visit them, and the only pics we had didn't turn out well at all. I had no idea they only had 2 weeks to go. :(

Just another note about Bono's place in New York. He has had a home at the El Dorado for a few years, but he recently purchased the top two floors of the San Remo (previously owned by Steve Jobs of Apple Computers). It's also on CPW, and even more
opulent, it that's possible! It is not known if they have moved yet.
Once again, have a blast!

Wow, thanks so much biff! I hope I find one of them. I'm sure it wont be to hard. It's amazing how beautiful some of the highest prised places can be, but if you have the $ and are willing to spend it , it better be nice.. :yes:

agentmissa said:
I'm leaving for NY on Monday! It will be my first time. I'm scared but VERY excited....I'm staying in the city and not renting a car so I'm not planning on leaving the city. I wish I would see Bono...lol. I wanted to go on the Today show and hold up a sign that reads 'PLEBA :heart: U2'...

There are so many places to go, things to do and people to meet in NYC; don't spend all your time hunting down someone who may not even be there. Take in a play on Broadway, or visit the many fascinating museums around the city. Check out the local eateries; NYC is famous for having excellent food, and the neighborhood delis are often just as good as the five-star restaurants. And be prepared to do a lot of walking -- the streets are in a perpetual traffic jam, you're better off walking or taking the subway everywhere (and it'll help you burn off the calories from all the excellent food! :D )

Check out the internet to see if there are any special shows or exhibitions going on in the City. You'll probably have so much fun that you won't even miss Bono.

One final note: even though the city is a lot safer than it used to be, you can't be careless. Don't wear expensive jewelry or a fancy watch, and DO NOT flash your cash. Dress to do a lot of walking (and possibly running); jeans, T-shirt and good sneakers. A fanny pack worn snugly against your body is a lot safer than a purse, or carry a slim wallet in your front jeans pocket (never the back pocket, that's just asking to be ripped off). Always, ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings. If you're going with a group of people, stay with them as much as possible. Good luck, and have an excellent trip! :)

Thanks Sue! I realize once I get there I wont know what to do first. I am ready for any pick pocket, grrrr*shows teath*.... lol. Everything you said is so helpful. I am looking forward to the food the most. Thanks again.

Oh sorry I didn't read the thread good enough :huh: Well good luck getting on TV and finding Bono anyway!

Not sure which of the 2 buildings it is...took this from Central Park last weekend.

33%3A5%3B73523232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D824%3D629%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3C%3A94%3B%3B36ot1lsi

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom